Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

Comments

• InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Thats why Im waiting for a sale to hit it. Honestly there was nothing stopping anybody from building a tiny house in BG already. I feel as though they took some already existing concept in the game and wondered how they could get us to pay for it again. Im not impressed. And a Murphy bed as a main selling point is not impressive either. I wont be in a hurry to buy anytime soon.
  • PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    edited January 2020
    not true. there are other items in this pack that fit the tiny living theme. the new lot type brings a new challenge to the game and i happen to think it's a really cool idea. also, it is a stuff pack.. they have never added a lot of new gameplay items in stuff packs so i don't see why they would do it now and why you'd expect tem to. stuff packs in previous games didn't have any gameplay items and they were twice as expensive. if you don't like stuff packs save your 10$ for a game pack or an expansion pack. [Removed - CM].
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I burn through ten dollars easy so the price doesn’t really bother me. I do agree it’s probably just a money grab because not much is really given in this pack. But I sort of look at it from a gameplay perspective to building. I don’t like to do actual gameplay of challenges (my sims are not meant for a basic life) but I like the concept behind the challenges that gives me reasons to build let’s say an eco friendly home or a lavish castle. Sure I can easily download a free mod that provides the lot traits offered in this pack -but if you prefer not to go that route, the lot traits offered in the pack is quite good. I love my mods and cc now 😂 but any time I can get something EA approved I do.

My only concern is if EA means to have tiny lot sizes or just tiny homes. I do not want small lot sizes to start becoming a thing when there are so very few big lots. I can handled the building structure to actually be small but I do need to be able to build in all the space available for scenery purposes
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @JurnéEnds This makes it seem like it's really the build, not the lot it's on:

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AmandaBeuryAmandaBeury Posts: 12 New Member
    I was honestly hoping for bunk beds for the college expansion (because it's honestly realistic), but no. I swear, and hope beyond hope that SOON we get bunk beds and spiral staircases.
    Also, with university, how dare the roommates demand reasonable living quarters! TS3 they never complained. lol
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    So they saved Murphy Bed ( that was mostly an object for University pack ) for another pack, I guess Maxis is the new EA now since EA have been trying to redeem itself with Star Wars series.
    EA did nothing for Star Wars, Respawn Entertainment did.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Wow the Sims series has really lost its soul. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I feel this should have been a free patch. It really doesn't seem to offer much new. We can already build tiny homes. Just give us the new lot trait and furniture for free. There are so many highly requested things I think would have been more well suited for a stuff pack.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited January 2020
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Oh it has lost it a while...they keep beating this dead horse of a game called TS4..
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Oh it has lost it a while...they keep beating this dead horse of a game called TS4..

I think Sims 4 is the best Sims game yet and I have also played Sims 2 and Sims 3 in the past.

The Sims 2 was good but I’m not going back. It is so ugly to look at now.

The Sims 3 was really good in the beginning but there was already too many bugs after the release of Sims 3 Pets.

Sims 4 has much fewer bugs than Sims 3, the graphic is better, the stuff is better, it can be played on console witch makes it accessible for more people who can’t afford a gaming pc....

The game can be better of course and I hope for a competitive game but as for now I’m still overall positive.
  • narusenaruse Posts: 1 New Member
    > @M1ss_Plumbum said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > I think Sims 4 is the best Sims game yet and I have also played Sims 2 and Sims 3 in the past.
    >
    > The Sims 2 was good but I’m not going back. It is so ugly to look at now.
    >
    > The Sims 3 was really good in the beginning but there was already too many bugs after the release of Sims 3 Pets.
    >
    > Sims 4 has much fewer bugs than Sims 3, the graphic is better, the stuff is better, it can be played on console witch makes it accessible for more people who can’t afford a gaming pc....
    >
    > The game can be better of course and I hope for a competitive game but as for now I’m still overall positive.

We have Paralives to look forward to as a competitor, I suppose. Though it's too early to tell whether it'll be "better" or not.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Tiny Living should have been about downsizing everything currently in the game so it will fit into smaller homes built on smaller lots. I don't understand what we should be excited about if we're stuck with massive, cartoonish items we have to place in parks so our Sims can use them. A game pack for this concept makes better sense than a stuff pack. I would never use that Murphy bed even if I bought this stuff pack. It's huge, and will limit the player's view of the room even with the walls down. If it wasn't tested with all the packs installed, there's no telling how it will play out when it's in the game. And that seems to happen a lot with new features. It's part of the reason why pack features often conflict with one another, and we end up with more glitches and bugs. Has it been tested with pets and toddlers is my main concern.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited January 2020
    Keep in mind this pack also comes with new cas items clothes,hairs and even new glasses. Their adding turtlenecks something we need.
  • Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    To me, this pack is just EA saying, 'These people will buy anything we release so let's release a useless pack full of rubbish, they'll buy it and we'l get more money off them'.
    The only way to get better packs for our game is to not buy the rubbish they are ripping us off with, they'll soon start giving us quality and value for our money when we hit them in the pocket and it'll be a change from them hitting us in our pockets.
    If we keep buying and paying for the rubbish they are giving us then they will just keep giving us rubbish.. The only way to get the packs and what we want is to stop buying their stuff until they release stuff worth our money.
    This new stuff pack is an insult to all us simmers..
    While what you are saying makes sense in theory, the problem is EA would just scrap the game altogether if it stopped selling. There is also the likelihood that they would cut the budget/department for any type of pack that no longer sold well.. they have us up against a wall and they know it.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    mock68 wrote: »
    To me, this pack is just EA saying, 'These people will buy anything we release so let's release a useless pack full of rubbish, they'll buy it and we'l get more money off them'.
    The only way to get better packs for our game is to not buy the rubbish they are ripping us off with, they'll soon start giving us quality and value for our money when we hit them in the pocket and it'll be a change from them hitting us in our pockets.
    If we keep buying and paying for the rubbish they are giving us then they will just keep giving us rubbish.. The only way to get the packs and what we want is to stop buying their stuff until they release stuff worth our money.
    This new stuff pack is an insult to all us simmers..

My First Pet Stuff is proof that they can sell simmers anything and they know it. Sure, some fans will grumble but as they are entering in their bank details at the same time EA don’t really care and have the green light to continue doing stuff like this.
  • LuxuryLuxury Posts: 127 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Tiny Living should have been about downsizing everything currently in the game so it will fit into smaller homes built on smaller lots. I don't understand what we should be excited about if we're stuck with massive, cartoonish items we have to place in parks so our Sims can use them. A game pack for this concept makes better sense than a stuff pack. I would never use that Murphy bed even if I bought this stuff pack. It's huge, and will limit the player's view of the room even with the walls down. If it wasn't tested with all the packs installed, there's no telling how it will play out when it's in the game. And that seems to happen a lot with new features. It's part of the reason why pack features often conflict with one another, and we end up with more glitches and bugs. Has it been tested with pets and toddlers is my main concern.

This may not be popular opinion but I honestly would be okay if this pack was this. It makes no sense that theres no small telescope, and it makes even less sense that ROM had no smaller cauldron.

I'm going to save my judgment on the murphy bed since I want to see if any of the swatches are usable to me, this pack's concept had so much potential than just "Murphy Bed: The Pack"

(Side note, the guru's saying that bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack is so wild to me, like wHAT)
  • CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Luxury wrote: »

This may not be popular opinion but I honestly would be okay if this pack was this. It makes no sense that theres no small telescope, and it makes even less sense that ROM had no smaller cauldron.

I'm going to save my judgment on the murphy bed since I want to see if any of the swatches are usable to me, this pack's concept had so much potential than just "Murphy Bed: The Pack"

(Side note, the guru's saying that bunk beds are too big for a stuff pack is so wild to me, like wHAT)

Me too. I would love a telescope that takes up 1 tile and a table top microscope would be cool, and let them be used by children all the way to elders. I would pay for that kind of "tiny" living. This one we can do it already without the pack and have been doing for years, the gallery is filled with tiny homes. :/
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    I mainly buy stuff pack for the stuff not for the gameplay object and I really like the stuff in this pack. I mean really like it. I will definitely be using those items in my game although it may not not necessarily be for tiny homes (I'm planning on updating some of the smaller apartment with the furniture from this pack).

Yes, I would have liked bunk beds or ladders but I wondering whether they will come in a patch. There is precedent for EA adding a much requested item in the patch just before the release of a related pack. For example dishwashers came in the Cool Kitchen pre-release patch.
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Keep in mind this pack also comes with new cas items clothes,hairs and even new glasses. Their adding turtlenecks something we need.

Oh? And? Doesn't sound interesting for me...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • StevieJohn88StevieJohn88 Posts: 181 Member
    I like the look of the new objects, I do find the theme to be a bit odd though. Most likely because small lots or builds doesn't appeal to me personally. Glad so many others seem happy about it.
  • gothprincess4evergothprincess4ever Posts: 2,130 Member
    @KaeChan2089 And don't forget the fact knitting is in the DU expansion as one of the ways Sims can deface statues belonging to the rival college. That was revealed in a screenshot before DU was released. So, yeah, the entire voting thing feels off. I resent the fact EA believes we don't notice these details, or know not to believe everything the gurus tell us. This newest stuff pack will be the fourth pack that won't make it on my list of future purchases. There is free CC out there that is so close to what is in this pack, I see no need to buy Tiny Houses at all. And that Murphy Bed? Count on that having a high probability push attached to it so your Sims being killed, maimed, tired the next day, or having a negative moodlet will happen ALL the time. Once in a while would be amusing, but given the way these things are done by the teams, it will need a tuning mod to stop it from becoming a constant annoyance. Just one more way for the game engine to control your game is how I see it.

This is really insightful and got me thinking about the voting as the references are too many to ignore. I will most probably buy the pack, but it's getting more and more difficult for the trust to remain.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top