Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves ~ A Mafia Game {Mafia Win}

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,579 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    So should we just kill me to end the game, or purposely kill one of you guys and then the other kill me at night to show how silly this is? XD

Facts. But we might as well just finish it.

Do we have any game in queue after this? :joy:
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
    See, @Nushnushganay. This is how you play mafia. It's not only just guess work. There's actually quite a lot of things you can tell from what people post. :P
    832XG3D.gif
  • NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    So should we just kill me to end the game, or purposely kill one of you guys and then the other kill me at night to show how silly this is? XD

I don't beleive so.
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.

I don't beleive so.

Aw, man.... oh well then. XD
    832XG3D.gif
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    See, @Nushnushganay. This is how you play mafia. It's not only just guess work. There's actually quite a lot of things you can tell from what people post. :P

I'm gonna need a seat on the short bus, then. Cuz all I saw was a Mexican Standoff, till someone decided to out themselves. It was fun reading, but I don't feel any more clear on the logic behind anything. But I do SO want to see how well I stand up against your lie detector, DeKay!

Can I lie to you now and see if you can tell? :D
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    See, Nushnushganay. This is how you play mafia. It's not only just guess work. There's actually quite a lot of things you can tell from what people post. :P

I'm gonna need a seat on the short bus, then. Cuz all I saw was a Mexican Standoff, till someone decided to out themselves. It was fun reading, but I don't feel any more clear on the logic behind anything. But I do SO want to see how well I stand up against your lie detector, DeKay!

It's not really logic but I do use a bit of psychology to tell if someone is lying or not. Like, I roughly know how a mafia would react if they get 1 vote, vs a few votes and also at what time of the day phase (late in the day or early in the game). It's pretty crazy and this is something I cannot teach a person this. Of course, this might now work for every single person cuz everyone is different and some people can lie better than uthers but it's a good gauge.

Haha, you can try. XD That will be fun! But you have to make it a somewhat long statement and not just a one sentence thing like, "I just ate cereal." Like you gotta try to convince me and then I can see if you are making it up or actually telling the truth and wanting to convince me, if that makes sense?
    832XG3D.gif
    See, Nushnushganay. This is how you play mafia. It's not only just guess work. There's actually quite a lot of things you can tell from what people post. :P

It's not really logic but I do use a bit of psychology to tell if someone is lying or not. Like, I roughly know how a mafia would react if they get 1 vote, vs a few votes and also at what time of the day phase (late in the day or early in the game). It's pretty crazy and this is something I cannot teach a person this. Of course, this might *now work for every single person cuz everyone is different and some people can lie better than uthers but it's a good gauge.

Haha, you can try. XD That will be fun! But you have to make it a somewhat long statement and not just a one sentence thing like, "I just ate cereal." Like you gotta try to convince me and then I can see if you are making it up or actually telling the truth and wanting to convince me, if that makes sense?

*might not work for
    832XG3D.gif
    The heck is "uthers"? I can't even with my typos in that post. Haahaa.
    832XG3D.gif
  • TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Maybe we should play 2 truths and a lie. I wonder if you could pick it up.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
    Would it be being bad to do this here? I assume this game is still going? But DeKay, I would love to take up your challenge! So you know all the wild crazy stuff you know about me from personal conversations? None of that was lying. Even though I know it beggars belief. But I still think I could totally blindside you even in a very elaborate lie, somehow. But it delights me to wonder if maybe you're really very far beyond the intuitive and perceptive abilities of most people! Even losing would be winning in that case! So how and where can we do this?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Nush: Did you try to think if Rose was bad or something when she voted you on D1? :D You gotta tell us your thought process so I can know and see if I can help you understand mafia games better. Like, there's a lot I can tell just from that one Rose vote on you.

She said it was a gut feeling but didn't try to analyze all your posts that you've mentioned before. Like, I thought it was pretty obvious that you were not bad when you explained this:
    So, anyone has any suggestions to go about doing this?

Should we all just claim our roles?

I hope we only have one Werewolf to kill tho cuz if we have two, hmm, then town loses straight away if we mislynch today.

I didn't think about that. I hope we only have one. Try your EMMM Dekay.

My EMMM says Nascar. 😂💁‍♀️

But I also think it might be time for Nush to be a baddie this time round. 😂
    Nush, are you a baddie?
    No, but I was hoping. But I do have to give more thought to what I do, this time and hope I don't get it wrong, so I will really need to try to go on something besides pure randomness if that is even possible. Because if I get it wrong I could mess things up worse than just a wrong vote.

It looked to me that she wasn't trying to find scum but just wants to randomly vote a townie out.

Also,
    Random and gut feeling are two different things in my mind:
    Hmm. Well, my gut is telling me to vote Nush so that it's what I'm gonna do.

Is it because of anything he has said so far or is this totally random?

It's honestly kind of random. Not really based on anything, just a gut feeling.
    Gut feelings are not random as you feel like someone is suspicious but you can't really tell why. Random is eenie-meenie-miney-mo-I'mma-just-pick-a-random-name-cuz-why-not.

I know it's my fault that we lost cuz I changed my Nascar vote to her but if I knew there were 2 werewolves, I would have kept my vote on Nascar cuz then I would know he was a frustrated werewolf who obviously had a partner and that's why didn't bother to be frantic. But I went with Rose cuz she was just the more obvious one and thought it was only one werewolf. :\

But anyways, what you can do now that you know who the bad guys are and who the good guys are, you can go back and read back how they react and stuff. That's one good way to learn. Of course, it is more obvious on hindsight now that you know everyone's alignments (assuming Rose and Nascar are actually not bluffing me now, heheh), but it does help you. :)
    832XG3D.gif
    Maybe we should play 2 truths and a lie. I wonder if you could pick it up.

No, I'm bad at that. Cuz they are just one statement things.
    Would it be being bad to do this here? I assume this game is still going? But DeKay, I would love to take up your challenge! So you know all the wild crazy stuff you know about me from personal conversations? None of that was lying. Even though I know it beggars belief. But I still think I could totally blindside you even in a very elaborate lie, somehow. But it delights me to wonder if maybe you're really very far beyond the intuitive and perceptive abilities of most people! Even losing would be winning in that case! So how and where can we do this?

I don't know. Just come up with something. XD Or maybe when you really are mafia next time, you can try to convince me. :P
    832XG3D.gif
    Or maybe we could do like 2 truths and lie, (or maybe 1 truth and 2 lies) but it's something you have elaborate one in a short paragraph. :D And then we can all guess as well and see how we good we all are. Haha.

Poor Nerd is gonna come in here and be like, "What the frickity frick frack is going on here..." XD
    832XG3D.gif
    Or maybe we could do like 2 truths and lie, (or maybe 1 truth and 2 lies) but it's something you have elaborate one in a short paragraph. :D And then we can all guess as well and see how we good we all are. Haha.

Poor Nerd is gonna come in here and be like, "What the frickity frick frack is going on here..." XD

I agree. On every account.
    Nush: Did you try to think if Rose was bad or something when she voted you on D1? :D You gotta tell us your thought process so I can know and see if I can help you understand mafia games better. Like, there's a lot I can tell just from that one Rose vote on you.

She said it was a gut feeling but didn't try to analyze all your posts that you've mentioned before. Like, I thought it was pretty obvious that you were not bad when you explained this:
    So, anyone has any suggestions to go about doing this?

Should we all just claim our roles?

I hope we only have one Werewolf to kill tho cuz if we have two, hmm, then town loses straight away if we mislynch today.

I didn't think about that. I hope we only have one. Try your EMMM Dekay.

My EMMM says Nascar. 😂💁‍♀️

But I also think it might be time for Nush to be a baddie this time round. 😂
    Nush, are you a baddie?
    No, but I was hoping. But I do have to give more thought to what I do, this time and hope I don't get it wrong, so I will really need to try to go on something besides pure randomness if that is even possible. Because if I get it wrong I could mess things up worse than just a wrong vote.

It looked to me that she wasn't trying to find scum but just wants to randomly vote a townie out.

Also,
    Random and gut feeling are two different things in my mind:
    Hmm. Well, my gut is telling me to vote Nush so that it's what I'm gonna do.

Is it because of anything he has said so far or is this totally random?

It's honestly kind of random. Not really based on anything, just a gut feeling.
    Gut feelings are not random as you feel like someone is suspicious but you can't really tell why. Random is eenie-meenie-miney-mo-I'mma-just-pick-a-random-name-cuz-why-not.

I know it's my fault that we lost cuz I changed my Nascar vote to her but if I knew there were 2 werewolves, I would have kept my vote on Nascar cuz then I would know he was a frustrated werewolf who obviously had a partner and that's why didn't bother to be frantic. But I went with Rose cuz she was just the more obvious one and thought it was only one werewolf. :\

But anyways, what you can do now that you know who the bad guys are and who the good guys are, you can go back and read back how they react and stuff. That's one good way to learn. Of course, it is more obvious on hindsight now that you know everyone's alignments (assuming Rose and Nascar are actually not bluffing me now, heheh), but it does help you. :)

No. We arent bluffing.
    Okay, let's see...how about 2 truths and 1 lie?

In no particular order:

Gosh, this is harder than I thought it would be, with nothing to go on but my life experience, but you know a lot about it so it's harder to come up with something you wouldn't already know to be true.

So try to spot the lie in three jobs I had at various ages. One isn't true.

a) When I was 15, I worked selling fireworks in a stand, all night. The hardest part of that job was they had one specific Willie Nelson album playing really loud, over and over until I marked time by when a certain song came on, and felt allergic to Willie Nelson by the end of the night. It played in my head for days afterward.

b) When I was 16, I worked briefly at a Scientology place, at the front desk while they had something going on that had all the people somewhere else in the building. The phone rang, I would answer it and had a chart of what buttons to push to put people through to this or that. It was very confusing. But nothing could have prepared me for how RUDE, to the point of abusive and very unprofessional, the people who called on that phone, were! Some man yelled at me over the phone that he was some alphabet soup of letters, calling from California for some other alphabet soup of letters titled person, and I had no idea what he was talking about, but he kept yelling more insistently at me over the phone, demanding I do something I had no idea how to do, even though I kept trying to explain to him that I was just a temp and this was my first day. My whole experience there convinced me never to engage those people again, and that was long before I heard about them on news and stuff.

c) When I was 18, I worked shoveling manure for a farm that was selling it to an organic compost/fertilizer company. I had to shovel it out of the pens into into crates which, once full, I would load onto a truck. The horse manure wasn't bad, but the pig manure was the worst! At least the pigs had the decency to leave it all in one pile in their enclosure so I didn't have to go hunting for it, not that the smell wouldn't have given it away. But you haven't worked, til you've lifted crate after crate of pig manure onto a truck in the hot sun. Luckily the job didn't last that long.

So, Dekay? Which is the lie? A, B, or C?
    Maybe I should private message someone else as to which it is, first so they can be my "secret-keeper" and verify that I didn't switch after you guessed (which I wouldn't do, but it just occurred to me that might be a good idea). Does someone want to be a secret-keeper?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Okay, let's see...how about 2 truths and 1 lie?

In no particular order:

Gosh, this is harder than I thought it would be, with nothing to go on but my life experience, but you know a lot about it so it's harder to come up with something you wouldn't already know to be true.

So try to spot the lie in three jobs I had at various ages. One isn't true.

a) When I was 15, I worked selling fireworks in a stand, all night. The hardest part of that job was they had one specific Willie Nelson album playing really loud, over and over until I marked time by when a certain song came on, and felt allergic to Willie Nelson by the end of the night. It played in my head for days afterward.

b) When I was 16, I worked briefly at a Scientology place, at the front desk while they had something going on that had all the people somewhere else in the building. The phone rang, I would answer it and had a chart of what buttons to push to put people through to this or that. It was very confusing. But nothing could have prepared me for how RUDE, to the point of abusive and very unprofessional, the people who called on that phone, were! Some man yelled at me over the phone that he was some alphabet soup of letters, calling from California for some other alphabet soup of letters titled person, and I had no idea what he was talking about, but he kept yelling more insistently at me over the phone, demanding I do something I had no idea how to do, even though I kept trying to explain to him that I was just a temp and this was my first day. My whole experience there convinced me never to engage those people again, and that was long before I heard about them on news and stuff.

c) When I was 18, I worked shoveling manure for a farm that was selling it to an organic compost/fertilizer company. I had to shovel it out of the pens into into crates which, once full, I would load onto a truck. The horse manure wasn't bad, but the pig manure was the worst! At least the pigs had the decency to leave it all in one pile in their enclosure so I didn't have to go hunting for it, not that the smell wouldn't have given it away. But you haven't worked, til you've lifted crate after crate of pig manure onto a truck in the hot sun. Luckily the job didn't last that long.

So, Dekay? Which is the lie? A, B, or C?
    Maybe I should private message someone else as to which it is, first so they can be my "secret-keeper" and verify that I didn't switch after you guessed (which I wouldn't do, but it just occurred to me that might be a good idea). Does someone want to be a secret-keeper?

Ill do it
    Ok I'll PM you which one it is. Thanks!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Okay, the secret keeper knows which one is the lie. So @DeKay you can guess any time you're ready! Anyone else who wants to, feel free. Maybe someone else can do the lie/truths thing next! Though if I don't get to sleep ASAP I'm going to be a real bear tomorrow... :)

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Though as a fun thing, Nascar took a guess before I told, and guessed it correctly, and said it was pure guess, no attempt at intuition. Which makes sense also, since a 33.3% chance of being right is as close to a coin flip as you can get in real chances.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Though as a fun thing, Nascar took a guess before I told, and guessed it correctly, and said it was pure guess, no attempt at intuition. Which makes sense also, since a 33.3% chance of being right is as close to a coin flip as you can get in real chances.

Not wrong 😂
    Gotta sign off, gonna be dead tomorrow as it is, my own fault. May as well try to grab 3 hours of sleep. overnout!

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Im gonna go to sleep to. Its after 3 AM
    Nascar got good EMMM vibes. XD
    832XG3D.gif
    Nascar got good EMMM vibes. XD

Lel