Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

Comments

• 15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    Thanks, @Firande ! I'll definitely add Tika. (He's the alien, right?)
    Okay, here's the list of Dungeon Volunteers (so far):
    • Victor Feng (x2)
    • Mortimer Goth
    • Don Lothario (x3)
    • Pink Hair Guy (x2)
    • Bob Pancakes
    • Triton King
    • Salty Seaworth
    • Ivan Redroom
    • Nervous Subject
    • Markus Crow (x2)
    • Elliot Marshall
    • Kyle Morone
    • Tika
    • Charles Morse
    • Ephraim Waite (One of mine)
    • ? (Also mine)
    • ?? (Also also mine)
    • ??? (Triple also mine)
    With that done, here's the latest chapter of Keeping Up with the Slayers!
    Caleb, Part Three: Orange Juice Drinker
    AmI8bb7.png
  • NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    edited May 2020
    @15aewar Link to another "victim" if you want him >:)
    Felipe Hernandez - Spellcaster/ Spellcraft and Socerery. Traits: Hates Children, Outgoing, Romantic

It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • lone_catlone_cat Posts: 417 Member
    @Firande Thank you! :) I was getting tired of looking at my last picture, so I downloaded some poses with cats and decided to pose Hailey with my cat. Hehe, I'm glad you offered Tika! I could totally see him being lured in by the promise of expanding his alien brood.

@15aewar This is an awesome list. I can't wait to see who gets selected next!
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @15aewar Oo, Tika would be awesome to see, too! This is quite the list you've got!

I've got a bunch of stuff I need to get done today, so I'm saving the Caleb chapter for my self-reward afterwards. ^_^

@NyteRose, you're up this week. Anything in particular you want to chat about?
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    @katrinasforest @Firande @15aewar @lone_cat @lilypadmeulin I'm curious about everyone's theories about how some events may go down so...

1. Chapter 4 left off with Vin confronting Moira. Will he be smart and not rush into battle without knowing the situation or will he let his emotions overwhelm logic and provoke something he can't fight/talk his way out of?
    2. Any theories why the coven is so insistent that Vin is the one to marry Meli?
    3. How do you think the initial meeting at Meli's prom went?
    4. It's inevitable Meli and Vin will meet up again somehow (this has been hinted at.) How do you think that meeting will pan out?
    5. Any theories as to what Meli and Vin's relationship will be like?
    1. Chapter 4 left off with Vin confronting Moira. Will he be smart and not rush into battle without knowing the situation or will he let his emotions overwhelm logic and provoke something he can't fight/talk his way out of?
    From what I've seen of Vin, I think he's kinda hot-headed. I vote for the second option!
    3. Any theories why the coven is so insistent that Vin is the one to marry Meli?
    I imagine it's for some kind of protection. I think the witches and the vampires are trying to form (or strengthen) an alliance.
    5. How do you think the initial meeting at Meli's prom went?
    I think it must have been magical.
    7. It's inevitable Meli and Vin will meet up again somehow (this has been hinted at.) How do you think that meeting will pan out?
    I'm not really sure. I know they like each other, but will the whole "arranged marriage" thing continue to be a sticking point? Will something happen between the vampires and the witches that will make the alliance plan fall through? There's so many things that could happen!
    8. Any theories as to what Meli and Vin's relationship will be like?
    They seem to be made for each other. <3
    @15aewar Vin is a hot-head, that temper will get him into trouble if he's not careful. But he loves playing the bad boy and pis*** people off. Still, watch that fiery temper!
    2. It's not for protection. It's purely because of his lineage, and I can't say much more without spoiling things. ;)
    3. Long-haired, Gothed-out Vin... and Meli loves her goth boys <3 (he had long hair even in day form at this time.)
    4. They do remember each other... and sure aren't happy about seeing each other again, at first.
    5. All I'll say is DRAMA! ;):p
    @NyteRose Answers to your questions. :)

I think he will calm down enough to talk to Moira and hear what she has to say, but I think that if something provokes him, he won't hold back his emotions and may start something. I guess it depends on what Moira says.

2. Any theories why the coven is so insistent that Vin is the one to marry Meli?
    I'm guessing it has something to do with who Vin is, his family maybe? Maybe there was an old pact between his family and the coven.

I think that Meli was probably attracted to Vin, but then he mysteriously disappeared after the prom. Vin, I'm guessing was either indifferent or irritated by the situation. Maybe he is attracted to Meli, but he also is against the arranged marriage.

4. It's inevitable Meli and Vin will meet up again somehow (this has been hinted at.) How do you think that meeting will pan out?
    I think Meli's sister will find Vin's address, and Meli will go there uninvited. Vin won't be happy and they will probably have a verbal argument at first. They walk away, both of them mad at the situation, but something pushes them together eventually. I think they make amends and admit that they have feelings for one another at some point.

I think it will be tumultuous at first because of the whole arranged marriage thing. Also, Meli is a witch and Vin is a vampire and they might not see eye to eye on things. Meli is also pretty young compared to Vin (if I remember correctly), so I could see there being some differences in opinions in that regard. I do think that they are attracted to one another/ have feelings for one another and I think eventually they will become a couple, but I'm guessing it won't be easy at first.
    @lone_cat Vin has Vlad's temper, lol. But with everything he's been through, a bad temper/instability is expected.
    2. Right track but no spoilers :p
    3. There was an attraction between Meli and Vin. She didn't know it was a set up, and he didn't want to be there in the first place.
    4. Not at his apartment (he's way too cautious for that) but at a neutral location. Drama ensues.
    5. Vin is 320 years old (born 1719 and turned 1745 shortly after his 26th birthday.) Meli is 21. So yeah, there's quite the age gap between them. Pretending to hate each other is easy to do, at first, but deep down these two really do care for one another.
  • lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    @NyteRose

Definitely the emotional one! He's not done anything rational in this last chapter.

Strong bloodlines!

Probably like a fairytale, which then turned sour when he vanished.

Probably with a lot of emotion, accusations, and Meli trying not to let her feelings for 'Orpheus' clash.

Oh, turbulent, but lots of love!
    @15aewar this is pushing me to want to do a 100 baby challenge myself....I really enjoyed this chapter, and I'm really enjoying watching the babies grow!
    Chapter 6 of Not So Charmed is here!
    The right colors/hairstyle do wonders!
    Arahi
    49867987722_b781f0929a_z.jpg
    NyteRose wrote: »
    The right colors/hairstyle do wonders!
    Arahi
    49867987722_b781f0929a_z.jpg

She looks AWESOME.
    @15aewar Another good chapter. I agree with @lilypadmeulin , it's fun to watch the kids grow up.

@lilypadmeulin I am all caught up with your story. :) I'm liking it so far, Maranda is an interesting girl, and I can't wait to see what happens next.

@NyteRose Very nice!

I'm having a bummer sims day. My game decided to crash last night and crash my graphic drivers (it's probably my own fault for having too much CC, lol). So today is being spent reinstalling the game and my drivers. :( So no update on Supernatural Misadventures. And I just saw the new game expansion, and I'm really not excited about it. I've never felt that way about any of the expansions so far. I'm hoping that it is better than what I am expecting.
    @lone_cat Thank you! I need to write the next chapter soon!
  • FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    edited May 2020
    Hey everyone! Hope you've all been having a nice week so far. :blush:

First off, @lilypadmeulin, you should totally go through with that 100 Baby Challenge if you want to. I've been enjoying @15aewar's so much and I already know I'd love to follow yours too!
    Also, I finally got started on your story and I am LOVING it so far!! :blush:

As for mine, mine is super long and daunting, so I'd fully understand if you'd wanna like, start instead at Chapter 59, which basically introduces many of the upcoming storylines so you'd get the gist of what's gonna happen from that point on, or if you do want the full scoop but (understandingly) don't feel up to reading the WHOLE thing, you could start at Season 4 too, which starts at Chapter 40!

@lone_cat Man, I'm so sorry to hear that about your bummer Sims experience. It always sucks when the Sims decides to crash, especially when it crashes the entire graphic drivers. :scream: I hope you didn't lose TOO much progress.
    I also had one of those days the other day. Tika is in the Acting career, and it's been broken since November last year at the very least. The gig prep tasks used to be broken and I was SO happy when it was reported as fixed in like, February only for it to still be broken. Then in April it was AGAIN reported as fixed so I dared be happy again, only to be disappointed even more because now the entire career is broken and if you have any loading screens at all in between getting a gig and the gig itself (so also CAS, closing the game, and traveling anywhere) you can't go to the gig anymore, so that has had me SO down. I once again had to get a MOD to fix the game's problems because whenever the devs fix something it seems inevitable that they break something else even worse, and I'm getting tired of it at this point.

Also, same on the EP. I don't buy packs at launch much anyway, but I felt more excitement for previous packs than this one. Frankly, the only thing I'm actually looking forward to with this EP would be to do exactly the opposite of what they want me to do and to hopefully create some kind of cool post-apocalyptic wasteland. :joy:

@NyteRose Sorry for being once again kind of late with these, but here are my answers!

I'm afraid he might let his emotions overwhelm him, actually. He doesn't always come across as the most composed dude... actually, I kind of recognize myself in him in that regard, and I'd definitely be the type to NOT think before I speak/jump to action here and so I can definitely see him going there too and it biting him in the a%^%!

I would guess that maybe, Vin has some kind of importance to his name? It brings me to like, earlier times (and what still happens to this day too, haha) where marriages were decided purely on how esteemed and important the other's name (bloodline) was. Considering the title of the story, it could very well deal with that. ^^

I could see there just being this kind of immediate chemistry and attraction, like when you feel super strongly drawn to a person immediately... and Meli feeling that for our good ol' Vin, who, of course, is quite irresistible at any rate so who can blame her, haha.

Oh, man. Passionately, I think. :sweat_smile: There will be lots of emotion and I think things initially will not be pretty... but then I feel once they get over the initial fighting "s%%$ you!!" kind of phase, that initial immediate attraction and unresolved chemistry will come right back and make things all that more difficult for the two...

This is pretty much in line with my answer to question 4: passionate. Maybe even turbulent, especially at first. I could see them thriving on their chemistry and attraction while there may be some issues with, say, the more rational side of things. I could see them both being very emotional and so getting into this very passionate, emotionally-based relationship.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
    @Firande

I ended up starting a Mermaid Bachelorette challenge! I'm going to take submissions for contestants until May 20th or until I have enough. Both my current contestants look really interesting and I'm itching to get started. I used to read PrincessSimcess' Royal Bachelor/Bachelorette series (I submitted Leon) but I'm debating whether having a 'host' character would be too close to her wonderful idea, because I very much respect her as a SimLit author and don't want to rip her off. I do want to do a 100 Baby Challenge, but maybe when I'm done with the Mermaid Bachelorette...

I'm looking forward to bingeing your story though!
    @lilypadmeulin @Firande Sorry for the late reply, one of my cats was ill, and that kept me busy (she's much better now.) You are both on the right track! Vin is very complicated, highly emotional, unpredictable, and of course, irresistible. ;) He has his flaws, but he has his strengths too. Once he does open up and gives his heart to someone, Vin loves deeply, passionately, and selflessly.
    NyteRose wrote: »
    @lilypadmeulin @Firande Sorry for the late reply, one of my cats was ill, and that kept me busy (she's much better now.) You are both on the right track! Vin is very complicated, highly emotional, unpredictable, and of course, irresistible. ;) He has his flaws, but he has his strengths too. Once he does open up and gives his heart to someone, Vin loves deeply, passionately, and selflessly.

I'm so glad your cat is feeling better. I hate it when my dog is sick.
    @Firande That's a bummer with the acting career. I don't play that career very much, but I do remember having some glitchiness a few months ago, I thought it might be a mod issue. I completely agree with you on EP's, I usually wait a while to buy them. That's the first thing I thought when I saw the new EP video, I was like well, I can create a post-apocalyptic world with zombies. Completely not what the EP was intended for, lol. :D

@lilypadmeulin I will have to check out your mermaid bachelorette. :) I give props to anyone that can complete a 100 baby challenge, I get way too stressed out with toddlers (they are deceptively adorable though). I would probably get to ten kids and rage quit, lol.

@NyteRose Glad, your cat is feeling better. :)
  • katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    @NyteRose Aww, I'm happy to hear your kitty is okay. :)

@Firande I've got a mermaid in the acting career right now. I know there's a mod that fixed it for me. I'll look it up and post the link. (I avoided mods for a while, but this one kinda makes the game for me.)

@NyteRose I've also started using CC, so I can't wait to try some of the ones you've recommended. ^_^ Here's my replies to your questions:

So, I went back and re-read the second half of the chapter to refresh myself, and I've gotta say, his emotions are already pretty high right now. Understandably so, of course. But unless he has a sudden moment of clarity, I think they can easily overwhelm his logic, for sure. I don't think he's in a good position to see what sorts of threats might be on the horizon for him.  For the moment, he seems very focused in the present.

I think it's got to be something about the two of them together that will make one of both of them much more powerful than they are as individuals. No theories on the specifics, but no way the coven is working that hard without a good reason. 

I bet it was amazing! There was probably a certain innocence to it that's going to be absent from future meetings, since the truth is out about Vin's identity. 

I'm guessing it will be pretty tense and uncomfortable. They clicked well before, but now there's a lot more getting in the way of their relationship. You can't take back learning information about somebody, as much as you might wish you could. 

I'm hopeful they'll be able to get honest with each other--about how they felt before and about how they feel now. I think things will be rough with them, but I also think they'll be able to work through it together. 

We're chatting @lilypadmeulin's Not So Charmed this week. I'll try my best to not be so quiet. I've been pretty involved with my quest for a literary agent lately. ^_^;;
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
    We're chatting @lilypadmeulin's Not So Charmed this week. I'll try my best to not be so quiet. I've been pretty involved with my quest for a literary agent lately. ^_^;;

Congratulations! I hope you find a good one. :)
    I can't wait to dive into questions about Not So Charmed. It's a really good story. <3
    1. Who's your favourite of the Charm kids?
    2. What are your predictions for the Gemma storyline?
    3. With regards to the Ember twins, what's your view of Ciara? Do you think she's misunderstood, or not?
    4. If you had to pick someone to 'inherit' the magical responsibility, who would it be?
    5. What's your view of Emilia?