Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves ~ A Mafia Game {Mafia Win}

nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
edited January 2020 in Off Topic Chat
Welcome to the Werewolves mafia, inspired by the card game Werewolves of Millers Hollow. Please read ALL of the rules before signing up.

Backstory
During the 1800s, a small town in the American frontier is invaded by werewolves. Each night, one villagers is discovered dead in their bed. So, the rest of the survivors decide that each day, they must retaliate and lynch one person. But the problem is, they don't know who the werewolves are, or even how many there are. There could only be one, working alone, or a full pack of four werewolves... And if a villager is lynched, it's not like you can undo an execution.

Basic Rules

-All the posts that I make related to the game will be posted in blue. Please do not use this color.
-Respect new players. We were all new once as well, even if it wasn't here on the forums.
-The game can be played with 5-18 players, so the game will start either when we get 18 players, or on January 1st/January 2nd, 2019. No requests to join will be accepted after 11:59 PM MDT on December 31st.
-Both days and nights will last 24 hours.
-Night start.
-Night actions can be submitted early if you will not be able to post during the night.
-One lynch per day, one werewolf kill per night, no matter the amount of werewolves.
-Depending on the amount of players, there will be between 1 and 4 werewolves. The town will not be informed of how many there are until all they werewolves are dead.
-Werewolf/wolves wins when all the town members are dead.
-Town was when all the mafia members are dead.
-There will be no promises that all of the townie members will be used.
-Role claiming is allowed, though discouraged.

Roles
Mafia Roles
-Werewolf (1-4)

Townie Roles
-Sheriff (0-1)
-Little Girl (0-1)
-Fortune Teller (0-1)
-Hunter (0-1)
-Cupid (0-1)
-Thief (0-1)
-Witch (0-1)
-Ordinary Townsfolk (0-18)
[/list]

Role Abilities

-Werewolf - Each night, the werewolf/wolves decide who to kill that night. If they cannot agree, there will be no kill.
-Sheriff - The Sheriff's vote counts double. This will not be noticed here on this thread, but the sheriff will be notified via PM.
-Little Girl - Each night, the little girl is allowed to spy on the werewolves. To signify this, I will randomly select one werewolf, and scramble their name, so that the Little Girl has to guess.
-Fortune Teller - Each night, the Fortune Teller can see the role of one other player of their choice.
-Hunter - If the Hunter is killed by the werewolves, lynched by the town, or poisoned by the witch, they will kill one player of their choice before death.
-Cupid - On the first night, the Cupid can choose to "lovers." These will be explained later on. The cupid can make themselves a lover if so desired.
-Thief - On the first night, the thief will be presented with two other not yet used random roles. They have the choice of switching to be one of these. However, if both of these roles are werewolves, the thief is required to become one. I will then add them to the Werewolf group chat.
-Witch - The witch will be supplied with two potions at the beginning of the game. One healing, and one poison. They can only use each once per game, and can if they wish use both on the same night. They can target any player with any potion. This will be their night action.
-Ordinary Townsfolk - These are the vanilla townies. They're only special ability is their ability to vote.
-Lovers - These will only be there if there is a cupid who chooses them. They will have a Lover Chat, similar to the Mafia Chat, where they will reveal their roles to one another. If one is a werewolf and the other is a townie, their motives change. They now wish to eliminate ALL other players, excluding themselves. Lovers are not allowed to vote for one another to by lynched or eaten, and if one is a witch they cannot poison their lover. If one of the lovers is killed, the other immediately dies of sorrow.
[/list]

Players/Replacements/Replacement Rules
Players:
1. Rose
2. Nascar
3. DeKay
4. Nush
5. Lady

Replacements:
5. Nush
Replacement Rules:
To be replaced, you have to have not posted either here or in a DM for one full day stage and one full night stage without first notifying me. You will automatically be replaced by the first replacement on the list, who will right away assume your role, including whether or not you were a lover.

If this setup seems confusing, let me know and I'll do my best to explain it in a simpler way. If enough people are confused, I might change the setup to a premade one based on the amount of players signed up. A basic set of mafia rules can be found here.
funny-gifs20.gif

Post edited by nerdfashion on

Comments

• Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    edited December 2019
    I'm in. Reading now.
    Edit: color doesnt work with bullet points. Change to numbers and it will work.
    Edit 2: Add the color stuff inside the spoilers. Spoiler tabs stop the color too.
    Edit 3: As for the Mafia win condition, isnt all the town dying a bit much? Cause once they become even with town, the werewolves are guaranteed the win anyway, right?
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    Sure im game
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    Sure im game

Hi Nascar
  • Options
    Sure im game

Hi Nascar

Hello hello
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Can you change the mafia to "werewolf"so it's not confusing?

I'll play.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    I'm in. Reading now.
    Edit 2: Add the color stuff inside the spoilers. Spoiler tabs stop the color too.
    Edit 3: As for the Mafia win condition, isnt all the town dying a bit much? Cause once they become even with town, the werewolves are guaranteed the win anyway, right?

Added, and thanks for the help with the colors.
    Sure im game

Added.
    DeKay wrote: »

I'll play.

Added, and done. Except for one place, where I didn't think it was necessary.

funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Wow, that's so elaborate and intriguing! I didn't even have to know the game you were talking about, because you described everything so well! Count me in, and I'll try to muzzle myself better. Or that might look suspicious. Whatever, it looks so interesting!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    I'm in. Reading now.

Added, and thanks for the help with the colors.
    Sure im game

Added.
    DeKay wrote: »

I'll play.

Added, and done. Except for one place, where I didn't think it was necessary.

No problem. When I first set mine up like that, it took a bit for me to figure it out.
  • Options
    Wow, that's so elaborate and intriguing! I didn't even have to know the game you were talking about, because you described everything so well! Count me in, and I'll try to muzzle myself better. Or that might look suspicious. Whatever, it looks so interesting!

Added, and thank you for complimenting my explanatory skills.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    If the game starts after the new year I might be able to do it.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    citysimmer wrote: »
    If the game starts after the new year I might be able to do it.

Oh I just read that you're trying to start tomorrow so nevermind. A really cool setup though
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    I'm going to extend the starting date ( @citysimmer it won't be starting until the new year with the extension, so you can join now) because we don't have enough players yet and there isn't much time until signups would normally close.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    I've been looking for a way to actually get into the forums. Count me in! I've only played in person, so I'm interested to see how this goes.
  • Options
    edited December 2019
    LadyMelda wrote: »
    I've been looking for a way to actually get into the forums. Count me in! I've only played in person, so I'm interested to see how this goes.

Welcome. We have a little community where we host games fairly often. Here is a link to the masterlist where you can find the past games and upcoming games. If you want, you can read back on some of the games to see some of our playstyles. If you need help, all you have to do is ask. :)
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/957451/mafia-masterlist-last-updated-12-23-19
  • Options

Welcome aboard!
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

Welcome! I added you to the player list as "Lady." It's not much different here than in person, only that it lasts longer and it's slightly harder because people can be more careful and take longer to respond without question. It's pretty fun, I think you'll enjoy it.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LadyMeldaLadyMelda Posts: 111 Member
    Thanks to all three of you!
  • Options
    So it starts tomorrow?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Okay, so the night will start then, right? Since the game has a night start? Oh boy.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Yup, Night Start tomorrow morning. Werewolves don't kill Night 1 though, because there's so few people.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @TheRoseHorse @NASCARluver2448 @DeKay @LadyMelda @Nushnushganay ,

The town falls asleep as the moon rises overhead. It's not full yet- but almost. Tomorrow night, the werewolves will strike. Tonight, only the Cupid and the Thief will be able to send night actions, if there are any.

Night 1 has begun. Please do not speak on-topic in this thread, you are supposed to be asleep.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    The sun rises above the town, and the villagers decide to meet in city hall, at an attempt to uncover at least one werewolf before the Full Moon rises...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Hello everyone! Rise and shine!

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Hello
  • Options
    Hello hello hello