Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member
    edited September 2022
    AlJay wrote: »
    Oh @luckyheather that is scary when that happens. I tend to go in panic mode and start saving everything to a USB.

Yes I was close to that lol, I had just got an ebay order for a small torch so that was useful as the side of my comp is tinted glass and I could see the dust! so I used a small brush and a new duster :) I am so happy it worked. By the way I have just added interior screenshots in my forum link at last. I dont know why but where the bathroom walls touch the outer walls are darker in wall cover, I thought it was the glass roof but it wasnt I tried, it must be a glitch. I did use your shell and didnt change the shape, I love the round house :)
  • Options
    luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,783 Member

Sorry @icanhassims for not commenting yet, its great to see you back and building again :) Its a lovely home, loving the roof patio area and surrounding landscaping.
  • Options
    simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    By the way my Comp decided to break down complaining of overheating while I was doing it and I had to get the dust off the fans and inside the computer myself! I was worried and it seems ok now :)

Yikes! I’m glad you were able to fix the problem and it’s okay now! I feel like I need to go clean my computer now. 😄

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,102 Member
    @luckyheather and @simsinmysleep ---- That sounds scary! I'm glad your computers are both o.k. now! :)
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Great builds, everyone! B)<3
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    Thank you so very much for your awesome review of my version of your home @AlJay B)<3!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Oh @luckyheather that is scary when that happens. I tend to go in panic mode and start saving everything to a USB.

Yes I was close to that lol, I had just got an ebay order for a small torch so that was useful as the side of my comp is tinted glass and I could see the dust! so I used a small brush and a new duster :) I am so happy it worked. By the way I have just added interior screenshots in my forum link at last. I dont know why but where the bathroom walls touch the outer walls are darker in wall cover, I thought it was the glass roof but it wasnt I tried, it must be a glitch. I did use your shell and didnt change the shape, I love the round house :)

At least you only have those 2 glitches. I have 2 in addition to the darker walls, liely because they're sticking through and not really forming a room. A section of floor in one bedroom which is darker than the rest and needed 2 extra lights to light it up, and a part of the wall that won't show the wallpaper even though it says "nothing to change" when I try to paint it. Don't kno wwhy, that wall was fine last time I looked.
    image.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number: BB32
    Origin ID: SimTresa
    Gallery Name of Build: Seaside Yurt
    Gallery Link:https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E3F9C84E3ACE11ED831865A7CA1A65B2
    Link to album: https://imgur.com/a/vDUVNtP
    Additional Notes: This is a simple home for two merfolk who spend more time in the sea than inside. They do of course have human friends they like to entertain, so there's a guest bedroom and a BBQ pit with seating nearby. I hope you don't mind that I added a cupola up top. I saw some images and just had to do it.
    mD4lp8L.png
    r8ZQseh.png
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Seaside Yurt is a lovely island home! @SimTresa :) Very pretty blue wall colour and the cupola is lovely! Very nice cooking pit and outdoors dining area. The interior furnishings and layout are lovely! Very nice patterned rugs and warm wood walls. The curtains are pretty. Very nice round dining table to enjoy eating meals. The colours and furnishing of the bedrooms are lovely :)
  • Options
    AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,655 Member
    That looks so nice @SimTresa and I love the cupola!!
  • Options
    That looks so nice @SimTresa and I love the cupola!!

Thanks! Glad you like it. :)
    image.png
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Seaside Yurt is a lovely island home! @SimTresa :) Very pretty blue wall colour and the cupola is lovely! Very nice cooking pit and outdoors dining area. The interior furnishings and layout are lovely! Very nice patterned rugs and warm wood walls. The curtains are pretty. Very nice round dining table to enjoy eating meals. The colours and furnishing of the bedrooms are lovely :)

Thanks!
    image.png
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    SimTresa wrote: »
    …a part of the wall that won't show the wallpaper even though it says "nothing to change" when I try to paint it. Don't kno wwhy, that wall was fine last time I looked.

I have that, too. I’ve found that if I change the wall covering right next to it, the new wall covering will change that whole section, bare wall section and all. Then if I change it back, presto, all sections covered with the wall covering I originally chose. But sometimes it disappears and I have to do it again. I decided to move my build to a different world, and that one section of wall covering didn’t make it in the move so it may not survive an upload to the gallery either, I’m thinking. But like you, I loved the shape/size so much I’m keeping it as it is. 🙂

I love your seaside yurt! So pretty, and I love that cupola. It’s absolutely perfect for a couple of merpeople (or me! I would live there in a heartbeat. 😄)

KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    SimTresa wrote: »
    …a part of the wall that won't show the wallpaper even though it says "nothing to change" when I try to paint it. Don't kno wwhy, that wall was fine last time I looked.

I have that, too. I’ve found that if I change the wall covering right next to it, the new wall covering will change that whole section, bare wall section and all. Then if I change it back, presto, all sections covered with the wall covering I originally chose. But sometimes it disappears and I have to do it again. I decided to move my build to a different world, and that one section of wall covering didn’t make it in the move so it may not survive an upload to the gallery either, I’m thinking. But like you, I loved the shape/size so much I’m keeping it as it is. 🙂

I love your seaside yurt! So pretty, and I love that cupola. It’s absolutely perfect for a couple of merpeople (or me! I would live there in a heartbeat. 😄)

I'll have to try that next time. And thanks! Glad you like it. I almost changed my mind because I couldn't get the big roof to stop showing through the bottom of the cupola. Finally figure dout a method that worked though. I built the cupola on top of the roof, then deleted its floor - which took the main ceiling with it and made that section of roof disappear.
    Post edited by SimTresa on
    image.png
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Awesome houses everyone! <3

I had to say that at first I was not going to give a go to this one, I was busy and lazy all the Summer along and I didn't build anything. BUT suddenly that floorplan took back to my memory a lovely bungalow in the Spanish South coast, where my hubby, my kidds and I spent one of the most lovely Summer vacation. And, by chance, I found the old fotos. So thank you so much for this sweet moment, dear @AlJay <3

Of course. it's not the same, because the floorplan is bigger, so I could make bigger rooms and add a bathroom. But they both have the same atmosphere.

1663043459675.jpg

Here I go!

Origin ID: Airis6962
    Gallery Name of Build: Marbella Bungalow
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/5BAEDDB83F1611ED82F0A9EE33151F7C
    Notes: I made it as a rental but it can be played as starter.
    Pictures:

27-09-2022_12-53-52.png
    27-09-2022_12-54-20.png
    27-09-2022_12-55-26.png
    27-09-2022_12-56-21.png
    27-09-2022_12-56-39.png
    27-09-2022_12-57-23.png
    27-09-2022_12-57-41.png
    27-09-2022_12-57-00.png
    27-09-2022_12-57-57.png

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Marbella Bungalow is a very lovely family rental and starter! @AIRIS6962 :) It is very special that you made a sims game version of the place where you stayed with your family <3 You have reflected it very well! Very nice curved walls and great outdoors sitting and dining area. The interior furnishings are lovely! Very nice fireplace sofa sitting area to enjoy watching tv and reading. The rugs are very nice :)
  • Options
    AIRIS6962AIRIS6962 Posts: 5,611 Member

Thank you so much, my dear @rosemow <3
  • Options
    It looks so beautiful @AIRIS6962
    What a wonderful memory <3
  • Options

Such a beautiful build @AIRIS6962 ! I love the white stucco exterior and that shady courtyard area - so pretty! And the interior is so nicely laid out. Lovely! 🙂
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Beautiful yurts everyone! I like each one.

ENTRY FORM

Origin ID:jojoMOMSTER
    Gallery Name of Build:Earthbag Rescue BB32
    Gallery Link: not connecting ATM
    Link to slideshow:https://imgur.com/a/2zq0qIX
    Additional Notes: I love that you chose a yurt @AlJay I've been wanting to build one for a while.
  • Options
    Earthbag Rescue is a very lovely yurt! @JojoMOMSTER :) The alien abduction background details are so very creatvely great! The outdoors rocket dollhouse for Martina is great! Very nice exterior design, very great roofing,and pretty flowers and plants!The interior furnishings are lovely! Very nice black and white colors, and the alien and space posters to reflect their situation are great! Very nice wood furnace :)

• Options
    Your yurt is wonderful @JojoMOMSTER :)
  • Options
    JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,966 Member
    Thank you @rosemow for your kind and observant words. Thank you @AlJay, I’m glad you like it.
  • Options

@JojoMOMSTER , I saw this on the gallery and liked the backstory behind it. I really enjoyed looking at your pics and reading more of the story! It's a super cute yurt, too, very pretty. :)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    Didn't think I was going to meet the deadline! I had unexpected stuff come up two days in a row and didn't get to work on it at all. Lesson learned: Don't leave things 'til the last minute. :)

Origin ID: SimsInMySleep
    Gallery Name of Build: 60s Hippie Commune w/Yurt
    Gallery Link: 60s Hippie Commune w/Yurt
    Link to slideshow: https://simsinmysleep.dreamwidth.org/2299.html
    Additional Notes: I used some non-cc artwork from the gallery in this build (thank you, artists, for sharing!)
    --Roseymow's 'Shabby Chic Wood Love' and 'Vintage Farm Food Signs'
    --Mbarnet's 'Art: Hippie 3'
    --SurfChicCreation's 'Pretty Hippie No 555'

wh4m7Ya.jpg
    KGLsNuM.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top