Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Discover University?

Comments

• Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Maybe
    I guess I should really say YES... I just won't be able to get it on release due to lack of funds but once I can I will definitely be buying this one.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    simsdelamodesimsdelamode Posts: 33 Member
    Maybe
    It depends ! I was wondering if we'd ever get University. I'm just afraid it won't be what I expect it to be.
  • Options
    AjaGioAjaGio Posts: 262 Member
    Yes
    Yep!! Going to pre-order next paycheck :)
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Yes
    Yes, but I didn't preorder. I'm waiting for a 50% off sale, which will hopefully be Black Friday (or Christmas). I've never paid full price for a pack, don't intend to start now!
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Maybe
    Probably eventually, but def. waiting for a sale or a stuff pack release to get it as a bundle, and I'm not 100% sure yet. I'm a live mode player mainly and not interested in the game play unless it turns out the teacher career is playable and children can ride bikes. So I'd be buying it for the cas/build and not being a cas/build type player it's not a pack worth full price to me. I'm guessing when I see the build/cas it'll be worth it on sale though.
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Yes
    Definitely. University and Seasons were my favorite TS3 packs and I've been waiting for it.
  • Options
    _Sandra__Sandra_ Posts: 135 Member
    Yes
    Definitely.
    Even if there are some missing features I still need this in my game. Plus I'm really excited about all the new stuff we get to experience like robotics and even piercings:) I only hope that we can take part in most of the activities/lectures etc. and that it won't be full of rabbit holes.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Yes
    I'm buying it the second it's available to bundle. I haven't bought ROM or Moschino Stuff yet, so I'm definitely prepared for that bundle!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    So I'll do another poll after the livestream so consider this the reveal trailer poll.
    Yes means yes. Even if you plan on waiting for a sale.
    No means no. Absolutely not. Under no circumstances.
    Maybe means undecided. Waiting for more information.

Yes.

Just preordered it Today.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    YES - absolutely! As soon as i can. Looking forward to it. It's all about going to University - what more do I need to know. LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    Yes
    Definitely! Like many others, I've been eagerly awaiting this pack. Not sure if I will buy on release day, may watch a few LPs first and wait for a sale, but regardless - eventually, yes. :)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    Probably. I'd still like more information about what is in the pack but I do think it is an element that is lacking in my game. I thoroughly played the TS2 version.

I hope for a well-developed pack with surprises.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Maybe
    Its a maybe for me now I'm waiting to see if bikes are a one world feature.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    Maybe
    I might buy it at some point in time. But with the new games due to be released soon, I won't bother with DU until after the new year. And most definitely at a discount.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Yes
    The sims team can have more of my money when (if) they deserve it. They keep pumping out shallow packs and charging full price for them.

I’m not buying this pack and I’m not letting anyone else spend money on it for me. My friends and family know I loved the sims, but I’ve been telling them not to buy any sims content for me since Island Living.

I’d rather spend my money on amazing games and DLC content put out by developers who genuinely work to please their players.

I agreed with you until the developers part. Do you really think this is the developers fault and not higher ups? A lot of the gurus have worked on the game since sims 2.

They're given a budget and a deadline assumably and they work with what they're given.

You don't blame the fast food cashier when the price of your taco is a rip off.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Yes
    The sims team can have more of my money when (if) they deserve it. They keep pumping out shallow packs and charging full price for them.

I’m not buying this pack and I’m not letting anyone else spend money on it for me. My friends and family know I loved the sims, but I’ve been telling them not to buy any sims content for me since Island Living.

I’d rather spend my money on amazing games and DLC content put out by developers who genuinely work to please their players.

You should wait till the Livestream cause Frost says thier saving a lot of stuff for that. There is going to be some suprises that the trailer didn't reveal.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Yes
    I will buy it but not for the University gameplay itself. I've just never been a fan of University gameplay. I always like the objects, CAS, and BB that are included in the packs though.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    AphoticLee wrote: »
    I guess I should really say YES... I just won't be able to get it on release due to lack of funds but once I can I will definitely be buying this one.

Don't worry it will go on sale long before New Year's Day does.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Maybe
    I will wait and see what the reviews are first not wasting my money again on this Series. If I do it will be because of the objects in the game I don't think there will be much play content of interest to me. I hope they can use the Bicycle in other worlds if not then that is it for me.
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Maybe
    First maybe ever.....in the entire history of the Sims.
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    Yes
    Definite yes. After all, it'll have sims going to University, going to classess, studying and graduating, which are the bare bones for any Uni pack. Everything else is a bonus <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    Maybe
    perhaps once the new fresh bag of gamebreaking bugs are fixed (because let's be real here: ther WILL be bugs since there Always are with new expansions) and i deem it worth the price.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Yes
    Sims 2 University was one of my favorite packs for that game so I'm excited to see the Sims 4 take on the concept. Maybe while I wait I can try to get the Sims 3 running better so I can play University since I bought the pack last black friday, but haven't played it yet since I wasn't sure if it was allowed in legacy's and that's the only file I currently have going in 3.
  • Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    Yes
    I’ll probably get it half off at Christmas. I never really wanted University but it looks nicer now. Hm..now peoples going to have to find something else to complain about- oh right, farm expansion pack! We need a farm expansion pack! Now sims!

I don’t actually want a farm pack.
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    Yes
    Yup pre-ordered last night through Gamestop
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free