Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Phantasmal Reading Circle III: Newness Returns!

1192021222325...Next

Comments

• Options
    katrinasforestkatrinasforest Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited January 2021
    @NyteRose I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the community again. That really stinks*. I hope your health improves and when you're feeling up to it, I hope you'll take up writing again. Even if it's just for you. (YMMV, but in my experience, sometimes writing just for me is the only thing that helps when I get burnt out.) Please take care!

*Wanted to use a stronger word, but...Sims forums. >.<
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    lilypadmeulinlilypadmeulin Posts: 1,655 Member
    Hey everyone,

My last computer finally gave up the ghost (it was so bad I didn't dare run Sims on it anymore) and until I can recover those files, everything is on pause. I do have a good idea for a new story, so if I set that up, would I be allowed to put it into rotation?
  • Options
    @NyteRose

I'm so sorry to hear this. Big hugs and best wishes.
  • Options
    Hi, @lilypadmeulin You're welcome to post your story whenever you like. We've kind of moved into a less routine-based system. Basically, whenever you have new material, post it here and we'll chat about it. And if two people in the circle happen to post updates at the same time, no problem. We'll just take turns.

Hope you're going well. :)
    Watch me mash together Sims and Pokémon to tell a story about battling glitches in Penny Saves Paldea. Updated every other Thursday.
  • Options
    @katrinasforest

I'm doing okay! I've been working on the seeds of a story, called Three of Hearts!

Chapter 1.1

I've also got a legacy challenge going, but not in story form!
  • Options
    FirandeFirande Posts: 816 Member
    @NyteRose I'm really sorry to hear about your troubles with the community... I hope you find the rest you deserve and can find the inspiration to do writing again at some point, it'd be such a waste of your immense creativity otherwise. Wishing you all the best. <3

@lilypadmeulin Sounds like you have some fun things going there! I will be reading the chapter of your new story very soon, and can't wait! Also, how far along are you in your legacy challenge? :blush: I always love hearing about others' legacies, haha. I'm currently at, say, Generation 3/4, and that's after more than two irl years of playing lol. In my defense... I do play on long lifespan. :joy:

@katrinasforest I am so sorry for the incredibly delayed response on your new chapter. I found a new job and man, it's been hard dividing my time and finding enough spare time for Sims and Sims stuff... but I'm hoping to be more active soon! I started with full-time weeks but I hate working full-time, so I should hopefully have me some more time by next week (and this week as well). I finally got to read your chapter, and as always (no surprise there), I absolutely love it. The children are such characters, they're so feisty and just entirely up my alley, especially Belle. I also left a comment on your blog, but the forums are better for questions and the like... so my questions for you are:
    1) Out of curiosity (and excuse me if I already asked, my brain has been so muddled of late), what lifespan are you using for this story in particular? Will the kids be aging, or will they just say these rambunctious, feisty kids over the course of the story?

2) How do you think the kids feel about their new address, overall? They seem pretty happy with a lot of things but are definitely starting to find out some cons (like not getting to have hot, freshly-made dinner).. are they still counting themselves lucky or are they realizing they may not have the bestest new address?

3) Do you plan the amount of chapters your stories will have out beforehand, or have an approximation, or do you just play and write things out and just figure things out along the way?

Again, I am so here for this story... I LOVE child protagonists, they're just so fun and add a fresh comedic element to your stories. You being as great with humor as you are, it's lovely to see this written by you.
    Origin ID: Fierande | Simlit | Tumblr

fgQIHTb.png
  • Options
    @Firande Don't apologize! The whole point of the new format was to give everyone more leeway in terms of responding. :)

1) I'm using normal lifespan, but I'm open to switching it to long if it's taking longer than I expect for the kids to finish one of their aspirations. I want to get each of them to finish at least one before they age into teens.

2) I think it's kind of a roller coaster of emotions for them. The huge house is great...but it's also creepy. Having the freedom to do whatever they want is great...until there are consequences for not doing what they should. I think Belle is especially determined to work this in her favor, even if there are some bumps along the way.

3) I'm currently still writing events that have happened as I've played this challenge with my kids, although admittedly trying to add a bit more logic and story continuity, instead of one completely crazy event after another. I guess if I catch up to our gameplay and still want to put out something new, I'll start making things up from there. :)

Thanks for the fun questions, and I'm glad you're enjoying the story!
  • Options
    @Firande

Still on Gen 1, and early on, because I just started it, and yet I'm having a lot of fun! I've got two potential heirs and I just love playing it. I'll be updating Three of Hearts soon, and you'll get to meet one of the more important characters. She's the mother of the first character I came up with.

Nia, who's my new profile pic and my legacy founder, was still in my gallery, and WAY too cute not to use for the Legacy Challenge. I might put her in Three of Hearts as an Easter Egg character at some point!
  • Options
    NyteRoseNyteRose Posts: 1,672 Member
    After much thinking and with a heavy heart, I have deleted my blog.
    The general disappointment with the community, lack of readers, lack of acceptance for dark, mature-themed occult material, and other issues contribute to my decision. Thank you for the support and reading, and I’m sorry it ended this way.
    It can't rain all the time- Eric Draven, The Crow
  • Options
    I'm sorry to hear that @NyteRose. There are audiences out there for just about everything, even if they're not within the Sims community. Putting your work out there and finding them is really difficult. I hope you keep writing, even if it's just for your own satisfaction while your blog is offline.