Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Werewolves ~ A Mafia Game {Mafia Win}

Comments

• Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Rose, I sure hope you don't let your gut lead you in matters of great importance. Because so far it has consistently led you astray about me, and it continues to. I would love to know what it is about me, that game after game, attracts suspicion despite my not getting to be the bag guy once, yet? I wonder if I will attract suspicion exactly the same way, if and when I am? I would like to play enough to find out.

But I'm still laughing about how somehow everyone's gut suspects me, every. single. game. and so far, for no reason other than their own imaginations playing games on them. Maybe I just come across as twisting the ends of my waxed mustache while plotting unspeakable things? Well, I'm flattered I guess. :)

And we still don't hear much from anyone else. Are people so boring?

Stop laughing at people's guts suspecting you and actually try to figure out if they are actually the bad guy and just want to vote you out.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    @LadyMelda Tagging you so you know the game has started.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Hmm. Well, my gut is telling me to vote Nush so that it's what I'm gonna do.

Is it because of anything he has said so far or is this totally random?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    And Nascar is weirdly calm for someone who has had the first vote and another vote on him too. Don't know what this could mean. But could be a werewolf who's not bothered.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Rose, could you convince me you're town?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    NASCARluver2448NASCARluver2448 Posts: 860 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    And Nascar is weirdly calm for someone who has had the first vote and another vote on him too. Don't know what this could mean. But could be a werewolf who's not bothered.

Or it could be the fact that i know its a game and im not letting it get to me.
    This is real, this is me. i'm exactly where i'm supposed to be.
  • Options
    But if you are town, wouldn't you want town to win and actually do something about it?
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    But if you are town, wouldn't you want town to win and actually do something about it?

Yes, and i'll try better tomorrow when i hopefully am not being pulled away every couple minutes
  • Options

Yes, and i'll try better tomorrow when i hopefully am not being pulled away every couple minutes

There won't be a tomorrow for you if you get lynched today.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options

I meant tomorrow as in real life tomorrow, or today now
  • Options

I meant tomorrow as in real life tomorrow, or today now

You would only have a few hours then tho, and I wouldn't be around to change my vote.

But I think you kinda seem townish to me now with this convo we're having.

Vote: Rose?

I'm fine with y'all voting out Lady too. Sorry, Lady.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    TheRoseHorseTheRoseHorse Posts: 7,300 Member
    Rose, I sure hope you don't let your gut lead you in matters of great importance. Because so far it has consistently led you astray about me, and it continues to. I would love to know what it is about me, that game after game, attracts suspicion despite my not getting to be the bag guy once, yet? I wonder if I will attract suspicion exactly the same way, if and when I am? I would like to play enough to find out.

But I'm still laughing about how somehow everyone's gut suspects me, every. single. game. and so far, for no reason other than their own imaginations playing games on them. Maybe I just come across as twisting the ends of my waxed mustache while plotting unspeakable things? Well, I'm flattered I guess. :)

Actually, since this is the first game I have played w/ you, this is the first time I have suspected you.
    Even the Most Beautiful Rose has been through the Dirt
  • Options
    Hmm. Well, my gut is telling me to vote Nush so that it's what I'm gonna do.

Is it because of anything he has said so far or is this totally random?

It's honestly kind of random. Not really based on anything, just a gut feeling.
  • Options
    Rose, could you convince me you're town?

The only thing I can really say is that I'm town. I dont have a pr sadly.
  • Options
    Going to work now, so will be inact the rest of day.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Day 1 will have to begin in about 20 minutes instead of 20 minutes and an hour due to my schedule.
    Vote Count:
    Nush (1) ~ Rose
    Rose (2) ~ Nush, DeKay

Right now, Rose will be lynched.

funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

Stop laughing at people's guts suspecting you and actually try to figure out if they are actually the bad guy and just want to vote you out.

Fair enough. But I haven't seen a way how, yet. Since you and others have played for years, it must usually not be so small, so few rounds, that it's only a game of chance. Right?

And I owe Rose an apology. That was inexcusably harsh.
    Rose, I am sorry. You didn't deserve being castigated.

This game just hasn't made any sense yet.

It looks like this to me:

There are 5 marbles: 1 is black, the others are white, in a bag you can't look inside of.
    Reach inside and pull out one marble a day.
    You have 3 tries to pull out the black marble.
    Each time you reach, explain how you know it's the black marble.

But that analogy breaks down because even in a much larger sample size, the game mechanics would be the same, whereas in this game, that's not the case, because if a game were to last, say, 10 rounds, there would be a way to compare communications with events, and examine them against the available roles, and even a chance to use process of elimination sometimes.

Those of you who have played a long time: is that the way it usually is? And is it just a matter of time before a larger more complex game happens? Or are these very short, small, mostly-chance games the norm?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Day 1 will have to begin in about 20 minutes instead of 20 minutes and an hour due to my schedule.
    Vote Count:
    Nush (1) ~ Rose
    Rose (2) ~ Nush, DeKay

I didn't vote for Rose, though.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Vote Count:
    Nush (1) ~ Rose
    Rose (2) ~ Nush, DeKay

I didn't vote for Rose, though.

My bad!

Night 2 is starting. the final vote count:
    Nush (1) ~ Rose
    Nascar (1) ~ Nush
    Rose (1) ~ DeKay

As Nush was voted for first, Nush has been eliminated. He was the thief/witch.

The full moon rises over the village. The werewolf/wolves will strike tonight, and one less person will rise.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

Actually, since this is the first game I have played w/ you, this is the first time I have suspected you.

Oh, drat, that's right! Weren't you hosting the other game! Got you mixed up. And I'm sorry for being harsh like that even if you had, because it's not personal at all. I wasn't even feeling personally angry or anything, when I said that, just frustrated with how there's no sense to this game at all, so far, but that's quite probably due to it being so small each time, so far.

Since I threw a 2 on a 4-sdied die and Nascar was #2 on my list, I voted Nascar, but somehow it looks like I was listed as voting Rose. I did it randomly because there wasn't anything yet, to have a feeling ABOUT, except maybe not having heard from Lady at that point. But why would the person who came up werewolf, make themselves conspicuous by being the only one who hadn't spoken? More likely they were just unavailable for life reasons. So I couldn't justify voting for "reasons" at all, so it was a dice roll.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I was the thief, and chose being the witch rather than a vanilla townie. I don't think there are going to be enough rounds to make a difference whether I declare or not. I have no idea whether to use my potions or not, because using them means taking more shots in the dark and in a situation like this, it would just be a random act of chaos. If there were 5 of us in close proximity and we each had a one-shot rifle but we couldn't see each other, and one of us was The Enemy, would I throw a grenade? Doubtful.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Oh, drat, that's right! Weren't you hosting the other game! Got you mixed up. And I'm sorry for being harsh like that even if you had, because it's not personal at all. I wasn't even feeling personally angry or anything, when I said that, just frustrated with how there's no sense to this game at all, so far, but that's quite probably due to it being so small each time, so far.

Since I threw a 2 on a 4-sdied die and Nascar was #2 on my list, I voted Nascar, but somehow it looks like I was listed as voting Rose. I did it randomly because there wasn't anything yet, to have a feeling ABOUT, except maybe not having heard from Lady at that point. But why would the person who came up werewolf, make themselves conspicuous by being the only one who hadn't spoken? More likely they were just unavailable for life reasons. So I couldn't justify voting for "reasons" at all, so it was a dice roll.

Me and her both hosted the last game.
  • Options

Fair enough. But I haven't seen a way how, yet. Since you and others have played for years, it must usually not be so small, so few rounds, that it's only a game of chance. Right?

And I owe Rose an apology. That was inexcusably harsh.
    Rose, I am sorry. You didn't deserve being castigated.

This game just hasn't made any sense yet.

It looks like this to me:

There are 5 marbles: 1 is black, the others are white, in a bag you can't look inside of.
    Reach inside and pull out one marble a day.
    You have 3 tries to pull out the black marble.
    Each time you reach, explain how you know it's the black marble.

But that analogy breaks down because even in a much larger sample size, the game mechanics would be the same, whereas in this game, that's not the case, because if a game were to last, say, 10 rounds, there would be a way to compare communications with events, and examine them against the available roles, and even a chance to use process of elimination sometimes.

Those of you who have played a long time: is that the way it usually is? And is it just a matter of time before a larger more complex game happens? Or are these very short, small, mostly-chance games the norm?

Usually a mafia game takes up to 3 or 4 days phases (before town loses) , no matter how many players there are cuz usually the mafia are balanced out with the townies. But town gets to buy more days if you manage to kill one mafia early and so on. Also, it doesn't matter about the number of people cuz I feel like activity of the players and how talkative they are will make the game better.
    Having like 13 players with only one or two people being active will also not do any good and people would also just end up guessing who the bad guy is, and would still be a game of chance.

I used to play longer games here but a lot of simmers don't want to play mafia anymore. 💁‍♀️ So these are all the people that's left.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Is there any way we can get Nush to replace Lady? She hasn't spoken for a day.
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    Is there any way we can get Nush to replace Lady? She hasn't spoken for a day.

Yes. Nush has asked to be a replacement, so I've added them to the list. If Lady doesn't speak by the end of Day 2, Nush will replace her. Unless she is lynched or killed by the werewolves.
    funny-gifs20.gif