Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s a gameplay feature you’ve NEVER used? New ideas to spice up your game!

Comments

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    edited November 2019
    I have never used the cupcake machine. Never owned a retail business or veterinary clinic. I’ve never participated in a “neighborhood brawl” or met patchy. I never maxed out a toddlers skills/aspiration before aging them up. Never fully explored JA or GrF and all that they offer. Never played an evil sim or had a celeb with a bad rep.
    For those who never tried the Freelance careers, do try them. They are convenient to say the most. If you are the type of player who doesn’t like waiting for your sims to come from work or are interested in other game play but still need means to make money, then freelance all the way.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    While I've touched on most of the features (IL and onward excluded) I haven't really gone in-depth into any of them. I've maxed maybe one career, one branch of that career, so there is still plenty for me to explore. Never mind the fact that I haven't had a chance to really do anything with IL-RoM, and I haven't gotten DU just yet. So there's a lot more to explore lol. I've never owned any sort of business, I've done maybe 5 aspirations if that. My Super Sim and I will be busy lol.
  • Options
    DivinedredsDivinedreds Posts: 1 New Member
    I knew I had more to experience in the game, but this post has made me realize I am missing out on a lot. I did complete the Strangerville mystery and recently started a new save with it as a basis for a Zombie Apocalypse.

So many careers I haven't touched. I need to get on it.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    @popstarissa what is th Sulani International Marathon?

@Scobre how do you give the children a summer break ( time off) when the parents need to to work? How do you set it for children to be off while adults are working?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Just had couple of thoughts of how to incorporate the telescope and microscope into my play. I know some people build a bunker and build the rocket down there. Could also put them down there with the rocket and control room. Or the telescope on a tower.Not sure where I could put the cupcake machine, though.

I downloaded a science building someone made a long time ago and gave it the generic tag. I have added a couple basements to it as well. I added some of the stuff from GTW as well too make a lab, the science inventor, lab machine etc. I also made a room with archeological stuff from Jungle adventure, an area with a bed, bathroom and place to eat in case my sims want to stay over night. The science building has a couple of places to build space ships, a control center, a telescope, many microscopes, several computers. a bar area (I added the vending machine). It also has a cupcake maker. It is a building that multiple sims have used many times. It even has a picnic table and bar-b-que outside. A video game room, and lab area for children.
  • Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    I am relatively new to the Sims so there are many many many features I have not tried yet.

Off the top of my head for base game I have yet to try the freelancer careers.

I have not gone bowling yet even though I've had the pack for a few months.

I have not yet tried the doctor career even though I enjoy the other active careers.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    @popstarissa Yeah they don’t have much going for them do they? Haha! Which actually leads me on to another thing I have never played with: ghosts!
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    edited November 2019
    @SheriSim57 It’s just a little holiday I created in the calendar. Sims go and do the volunteer activity Walk to Fight Disease as a family and then have a community bonfire afterwards.

Sometimes after the volunteer activity, I have the fitness buffs do a couple of laps around one of the smaller islands and pretend they are racing.
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    Many things! 5 that come to mind:

- Never completed all the collections
    - Never played the criminal career (at least not long enough for me to remember)
    - Never played much with the voodoo doll
    - Never focused on pet training
    - Flower arrangements - but now that I remember about them I really need to do this :smiley:

What's with the cupcake machine that makes it so popular in this thread? Is it because of the size? :o
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Here's one that just dawned on me - I've never used the earbuds, though naturally, every sim has them.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    They are too many to be listed. But one feature I wanna try shortly (for the first time) is the cow plant :) Never tried it in previous series either, but must admit it is a cool creature :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @EA_Mai yes, I think so! I really like the cupcake machine - especially the savory things like crab cakes and salmon croquettes. It gives some fun extra fun things for my Chef Simmies to brew up for gatherings. It is hard to find space for it, even in medium to large houses depending on what kinds of rooms you have. I don't usually build basements or "activity rooms," so it feels a little funny to stuff it in the corner of a living room or bedroom :)
  • Options
    DinowCookieDinowCookie Posts: 951 Member
    I've never tried the weather control station from Seasons 🤔 perhaps I should try that one out.
    Nor have I ever used the washing tub for manual laundry.
    There's Patchy the scarecrow who I've never placed before.
    Also there's a few aspirations I never completed before. Would be a fun challenge to try and get them all!

There's also a lot of expansions that I haven't bought yet so there's still plenty to be discovered after I completely played through the packs I have!
    Visit me on the gallery! 😊
    EA ID: DinowCookie | No-CC Households & Rooms
  • Options
    @DinowCookie Now that you mention it, I don’t think I’ve ever completed any of the aspirations. They kind of cheapened the process in TS4 by making it so easy to change aspirations at any moment. Also the rewards never seemed all that interesting. Maybe I’ll try one of them out! Do you have a favorite?
  • Options
    ArialisimsArialisims Posts: 120 Member
    @Hoverael there's a pancake maker??
    VbXPSzu.png
  • Options
    EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
    edited November 2019
    @EA_Mai yes, I think so! I really like the cupcake machine - especially the savory things like crab cakes and salmon croquettes. It gives some fun extra fun things for my Chef Simmies to brew up for gatherings. It is hard to find space for it, even in medium to large houses depending on what kinds of rooms you have. I don't usually build basements or "activity rooms," so it feels a little funny to stuff it in the corner of a living room or bedroom :)

Ahh, yeah, that makes sense! I didn't really fully use it until Get to work, if I remember right - doesn't look out of place at all in the backside of a store. Otherwise it goes in my Sims' basement.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Arialisims wrote: »

yeah. it requires level 10 culinary iirc. it's there in the stoves section on CAS.
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »
    Arialisims wrote: »

yeah. it requires level 10 culinary iirc. it's there in the stoves section on CAS.

I need to check this out sometime
  • Options
    @Hoverael what does the pancake maker do? Just make the standard pancakes, or does it make new types or flavors?
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited November 2019
    There's nothing very special about that stove other than it has a flat top with no burners. Sims can cook all the same dishes as other stoves on it. No extra pancake recipes/flavors or anything. It might have an inspirational aura attached to it your Sims can enable though, I don't recall. It's just named the pancake maker because of the flat cooktop would be my guess. *shrugs*

EDIT: Here's a pic of it, on the left of the image.

UhQkiqh.png
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @popstarissa I very much enjoy the 'friend of the world' aspiration, since it pushes me to get my sims out of the house more, make more connections and the reward trait makes it so that relationships no longer decay. So that's also why I think it's the most beneficial from the ones I completed so far. 😊
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    There's nothing very special about that stove other than it has a flat top with no burners. Sims can cook all the same dishes as other stoves on it. No extra pancake recipes/flavors or anything. It might have an inspirational aura attached to it your Sims can enable though, I don't recall. It's just named the pancake maker because of the flat cooktop would be my guess. *shrugs*

EDIT: Here's a pic of it, on the left of the image.

UhQkiqh.png

That's a beautiful kitchen 🤗
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Another thing I just realized, is I never invest in my sims relationships with their co-workers even though maintaining high relationships with them is listed as a way to boost your performance! Which is definitely a gameplay feature that is worth making use of.

Having a proper sleep schedule is also a thing my sims only learned recently. It absolutely helps to keep your sims happy and to maintain their relationships with the world around them. Before I just used to ignore "time" and my sims would be at home most of the time, eating spaghetti at 2 am and sleeping in until deep in the afternoon. 🙃 that does seem familiar...
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    @MasonGamer what kinds of things did you do to prepare for your Harvest Festival Grand Dinner?

I went a little overboard, but it's coming along.

689d761a279c79cddec0b53e56f0552a.png

Thank God for magic. so save is in my medieval save. I had the Castle Chef cook up one of each dish, and the archmage use his magic to make copies.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    That's a beautiful kitchen 🤗

Thank you so much! It's a part of my build for the Blueprint Builds challenge hosted by @AlJay here on the forum. Here's a link to a slideshow of my entire build if you'd like to take a look.

Island Family Retreat

and a link to the challenge in case you like to enter the next round or just take a look at the other builds entered for the current round...

Blueprint Builds

Happy Simming! <3