Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Simsandra wrote: »
    They can't give everything for free, thats a greedy way of thinking, in my opinion.

No game company does that, even Blizzard is charging people money for playing world of warcraft classic and the people pay for it

They won't be giving everything away for free... we already paid for these packs. They're simply touching them up in this hypothetical scenario. It wasn't free.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Yes they finished it even. So yes, I still expect free bugfixes but new content is new work, they need more resources, it has to be planned etc. So I would pay for it.

This is just how it works and I prefer it this way over having micro transactions.
  • Options
    Yes they finished it even. So yes, I still expect free bugfixes but new content is new work, they need more resources, it has to be planned etc. So I would pay for it.

This is just how it works and I prefer it this way over having micro transactions.

If we're getting a stuff pack for every expansion pack, it IS going to become a constant exchange of micro transactions...

Maybe YOU prefer it that way, but many of us don't... as I said many times before, not all of us are willing to just throw away our money like that. We don't all have the privilege to do that.

Also, they already mentioned patching up previous packs with new content/features, so creating DLC for DLC would be a huge punch in the face and would only prove my point.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    If they aleady said they will patch old packs, cool, I am fine with that 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have seen/ heard/ read somewhere (I don't know where, but maybe I can find it) that my first pet stuff sold very well.

About a year ago the Executive Producer revealed in a tweet a list of stuff packs ranked by how many people that used them in the first year they were released. My First Pet Stuff was number 4.
    So a lot of people bought it and played it, I'm not sure how they track it.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I'm willing to bet most people who are praising 'Tiny Living' have only played Sims 4... and maybe Sims 3 (but towards the end). They're likely teenagers who don't mind spending the $10 for a Murphy bed because it's either not even their money in the first place (their parents buy it for them) or they have Birthday and Christmas money leftover that they can spend without a care in the world (because they have no bills, payments, etc). So $10 is just throw away money for them.

Either that, or they're extremely rich and privileged to the point where, again, $10 is money they can just throw away. This also applies to the developers who create these ridiculous cash grab packs as well... their salaries are likely extremely high, so they couldn't care less about charging the players $10 for a bed. It's barely even pocket change for them.

By all means complain about the pack, but why make it personal and comment about other simmers/the devs? Peoples financial state has got nothing to do with anyone else and whether they are fairly new to the sims or been here since the beginning is neither here nor there.
  • Options
    logion wrote: »
    I have seen/ heard/ read somewhere (I don't know where, but maybe I can find it) that my first pet stuff sold very well.

About a year ago the Executive Producer revealed in a tweet a list of stuff packs ranked by how many people that used them in the first year they were released. My First Pet Stuff was number 4.
    So a lot of people bought it and played it, I'm not sure how they track it.

They must be really desperate to make people think 'My First Pet' was actually good... lol Instead of just admitting that it was a horrible idea from the beginning, they just keep digging themselves deeper and deeper into a pit of lies and denial.

I can guarantee you that 'My First Pet' isn't that popular... lol There's no way it legitimately made #4.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Actually I know a lot of console players who are waiting for it. Peoples tastes are different.
    But I actually wonder why you play games designed by liars and you actively support them with your money. Also this whole thread would not exist, if they announced a pack you actually liked.
  • Options
    MysticalSimmerMysticalSimmer Posts: 160 Member
    As far as stuff packs go I don't think this is the most inventive pack and I do wish they would have done more with it.

For example, the positives of a tiny home seem too good. You get an increase in relationships but this doesn't seem true to real life. In reality, if you are in a really small space with someone, you are going to feel a strain on that relationship.

Some things I think are nice about this pack (just to put in perspective)

1) Yes, you have always been able to build tiny homes but it is cool to have a dedicated lot type that actually impacts gameplay. I think it's cool they did a tier list. So you have micro home, tiny home, and small home. The benefits are different for each. It makes it a challenge! If you want those extra benefits, you gotta make a micro home.

2) I think the bill reduction is really nice and the fact that the cozy buff is a thing is cute. Small spaces make me feel nice.

3) I know some people don't care about CAS. There is the argument that you can just download CC, but some people try to keep their game vanilla. I think the CAS items in this pack are terrific. There aren't many but they are all things I would use in my game.

4) The items are really nice and really useful.

Idk, I'm buying it.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Okay so this thread has completely run it's course and has become less about providing feedback on tiny living and more about discussing the merits of previous packs or games and having arguments with each other which I've quite frankly said enough about in the other threads where it has happened. I've removed all off topic and inappropriate posts and will be locking this thread up.

Thank you to everyone who discussed the topic and kept it appropriate.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top