Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is this seriously the best EA can do at this point!? ('Tiny Living' RANT)...

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This is the very first stuff pack I have been exited for. Period. Rant away, I will buy this on release. I am looking way more forward to this than Strangerville.

That's sad... lol Just saying.

We've gotten several stuff packs in the past that brought us ice cream makers, bowling alleys, home theaters, backyard water slides, puppet theaters, hot tubs, etc... and THIS is the one that you're excited for? lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    I like the concept of this pack, but it brings too little new to the table for me to purchase it. I never had the Murphy bed in either TS2 or TS3 (had most packs, but missed TS2 Apartments and TS3 Uni), so this object has no value to me. And - although I know adding many new general objects won't slow down my game, the catalog is too packed already to make me run for more dining chairs and end tables. I love small homes, but I don't see how the content of this pack will actually add anything to tiny living. Might be a good pack content wise for those who want more objects, they don't look bad at all.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    This is the very first stuff pack I have been exited for. Period. Rant away, I will buy this on release. I am looking way more forward to this than Strangerville.

We've gotten several stuff packs in the past that brought us ice cream makers, bowling alleys, home theaters, backyard water slides, puppet theaters, hot tubs, etc... and THIS is the one that you're excited for? lol

I don’t know what your problem is, but it’s clear you have some issues. It’s NOT sad nor disturbing that someone could possibly like something you don’t. All your posts have been nothing but negative towards people.

I simply don't understand why someone would be excited to pay $10 for a bed in The Sims... lol
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I don’t know what your problem is, but it’s clear you have some issues. It’s NOT sad nor disturbing that someone could possibly like something you don’t. All your posts have been nothing but negative towards people.

I simply don't understand why someone would be excited to pay $10 for a bed in The Sims... lol

For me, it's not about paying $10 for a bed. It's the whole concept. Combining items like tv/stereos/bookshelves in to one usable unit.

I hate the big 30x40, 50 x 50 and 64x64 lots. I rarely use them aside from parks or community lots. My favs are 30x20 and smaller for sim living.
    This pack allows me to utilize those smaller lots much better.

It's not about the object for me. It's about how well it fits with my play style. And this does....very well.

Don't mind them, they don't like us to voice our concern....when you and I can see through the bull plum EA is pulling...

The biggest concern is, and should be, the sims and their personalities and the lack thereof.

We have the ability to create the most diverse world of sims we have EVER been able to create ( in terms of how they look). The issue is that no matter what we do in CAS, they all end up feeling the same, playing the same, and the "uniqueness" we try to give them in CAS never transfers over to "live" mode.

• KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Don't mind them, they don't like us to voice our concern....when you and I can see through the bull plum EA is pulling...

The biggest concern is, and should be, the sims and their personalities and the lack thereof.

We have the ability to create the most diverse world of sims we have EVER been able to create ( in terms of how they look). The issue is that no matter what we do in CAS, they all end up feeling the same, playing the same, and the "uniqueness" we try to give them in CAS never transfers over to "live" mode.

Couldn't agree more...it's a shame really.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

And that’s perfectly fine, but degrading people by calling them names is not.

@KaeChan2089 And you, this has nothing to do with voicing concerns. You can do so without the name calling...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Couldn't agree more...it's a shame really.

So we have to choose our "battles". Complaining about objects and additions and what we don't want for our own games is not the way. The sims community of players are as diverse as a player community can get. And that's because of the sandbox nature of the game. We all want what enhances OUR sandbox in terms of add on content.

But the biggest issue that we have to all agree on is the lack of diverse sim personalities and how they play out in live mode. Of course, those that only play one household never see this. They wouldn't. But those of us that build our worlds from the sims up to the lots and the entirety of the whole game we play, it's quite obvious.

It requires more depth than coded animations that pretend to be doing what sims 2 did in the underlying core base of it's game.
    edited January 2020

@KaeChan2089 And you, this has nothing to do with voicing concerns. You can do so without the name calling...

Well you clearly jumped all over Lustianicia that is in a thread that is clearly a rant...like so what if they have a problem with them finding it disappointing or crazy that someone is so thrilled for a stuff pack that Lustianicia is clearly not...they have a right to an opinion even if it's not agreeing with yours.

Also they didn't even call anyone names?! Where in the WORLD are you getting that?!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

Well you clearly jumped all over Lustianicia that is in a thread that is clearly a rant...like so what if they have a problem with them finding it disappointing or crazy that someone is so thrilled for a stuff pack that Lustianicia is clearly not...they have a right to an opinion even if it's not agreeing with yours.

Also they didn't even call anyone names?! Where in the WORLD are you getting that?!

She called them sad and in another thread she called them disturbing that they could possibly like this pack. That’s calling people names. I would hate to come in this forum to express my liking of a pack just for someone to call me disturbing or sad...
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

She called them sad and in another thread she called them disturbing that they could possibly like this pack. That’s calling people names. I would hate to come in this forum to express my liking of a pack just for someone to call me disturbing or sad...

But the thing is, this isn't a thread where we like the pack? You guys KNOW what your coming into...I don't know why you act all hurt and shocked when we disagree with you when it's a thread CLEARLY meant for disagreeing.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just going to lay this here.

If you want a pretty thorough explanation as to why the Murphy bed beat out bunk beds go to the livestream, star watching at 01: 28: 10.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    Hopefully the next pack will be something you feel is worth your time and money. :)
  • M1ss_PlumbumM1ss_Plumbum Posts: 189 Member
    edited January 2020

Hmm perhaps they should hire a psychologist. Me for instance. I will surely give them some ideas on how to make the sims’ minds more unique, interesting and realistic. :)

I will think about how to do it and put it in the feedback section.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Everyone screaming for smaller telescopes and the like remembers that... that was one of the options on the second stuff pack survey, right? Meaning it was TOO LATE to implement those things into this pack.
  • lauradean89lauradean89 Posts: 20 Member
    Murphy bed is an ok addition. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the repetitive new objects. Chairs? Really?! Do we need anymore chairs? No we don’t!
    Toilets? Nope don’t need anymore of those either. This was a great opportunity to scale down some of the things like a portable cauldron - even if you don’t have realm of magic you could use it to make mac and cheese without needing an oven - look it’s even on theme being small AND making it easier for you to cook without needing an oven.

Or a new microwave stove oven combo (we get those in the U.K.) where you can cook all the foods in one place.

The objects look very similer to previous packs (sink looks like the one from get famous, chair swatches look very similar to the jungle adventures pack).

I just feel like the thought process is w good one the execution is just rubbish! Yes it only costs £10 or whatever it is U.K. money wise but it should still have new ‘stuff’ in it. Not just the same old assets repackaged with a slightly different shape and swatch.

Even the CAS stuff looks so similar to previous packs. It’s just frustrating. Don’t get me started on the tiny living buffs as well! Cheaper bills is a reward, romantic buff is also a reward and a lot trait. It’s just not unique enough. They are all things you can achieve in the game already! Would have been better to add smaller lots to the existing worlds or have rewards that aren’t already in game.

For example a working from home buff: logic its more enjoyable in a tiny home because you’ve got all your work stuff in easy reach and you can concentrate more.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    think about it if the developers of the sims4 had more time pretty postive the sims4 would of been more complete but sadly its not like this today most game are micro transcation where missing content must be bough but i love the sims4 but do realise if they would have waited say 2016 to realise the sims4 it would of been more complete at least as a player thats what i think
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited January 2020
    Murphy bed is an ok addition. What leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the repetitive new objects. Chairs? Really?! Do we need anymore chairs? No we don’t!
    Toilets? Nope don’t need anymore of those either. This was a great opportunity to scale down some of the things like a portable cauldron - even if you don’t have realm of magic you could use it to make mac and cheese without needing an oven - look it’s even on theme being small AND making it easier for you to cook without needing an oven.

Or a new microwave stove oven combo (we get those in the U.K.) where you can cook all the foods in one place.

The objects look very similer to previous packs (sink looks like the one from get famous, chair swatches look very similar to the jungle adventures pack).

I just feel like the thought process is w good one the execution is just rubbish! Yes it only costs £10 or whatever it is U.K. money wise but it should still have new ‘stuff’ in it. Not just the same old assets repackaged with a slightly different shape and swatch.

Even the CAS stuff looks so similar to previous packs. It’s just frustrating. Don’t get me started on the tiny living buffs as well! Cheaper bills is a reward, romantic buff is also a reward and a lot trait. It’s just not unique enough. They are all things you can achieve in the game already! Would have been better to add smaller lots to the existing worlds or have rewards that aren’t already in game.

For example a working from home buff: logic its more enjoyable in a tiny home because you’ve got all your work stuff in easy reach and you can concentrate more.

These are all valid criticisms and you managed to make them all without calling anyone names, and that is all I was saying.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I definitely think that the devs care.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited January 2020
    I think that Maxis cares and are making content that they want to make, they want each pack to be a complete pack that includes a general amount of gameplay, build and CAS items. But they are also making these decisions based on what they believe is possible within a limited time frame. And with this stuff pack they were pretty limited in what they could do.
  • julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,166 Member
    edited January 2020
    After Moschino this is now the second pack i am not wasting money on , Less and less in the packs and the price keeps climbing , Oh for the days of sims 1.2 and 3 where we actually got packs with enough content to make them worth buying instead of being screwed over to feed the EA cash cow , How can bunk beds be too much when they already have the animations to use from previous versions of the sims , It's just graham with his excuses because its not something he wants in the pack

You only have to look at packs like Pets , Island Living , University , Realm of Magic to realise that EA tries to fit less and less into each pack so they can bring out more and more packs to give the stuff that was kept aside

I think the devs care but they are told what they can and cannot put into the packs . Its the people who are higher up that do not care , maybe why EA has such a high turnover of staff
  • WillskyWillsky Posts: 63 Member
    Yeah shame there's only 1 gameplay feature in this pack... :( but we shouldn't forget worse things that've happened in the past. I.e. Luxury Party Stuff, My first pet stuff etc. In fact all these packs I do use still, but EA has definatly improved the packs in the past year, in terms of their features i.e. celebrities, island living, university, seasons etc. I think the future for the Sims 4 is still bright. Prehaps the lack of things in this pack could suggest they're working on a very big project? And their using this pack to keep us busy until this 'big project' is released.. just a thought :smile::smile:
    After Moschino this is now the second pack i am not wasting money on , Less and less in the packs and the price keeps climbing , Oh for the days of sims 1.2 and 3 where we actually got packs with enough content to make them worth buying instead of being screwed over to feed the EA cash cow ,

1. How can bunk beds be too much when they already have the animations to use from previous versions of the sims ,
    2. It's just graham with his excuses because its not something he wants in the pack

You only have to look at packs like Pets , Island Living , University , Realm of Magic to realise that EA tries to fit less and less into each pack so they can bring out more and more packs to give the stuff that was kept aside

I think the devs care but they are told what they can and cannot put into the packs . Its the people who are higher up that do not care , maybe why EA has such a high turnover of staff

1. The previous versions of Sims were on different game engines, so you can’t just plug in animations from previous versions into TS4.
    2. Graham doesn’t work on the stuff pack team anymore, in fact he hasn’t for about 2 years now.
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Can't we all just be glad that this is better than Laundry Stuff?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top