Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s a gameplay feature you’ve NEVER used? New ideas to spice up your game!

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I feel like I've barely scratched the surface of this game some times.

Never Hosted Events
    Currently working on this one, Planning a Grand Dinner Party for the end of Harvest Festival, It's taken me Simweeks to prepare!

Never conceived a Baby using Gameplay
    Usually I create my sim's children in CAS,

Because the List is shorter, these are the Careers I have explored:
    Business
    Detective
    Painter
    Writer
    Retail Owner
    Restaurant Owner
    Style Influencer
    Entertainer (Acting, Musician, and Comedy)
    Programming

I play on the long 28-Day/Season, cycle, I've never experienced Winter yet in the game. I've had seasons since it released. It's weird because it kind of lines up with Real life seasons, Winter for me is in a month, and winter doesn't start for a another 2 weeks in game, and at the rate I play
    Winter in game and real life will be starting at the same time.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I haven't done or completed a lot mostly because they just don't fit into the story of the sims I'm playing. Also I rotate away from a sim so even if I've planned to see something through I just haven't gotten there yet. Like getting higher up in many, many careers... or upping/maxing out fitness on a sim that has a jet ski to see the tricks they can do with better skill. For instance I haven't seen what all the floral arrangements do.. even though I want too, so I read about it here.. Often a new pack comes along and I'm still not done exploring the last one but then I just gotta play a different way (just gotta!). At least I have many avenues to explore still when I eventually get around to it :).
    Some things just don't interest me like actively running retail business, restaurant or vet clinic so I'm not sure I'll ever do them. I just want those things in my game for my sims to go to and make use of them from the customer end.
    The game is packed with things I haven't done or seen yet... to me this includes the reactions of sims or all the ins and outs associated with doing something.. like some things work out differently for different sim types or in different moods or if they have better skills or traits.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    @MasonGamer what kinds of things did you do to prepare for your Harvest Festival Grand Dinner?
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited November 2019
    The holiday events and decorations and outfits. I don't use the voodoo doll or future cube either. I make my own special days and love the customization with it. The MySims dolls I tend to sell right away too. Not a lot of room for them on shelves and often cause more routing issues for Sims than anything. They just feel like how the gnomes were, only good for spreading fires in a house.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    @Scobre what special event holidays have you added? I haven’t really used the Create Holiday feature much, but would love to. I made the Super Bowl and a day for the Sulani International Marathon, but that’s about it so far.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Scobre what special event holidays have you added? I haven’t really used the Create Holiday feature much, but would love to. I made the Super Bowl and a day for the Sulani International Marathon, but that’s about it so far.
    @popstarissa I create a lot of family events like a toddler party day or a beach day. I should try making a black friday day for them too for shopping. Also can create ditch a school day which is always fun. I probably could make prom days with it too. It's very versatile like the club and retail system with all the possibilities. Fun to customize a sports day too or dinner parties. Especially during summer time with the customization I can give kids a summer break, so they can do a bunch of water and fun activities then.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Currently non of my sims have used the pet training skill or owned a vet surgery. Also I’ve never used the father winter, trick or treat options in the seasons calendar and never interacted with the sulani spirits
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited November 2019
    • The whole military career. I haven't had any sim join!
    • Most of the freelance careers actually too...
    • Have rarely reached the top of the careers. A couple of branches I haven't tried too.
    • Running any kind of business. So all retail, veterinary, restaurant...
    • Dolphins. Never seen one?
    • Mermaid abilities. I have played a mermaid, just not done the stuff.
    • Breeding cats on a purpose. (I have had kittens.)
    • Had a butler in a proper household.
    • Drowned a sim in that Get Famous pond.
    • Had a celebrity higher than 3 stars.
    • Weather machine in Seasons.
    • The lightning powers?
    • Sent the bees after a sim.
    • Had Patchy come alive.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Automatic placement of windows in build mode.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    @Nindigo Say whaaaaat, now? I’ve never even HEARD of that!
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited November 2019
    I don't believe there is any feature that I have played through to completion and probably quite a few that I have yet to try.
    I have only sampled new content because I did not want to progress my sims without University.

That's all changed now. :)
    I have a group of about 20 sims that were never-aging young adults when TS4 had its first expansion pack.
    Now all of them are toddlers, children, and teens with parents given to them through CAS.

I will probably try to give them each an aspect of TS4 to explore as they grow up. Their parents too.
    I have not touched Cats and Dogs since about a week after it launched. I guess someone will become a Veterinarian.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    gemjasgemjas Posts: 211 Member
    Despite owning both Jungle Adventure and Outdoor Retreat I've never... actually gone on vacation to either or used many of their features.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @popstarissa I learned about it by watching the EnglishSimmer's video HERE.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    CTBludiamondCTBludiamond Posts: 2 New Member
    There's many, mainly bc I come up with so many ideas and I can't stay committed to one family 😒 but one I know I will never use is aliens!!!
  • Options
    CTBludiamondCTBludiamond Posts: 2 New Member
    @Sharonia @popstarissa I have owned a couple retail spots and it's not easy but what I do like is I can make the business whatever I want and I'm fully in control unlike the rabbit hole jobs...I make alot of single families so it helps me help them make friends...lol owning a restaurant is not as fun as creating your own spot like a makeup store,shoe store or pet store...i chose the type of spot based off how much cc or maxis items I have to make it look full!!
  • Options
    DMDCTDMDCT Posts: 79 Member
    Reading threads like this always make me realise that I have literally tried everything, several times over :D

@JackOnYourBack Thank you! As I was reading through this thread, I seriously began to worry that I was the only one crazy enough to have done everything mentioned thus far already. Good to know I'm not alone!

But allow me to ask you this: Have you ever build a library and then filled it with about a hundred books that were actually written and left there by your sims? Or am I the only one?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The island spirits, off the grid, and dog breeding come to mind.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    As crazy as this sounds (considering how much I missed them) I have yet to play with toddlers!! I play pretty slowly though and I like to explore things when they make sense. There's quite a few things that I want to explore though:
    • ROM gameplay - soon to be explored
    • DU gameplay - ditto
    • Astronaut career
    • Criminal career
    • Athletic career
    • Owning a Vet - I've completed the skill but never actually owned a Vet
    • Running a restaurant
    • All the freelance careers except for the programmer one
    • Never played with elders!
    • So many aspirations and traits that I've not touched (mainly negative) - non-commital, evil, jealous, self-absorbed, mean etc. def working on this one for sure
    • Barely touched the club system from GT but this will soon change with DU I think
    • Divorced a sim couple

There's probably a lot more than that but these are the ones that stand out to me the most. I intend to fix most of them too :smiley:
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Babykittyjade so cool! What are your favorite ways to explore Granite Falls? I feel like sometimes I get bored there, so I’d love to hear your ideas. Or maybe it’s just because anytime I plan a trip, it ends up to be pouring rain 🤣🤣

I’ve also never ordered a pizza or trick or treated. I should try!

Actually that has been my experience 80% of the time my sims spend their vacation running from storms and hiding out in tents🤭 I thought about cheating the weather but I just roll with it because it seems realistic since I've had many moments like that happen in real life.

I usually just end up doing general camping things because I feel like it gives the family time to bond without all the distractions of everyday life. Then I usually have multiple sims as well as the family dog go exploring around the woods, fishing and catching bugs. Then I spend the rest of the time using poses,custom content and imagination to set up my own deep woods adventure stories lol

I used one lot there to fill with custom content by adding fog, dragons, old ruins, my own trees and stuff so it would seem as they were exploring these dark creepy ruins looking for old artifacts. From there I come up with all kind of wild stories😆😆😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    DMDCT wrote: »
    Reading threads like this always make me realise that I have literally tried everything, several times over :D

@JackOnYourBack Thank you! As I was reading through this thread, I seriously began to worry that I was the only one crazy enough to have done everything mentioned thus far already. Good to know I'm not alone!

But allow me to ask you this: Have you ever build a library and then filled it with about a hundred books that were actually written and left there by your sims? Or am I the only one?

Gotta admit...I've also put my sims' books in the libraries as well, especially the emotional ones for the lol's. XD
    I'm also one of those 'done everything in the game' types, at least with all the packs I have (I'm still working on getting the last ones that have come out). :wink:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    DMDCT wrote: »

Haha I have actually had a sim write books to keep in a library but then I decided to turn it into a book store instead, it wasn't a hundred books though, less than that XD
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    Haha @GracieO312 I haven’t played many Elders either. I think the 2x I did try, I accidentally killed one by jog and the other by woohoo in about the span of 5 minutes.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    edited November 2019
    Just had couple of thoughts of how to incorporate the telescope and microscope into my play. I know some people build a bunker and build the rocket down there. Could also put them down there with the rocket and control room. Or the telescope on a tower.Not sure where I could put the cupcake machine, though.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't play with the elders.
    I can't get my team to destroy the Mother plant even though they have their equipments, haphazard suits on, never weary, forever full & forever fresh traits.
    Stopped making my sims a celebrity.
    Love giving my sims powers, skills & traits.
    I make my sims naughty & nice at the same time.
  • Options
    JediMuppetJediMuppet Posts: 98 Member
    edited November 2019
    For those who havn't done much frog breeding it can earn extra $ if you have a big household. You can breed a frog only every few hours or something but each Sim can breed 1. So you can swap them to the next Sims inventory and breed them again :P

The relics in jungle adventure are fun. There is one you can make that marks a Sim for death and after a few days the Sim will die. My global superstar archeologist would use it in the paparazzi :lol:

I have yet to explore...
    Fashion photography
    Freelance careers
    Business career
    Military career
    Those flea market tables from CL to sell things
    Pet training
    Owning a dog (always go for cats)
    Party animal aspiration
    Post edited by JediMuppet on