Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you buying Discover University?

Comments

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! University and Seasons are always my favorites!
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    my2pinksmy2pinks Posts: 11 New Member
    Yes
    > @Akl500P said:
    > Probably not on release day because I’m sure I’ll still be enthralled with planet zoo at the time but will be buying it for sure. It looks great!!!

Hahaha! Me too! I am pre-ordering University but I will probably also still be playing planet zoo so won't actually play Sims until close to Thanksgiving.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Maybe
    Although odds are in favor of my getting it eventually, if I think the gameplay elements will be too intrusive/disruptive to the sort of stories I want to play, I may not. I'm not expecting them to be, but based on what I've read about previous versions of the setting, I can't comfortably say they won't.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, for an Expansion pack it doesn't seem to dive too deeply into more than three degrees (and maybe only one is hands on) and doesn't seem to add any new traits (one won't cut it for an EP) and or new aspiratons and or new things to do other than a few objects and seems (trailer and descriptions I have seen) to add any real meaningful gameplay that we don't aleady do in game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    MekoSharkMekoShark Posts: 161 Member
    Yes
    Plum yeah! I've been waiting 5 years for this pack! IDC if it's shallow or not. It is still going to let my YA sims experience college life. The announcement trailer's pack content seemed as if it will sufficiently provide that for my sims. 🤷‍♀️
    Sharks need love too 🦈

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I do not pre-order, in any circumstances, but University is one of my must-have packs, for sure. I am looking forward to it.

Well, there's really no point in preordering it. The digital storefront hosts unlimited copies and is open 24/7/365. In this case, you can't even pre-download. I'll just purchase it on the 15th and play.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Yes
    my2pinks wrote: »
    > @Akl500P said:
    > Probably not on release day because I’m sure I’ll still be enthralled with planet zoo at the time but will be buying it for sure. It looks great!!!

Hahaha! Me too! I am pre-ordering University but I will probably also still be playing planet zoo so won't actually play Sims until close to Thanksgiving.

Same. It'll help the time pass more quickly. But I could never wait until Thanksgiving to play Uni. :p
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe
    I'm interested in it but am worried that we don't know which ages can attend university yet. I thought ROM would be the best thing ever but it wasn't quite as good as expected, so I'll be waiting for a sale. If we can't have mature students I may wait for a really good sale.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Yes
    I will wait for a half off sale, because I always do. But, yes I want it. There's things in the pack I've been waiting for.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes
    > @Akl500P said:

Same. It'll help the time pass more quickly. But I could never wait until Thanksgiving to play Uni. :p

This news about University actually comes at a very good time for me. I don't want to push my story forward until the pack drops, which is fortunate because The Outer Worlds is released tomorrow and I will be spending the bulk of my video game time for the next three or four weeks playing that. By the time I wrap up that game's critical path it will be just about time for University.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Yes
    But I will wait until the bugs are worked out. Maybe I will wait for a sale, but maybe not.
  • Options
    hermioniahermionia Posts: 289 Member
    Maybe
    Probably, but I still need more information on the classes and majors and such.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    OEII1001 wrote: »
    > @Akl500P said:

This news about University actually comes at a very good time for me. I don't want to push my story forward until the pack drops, which is fortunate because The Outer Worlds is released tomorrow and I will be spending the bulk of my video game time for the next three or four weeks playing that. By the time I wrap up that game's critical path it will be just about time for University.

I'm also being tempted by Red Dead Redemption for PC which also releases Nov 5. Same day as Planet Zoo.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Yes
    munroele wrote: »
    May as well! I always love more clothes and hairs, and shower woohoo will be GREAT to have back. I have budgeted the money for it, and having something else to do is always fun!

We've never had shower woohoo before. Though people wanted it, and there was a mod for Sims 2. I guess we did have woohoo in the all-in-one bathroom in Sims 3, so that kinda counts. I miss all the ones that allowed dating Sims to woohoo pretty much anywhere- elevator, photo booth, changing room, car...
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe
    Discover University is triggering the feeling I have towards City Living and Get to Work Slightly.

With City Living, I Liked the concept of the pack, I liked most of the content of the Pack. What I didn't love was San Myshuno itself.
    If I bought City Living, San Myshuno would be unless to me, and to not utilize the world is it worth getting at that point? Like San Myshuno is a good chunk of the Pack. Like Game Consoles, basketball, Politics. I would have loved to use all those features but... Nah I don't like San Myshuno, I just think it's an ugly world. Not really a city I'd want to live in. Give me, Boston, Brooklyn, Providence, Chicago.

With DU, Its sort of the same thing except I love everything, Brightchester, Foxbury, I love the content, Soccer, Sketching, I can't wait to have keg parties. But the education system... I'm giving it major side eye. Another thing is how customizable are Brightchester and Foxbury? I'm fine with Brightchester being a shell... but There Are things, I need to change. Like professors? or are we going to have the same problem, as the Sages in the Realm of Magic? Like is being a Professor a new Career too? I have sims whom I'd prefer be my student's Professor. In a Segment of my Story Professor Griffen teaches History (Ancient History to the Enlightenment). but he's also the School's Soccer Coach. So I would love it if i can install my sims as Teachers.

Get to work I'll make an exception because it was the First Expansion... If Discover University builds off of GTW, I might jump in. Like if Studying Law has a connection to the Detective career, or even politics in CL, I'll say okay I might even Buy City Living. but if there are no ties at all...

If I'm Honest I'm going to wait for Werewolves to be added. I'm reserving the last chunk of Memory on my Laptop for a werewolves GP. Once I have all of my essential Packs. University is an essential, but Werewolves first.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Yes
    Eventually, but I never pay full price for an expansion.
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    No
    Not interested right now, so no. If the pack proves to be beefy, with well made features and a variety of them (I mean it is an expansion after all) and if it launches in a polished state I may think of getting it, preferably on sale.

IL put a really bad taste in my mouth and I won't fall for the same scam again. RoM was also less than impressive and that's why I'm not buying that, probably ever, so....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    KelvinKelvin Posts: 6,899 Member
    Maybe
    When it goes on sale :b
    chicken-run-ginger-i-just-decided-i-dont-care-idc-gif-20619284.gif
    ._.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Yes
    Absolutely! Uni was always right up there with Seasons and Supernaturals. I love that the shower woohoo is back, (YAY!) bicycles, (WOW!) ping pong and juice pong and everything else I've been missing for the past 5 years. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    Yes
    Yes!! :p
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited October 2019
    Maybe
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    I will wait for a half off sale, because I always do. But, yes I want it. There's things in the pack I've been waiting for.

Same here, lucky for me I am patient.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited October 2019
    Yes
    Yes. I've already pre-ordered it. University has things that I want in my game.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    Yes
    I have been waiting for this pack for ages. The trailer looks great (of course, they're supposed to!). There are things I'd like to know more about, such as, whether bicycles will be for all worlds and whether there will be more course choices. I know I'll be getting it because I've always loved university packs.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    Yes
    Yes, it's a must like Seasons. And I'm glad to see a pack I'm interested in after having skipped several recent packs.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    No
    Absolutely not. I'm done putting my hard earned money toward packs that act like young adults are the only life stage that exist.