Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ok, for some reason my game started looking really freaking clear.

I loaded up my game and was bombarded with crisp and clear graphics. I'm able to see things that I have never seen before. Mind you I'm not complaining, but does anyone know why? Does it have to do with the update?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2019
    I loaded up my game and was bombarded with crisp and clear graphics. I'm able to see things that I have never seen before. Mind you I'm not complaining, but does anyone know why? Does it have to do with the update?

If you have a decent video card and now with the game full 64 bit you now how use of all your ram - in the game and in your video card that was not available under 32 bit because 32 bit never lets you use more than 3.5 ram and windows even takes part of that 3.5 - but now it's all available to you and ram allows you so much freedom when you have it and can use it. Especially if you know how to tweak your system to get the most out of it. It gets good even not knowing - but knowing how to tweak opens a whole new world in gaming systems - especially if you have a gaming desktop. Nothing like it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I think the pre-DU patch mentioned updates to graphics so that might be it.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    I have to report the same thing. Especially after I changed the screen resulution and UI size.
    All the icons are so clear that it feels so unusual. I do have to mention that icons for Jumpy (dogs) and Playful (cats) traits have been changed.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    I like this report :smiley:

What have you discovered with these new crisp and clear graphics? And most importantly: want to share screenshots? ;)
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Looks the same to me.
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    EA_Mai wrote: »

What have you discovered with these new crisp and clear graphics? And most importantly: want to share screenshots? ;)

Well I noticed the toys in the pet toy bin, the leaves on the bonsai tree, and I have a canning mod and the pickles were super clear in their jars. And I noticed all of this literally within a minute of loading up the game. Hopefully this is a good picture to show what I mean, though I think there might be some degradation of quality from game to screenshot. ;) Like everything from the blocks on the table to the hat on Fenris's head is super clear.

vfG2iGy.png
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    I haven't noticed if anything was clearer but I noticed the outdoor lighting seems different and more realistic but I could also be going crazy?
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    I noticed this too, and it makes me SO happy.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    The new patch updated graphics for laptop users, so if you are using a laptop that is probably it :)
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    The new patch updated graphics for laptop users, so if you are using a laptop that is probably it :)

I'm using a desktop computer.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Haaaa.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I think my game is possibly looking a little clearer as well. I've always played on ultra setting but lately I'm looking at the game in amazement at how beautiful the graphics look. I know they say graphics aren't everything when it comes to games but it really does make my enjoyment of them so much more when everything nice to look at.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2019
    I haven't noticed if anything was clearer but I noticed the outdoor lighting seems different and more realistic but I could also be going crazy?

Same, I have a desktop gaming rig with an Nvidia 1060 gpu thatI have played on ultra graphics since I set it up two years ago, and I have a save where it’s currently summertime and my family lives in the Parkshore house in Pendula View in Willow Creek, between the Goth’s house and that little park. While they were sleeping I suddenly noticed all this movement around the street lamps, when I focused in it was moths/insects flying around the light. I had never ever seen that before. I have to admit I was quite enraptured and it made me feel so happy because it’s those little details in this game that I just adore!

• Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited December 2019
    EA_Mai wrote: »

Well I noticed the toys in the pet toy bin, the leaves on the bonsai tree, and I have a canning mod and the pickles were super clear in their jars. And I noticed all of this literally within a minute of loading up the game. Hopefully this is a good picture to show what I mean, though I think there might be some degradation of quality from game to screenshot. ;) Like everything from the blocks on the table to the hat on Fenris's head is super clear.

vfG2iGy.png

I never noticed the subtle stripes on the caps of that tree playhouse before and I use it all the time. I also never noticed the little face drawn on the LEGO table.
  • Options
    DreamOperatorDreamOperator Posts: 241 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yep, that was the first time I noticed the little drawing on the block table too! I also play on a desktop.