Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Do You Get Rid of the Households in University?

tulipssimmertulipssimmer Posts: 89 Member
One of the main thing I don’t like about the University besides not being able to edit dorms is the premades in dorms. Look I love them the trailer and still want them in campus but the Bestie roommates are living in the better half of the Brichester dorms and I want my sim to live there. Does anyone know how to make them inactive roommates so you don’t have to play as them but keep them the world. Is it possible to move them to one of the ten roommates? I know this early and the game hasn’t come out but I thought I’d try to get ahead of the curve, so anyone knows.

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Go to manage world, click their household and there should be a truck icon. Iirc that truck icon lets you move them out. There’s also an option to evict.
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I don’t remember what it is, but there’s a cheat code to edit uneditable lots. I use it all the time for the vacation homes in Granite Falls.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Go to manage world, click their household and there should be a truck icon. Iirc that truck icon lets you move them out. There’s also an option to evict.

This is right. Kick them out whenever you want. They can become townies or you can delete them.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I was under the impression you can freely edit dorms once you kick out the Sims already living in them? I am pretty sure I read that.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    I don’t remember what it is, but there’s a cheat code to edit uneditable lots. I use it all the time for the vacation homes in Granite Falls.

It’s bb.enablefreebuild.
    And if you have no active household living in the dorm, you can edit it from the world screen.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    I think you can use testingcheats and use ‘remove from household’ to make them townies. They should still live in the dorm as your roommates if that’s what you want
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    Livin in SimLivin in Sim Posts: 1,145 Member
    Yes, I believe once they're not in your household, you can click on an available bed in the dorm where you live, and see if they are in that Assign Bed menu. If so, you can assign them to that bed. They will then live in your dorm as an NPC.
  • Options
    Phantasi33Phantasi33 Posts: 181 Member
    Turn on testingcheats true and shift click the sim you want to remove and click "remove from family" it will remove the sim you don't want to play from your household and keep them in the dorm as NPC roommates.
  • Options
    RavenclawRules09RavenclawRules09 Posts: 2 New Member
    I added the sim/s that I didn't have control of and I wanted to remove to my household and then made them split from the household and move and gave them a house to live in. Even though it was still registered as a household they were out of my way
  • Options
    RavenclawRules09RavenclawRules09 Posts: 2 New Member
    Actually, you can move them to your household bin by pressing the x at the bottom. I hope this helps :)
  • Options
    EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Thanks for adding that advise @RavenclawRules09. I'm sure it will help future readers :)

We'll close this out here to limit necroposting. Thanks.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top