Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @15aewar

1. I'd like to see Mr Feng take a trip down Vampiress Lane!
    2. Absolutely! It'd be a lot of fun to make one, especially a spellcaster!
    3. It seems to be a good pace for now!

(I hope it's okay that I answered these questions while waiting for the okay on whether I can join!)
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @lone_cat Yeah, I've got to wonder if it's just because it was my introduction to the series that I enjoy Sims 4 as much as I do. (Okay, I did play SimAnt way, way back in ancient times, but I'm not sure that counts, and I remember being more confused by the game than entranced by it.)

Anyways, if you ever want to swap original, Sim-based manuscripts for beta-reading, just let me know. ^_^

@lilypadmeulin Of course you can join! We must have been posting at the same time, because I didn't see your post when I was replying, but I do see it now. I'll add you onto the list. :)

@15aewar I'll update the front page for Slayers and get to your questions ASAP.
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @katrinasforest Thanks, I don't really have anything right now for reading, but once I have something (it may be a while before I do), I definitely will let you know. :)

@lilypadmeulin Welcome to the group!

@15aewar It's been a while since I posed anything in sims 3, so I've forgotten a lot about it. I just remember coming to sims 4 and being so frustrated with posing. You didn't have to use teleporters in sims 3 and you could just go into build mode and move sims around like you can furniture, made it so much easier to place sims in the exact location you wanted instead of constantly having to go in and out of build mode to place the teleporter like in sims 4. It probably is just my personal preference. Anyway, here are my answers to your questions.

1. Mortimer Goth might be interesting, Bella probably wouldn't be too happy though. Though, I think it's hinted at in the lore that she had a fling with Don Lothario, so maybe this is Mortimer's revenge on Bella, only it doesn't go so well for him. Don would be another guy I could see in Elvira's basement, he just seems like this sleazy ladies man. Or maybe Bob Pancakes, it sounds like his marriage to Eliza is a bit, lackluster. Maybe he meets Elvira and sparks fly.
    2. I'm too attached to my sims to see them die, lol. Maybe if my game generates a sim (I'd give them a makeover so they aren't wearing something outlandish) I could send them your way. A merman might be interesting.
    3. I think the pacing is just right. I am really enjoying getting to know the kids. Demetrius is my favorite character in your story, so far. He just seems like this really confused teenager, trying to figure himself out. He's had a really messed up upbringing, so I get why he's so confused and he's also erratic, which doesn't help.
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    @15aewar Answers...
    1. I agree with @lone_cat about Don Lothario. He's a sleazeball womanizer. And a woman killing him is the perfect comeuppance. >:) Vlad would be a prime target for disposal. But Caleb...no. Keep him around for certain "needs," yes, but kill him, nope, no way.

2. I have a vampire character in my Gallery/stories you can have as a victim if you want him. Look for "Keegan Connor" on my Gallery page, he's a master vamp, evil, and mean. And nuttier than a fruitcake. Watch out if you have the Vamps Can Kill and/or More Personality Please mods, he is very unpredictable. My Gallery ID is nyterose1.

3. The pacing seems just right so far. Please, please reconsider on Caleb LOL :D
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited April 2020
    @NyteRose Don Lothario is definitely added to the list! I might reconsider Caleb...
    Keegan Connor may make a good replacement. I'll keep him in mind!
    @lone_cat I'm adding Mortimer Goth, Don Lothario, and Bob Pancakes to the list. I think Elvira might like to try some seafood, so if you do have a merman, send him her way! I'm so glad you like Demetrius. He's been my favorite, too.
    @lilypadmeulin Victor Feng is added to the list. If you have a spellcaster to spare, let me know. Elvira loves the taste of magic blood in the morning. It's more refreshing than coffee!

EDIT: Just got done with the Caleb Wedding. I thought I'd just post some highlights. (Don't worry, still reconsidering!)
    fCUf8BI.png
    HuN2L0C.png
    The second shot would be more romantic, if it weren't for the giant water stain on the wall. :D
    Post edited by 15aewar on
  • Options
    @15aewar

I ended up downloading the cottagecore fanpack for my game! Your recommendation was spot on, I absolutely love this.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    @15aewar

I ended up downloading the cottagecore fanpack for my game! Your recommendation was spot on, I absolutely love this.
    I'm so glad you enjoy it, too. <3
    EDIT: Just got finished writing the latest chapter of Keeping Up with the Slayers!
    Caleb, Part Two: The Marvelous Marriage
    0TZ4XxH.png?1
  • Options
    @15aewar I am HERE for Vlad being a nuisance.
  • Options
    @15aewar So, in sticking with the spirit of Sims 3, I created my own versions of the Isla Paradiso mermen. Feel free to use them in Elvira's dungeon. You can change them to your liking (I never know how to dress my sims), there are also other versions out there if you want to use those instead. :) My id is lonecat82.
    Salty might be a good choice. I'd like to see him get his comeuppance for all the sharks he called on my sims. >:)
    eXlQad6l.png
    rkj2GNXl.png
    3NJxH7dl.png
    9mJPBhel.png
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Oh my goodness, I can't wait to play with them both - especially King Triton!
    EDIT: On an unrelated note, here's a blooper from Elvira's wedding:
    d0hvOSC.png
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @15aewar I hope they turn out okay in-game! Hopefully, the King will produce attractive/interesting mer-pires, if you decide to use him. I'm guessing that's Elvira and Dacian? Their merged faces are actually oddly attractive, IMO.
    They kind of have that androgynous, David Bowie, look going for them.
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    lone_cat wrote: »
    @15aewar I hope they turn out okay in-game! Hopefully, the King will produce attractive/interesting mer-pires, if you decide to use him. I'm guessing that's Elvira and Dacian? Their merged faces are actually oddly attractive, IMO.
    They kind of have that androgynous, David Bowie, look going for them.

Yes, it is! I just realized that those mermen were from TS3! I totally remember Triton King swimming around Isla Paradiso. So cool!

Yeah, the Dacian/Elvira combo kinda does look like David Bowie!
  • Options
    @15aewar

05-01-20_12-22-12_PM.png

Here is my spelllcaster, I hope you like him! He's been uploaded to my gallery. His name is Charles Morse, and he's got the Super Parent Aspiration (I thought you could use him to look after toddlers) and his traits are Family Oriented, Goofball, and Genius.

• Options
    @lilypadmeulin Got him! Now I've just got to build him a house in my game.
    @lone_cat I'm trying to build Triton and Salty a castle to live in.
    s7Sq1N5.png
    It's going kinda slowly. I have one bathroom and Salty's bedroom done. *sigh*
  • Options
    @lilypadmeulin I like your spellcaster, he's cute!
    @15aewar I love it! <3 That's so nice that you're creating a castle for them to live in before they meet their untimely ends. >:)
    I also uploaded Ivan to the gallery if you want to use him as a candidate. He's got that mobster thing going for him, IMO. He likes to stomp around angrily in my game and insult my sims, so he definitely makes the game more interesting. I un-CCfied him, so he's ready to go!
    9JsYGn2l.png
  • Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited May 2020
    1. You've already got some awesome additions to your list. I can't wait to see them show up. May I also suggest the highly eligible Nervous Subject: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/0EFA9718468D11E9872A795DCB646EBF Also, Markus Crow from the Rebellious Vampires crew: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CFAA9261E26211E68270CC1F570176B5

2. Totally! I nominate both Elliot and Kyle! Would I be a little sad to see them meet an untimely demise? Perhaps. But knowing Kyle, he'd probably be all, "I'm ghost now. That's cool!" (I realize Elliot isn't single by the end of the story, but he is for most of it. And plus it might be kinda fun if Miss H made an appearance...

Miss H: Are you seducing my boyfriend?
    Elivra: This guy's your boyfriend?
    Miss H: Well, I might have forgotten to mention I'm not dead.
    Elivra: Right, then. Finders keepers, lady.
    Miss H: That's fair.

Here's Kyle in his non-vamp form (if you want him turned, I can upload him):
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/980B88178BFA11E88B2BCC385454BB23

Elliot I never put up by himself, but here he is with his household from a different save (I recycle my characters a lot):
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/D55ED1227B0111E88A8D1FC8740B8A41

3. I think the pace is just fine. This is important work, after all. I wouldn't want Elivra to take it too lightly. Get those vampire offspring into shape! :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest That's awesome that Maxis made the Beaker family and Nervous Subject from Sims 2. I will have to download them myself. I didn't play a whole lot of Sims 2, but this was one of the families I remember.

I finally got around to taking screenshots, and I posted my next chapter of Supernatural Misadventures. Maybe I'll get myself back on a schedule. I'm looking forward to Chapter 7, a character from Story 1 makes an appearance. So hopefully, this will be enough of a push to get me motivated again. Okay, now I'm spoiling my own story, lol.

mDCaLA5l.png

• Options
    @katrinasforest @lone_cat Thanks so much for all the recommendations. I'm going to have to use Wheel Decide to pick out Elvira's next victim...there's too many awesome "volunteers." I can't wait to try Ivan. Thanks so much, Katrina, for offering both Kyle and Elliot! That's so generous of you! Nervous Subject will definitely make for some interesting genetic combinations. <3

Speaking of interesting genetic combinations, I'm going to throw one or two of my own into the mix. This is going to be so much fun!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    Sorry for the inactivity... I've been a little under the weather (but nothing serious.) Little treats/teasers... guess what these are for :p
    49850663382_e00bfaf4a0_z.jpg
    49850359111_2bac77eaa6_z.jpg
    (These are the bases for the outfits for a certain event, but I'll be adding my own touches, of course :) And no it's not a wedding, that's the only clue you guys get!) ;):p
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    edited May 2020
    @NyteRose Is it some kind of ball? I just can't wait! o:)

I decided to write something for the April/May MSSSC. The theme was laughter...but I think mine turned out creepy. :#
    Robina Larker
    zoLiiy2.jpg
  • Options
    @NyteRose Oh, is it the prom that Meli and Vin meet at? I can't wait to find out! :)
    @15aewar I think it has that dark kind of humor going for it. I liked it! :)
  • Options
    @15aewar

'Volunteers', lol.
  • Options
    15aewar wrote: »
    I just thought I'd post something without any context. :smile:
    DcN9UTP.png

@15aewar who is this handsome pirate, I must know!
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a great week. <3

@lilypadmeulin Welcome to the circle! I can't wait to read your works. :blush:

@NyteRose Man, I'd be so happy if those outfits were for a ball like 15aewar suggested! I love me some good galas and balls. :flushed: Haha.

@lone_cat I LOVE your new profile picture!!! Also, I'm excited to read your next chapter. :blush: AND I LOVE IVAN! I'm so glad you put him up on the gallery... he's so good. :blush:

@15aewar I think you have such a spot-on sense of humor. I really love your stuff and I think this is hilarious as heck!!

Also, for your questions:

1. So far, we've got Geoffrey Landgraab (deceased), Simeon Silversweater (deceased), Caleb Vatore (engaged), and Pink Hair Guy on the list. Which eligible bachelor would you like to see Elvira pair up with?
    Hmm, let me think about that one... of course I'm rooting first and foremost for Pink Hair Guy... I agree with previous suggestions for Don Lothario (definitely!) and the Rebellious Vampires crew. Victor Feng is a pretty good choice too, and depending on how old he is in your game, Max Villareal I'm pretty sure has the Evil trait also so he might be interesting, but of course only if he's actually aged up yet to YA, haha. Jacques Villareal would be a choice to go with because he's got the Villareal real estate and all that.

2. Would any of you be interested in seeing your sim in Elvira's cellar?
    My Sims are absolute losers who deserve that fate without doubt, so yeah, I could see, say, Tika in there. He definitely deserves to be taught a lesson. :joy: It'd be awesome to see others' Sims in there! What a lovely idea. :blush:

3. For some reason, I've spent a lot of time on raising the Slayer brood. Is the pace too slow, or should I pick things up a bit?
    I personally play very slowly too, so I don't mind much at all. I think having a slower pace allows for the story to evolve at a much more realistic pace, and I personally am a fan of that. It also allows for more little details which I am a fan of! So I would personally say, don't pick things up and just play it at whatever rate feels best for you personally. :blush:

I published some new chapters... totally forgot the last ones I shared on here but I'm now at chapter 59:

59. Sine Te

YsNTL9us.png23NwYvSs.pngXw3RHlos.png

My Season 4 was a long one, but it's close to being finished now! Today I'll hopefully be publishing chapter 60, and that serves as the beginning for the last portion of Season 4. :blush:
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png