Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Happy Holidays Gift Exchange 2019 - Gifting is Done!

Comments

• Options
    suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    Aww, I didn't get to see Luna cat. Tried three browsers so I guess she left. Teehee.

It's been cold here for couple days. Friday was nice, since then not so much. I'm not a fan of cold - I stay in the house unless the dogs need to go out. They know better than to ask too often.

I do love the bed, chairs, sofa, even end tables in Diesel - but yes, with the stencils removed. I use some of the clothes frequently, too. As for the KPST clothes, I hadn't thought about them showing up on townies. :s Oh well, I usually can't resist redressing them anyway. :D My copy will be here sometime this week, and we'll see how many makeovers I do after that. ;)
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited November 2019
    @suzses I've had a few bartenders show up for work in cupcake bras, but it's less likely to be rolled as random clothing if you are adding it to an already existing game and aren't spawning a lot of new townies. I like to use a clean save of towns for building lots so that I don't mess with the town progression too much while testing, so I see some... looks.

@Ciane good luck with CaSTing, I like watching baking shows on netflix too. I like to fall asleep to the Great British Baking Show. It's one of the most relaxing things to watch ever.
    Post edited by Jessabeans on
  • Options
    @Jessabeans I do the same when building. A cupcake bra might give me a good laugh - for a minute right before I redress the sim. ;)
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    @suzses, how do you remove the stencils?
  • Options
    edited November 2019

You can remove them with this mod. http://modthesims.info/d/478307/remove-stencils-overlays-from-build-buy-cas-objects-in-game-edited-01-16-2014.html

and on the opposite side of things, Mr. Hawk and Ciane have unlocked extra stencils for things. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4894476

I'm not suzses, but I am procrastinating.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

@Jessabeans You're just beating me to the answer sooner. :) I think I'm procrastinating, too. @60smusicluvr And yes, that's the mod I use. Before I found it, I used to save ones other people had done as recolors, and then I could use them and recolor them again to my heart's content.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member
    edited November 2019
    suzses wrote: »
    I stay in the house unless the dogs need to go out. They know better than to ask too often.

I wish my dogs knew better. I think they just want me to get more Vitamin D, so they keep trying to get me out in the sun for 10 minutes.

I couldn't get the pic either.

MrHawk unlocked them (and some more were unlocked by @Bily_jednorozec. I just built a lot that contained all the ones I had as so many were asking for the unlocked stencils all on one lot. Unfortunately, I didn't have all the bonus content, so there were six items I didn't include (that are listed in the upload pics). So, one still has to wade through MrHawk's studio if one has any of that bonus content.

The deco mod is great though, because you can use it to remove some filters or layers that might not be the look you'd want. With it, you don't need to save the plain presets. However, I find it simpler to have the plain presets saved than to use the mod, because I need a sim moved in to activate that mod, and I usually CASt before moving in a sim and play testing.
  • Options
    LMC6255LMC6255 Posts: 940 Member
    Aww, I didn't get to see Luna cat. Tried three browsers so I guess she left. Teehee.

It's been cold here for couple days. Friday was nice, since then not so much. I'm not a fan of cold - I stay in the house unless the dogs need to go out. They know better than to ask too often.

I do love the bed, chairs, sofa, even end tables in Diesel - but yes, with the stencils removed. I use some of the clothes frequently, too. As for the KPST clothes, I hadn't thought about them showing up on townies. :s Oh well, I usually can't resist redressing them anyway. :D My copy will be here sometime this week, and we'll see how many makeovers I do after that. ;)

I thought you had Amazon Prime, I got mine on last Thursday even though I ordered it Tuesday morning, I was suppose to get it on Wednesday, but there was a small delay.. I thought you might have gotten it already... When you get it and register your game with EA, I discovered that you have to use register a game instead of redeem a code.. I just thought I'd mention that to you to save you some time.. Otherwise, just follow the direction on the box and DVD step by step and it works great.. I hope you enjoy doing makeovers when you get KPST!

It must be very cold where you live.. Well I wouldn't mind if it got a little colder, here in Florida.. A lot of people think I'm lucky cause I live in SW Florida, actually I miss having seasons.. I grew up in California and I really miss the weather there..
  • Options
    Jessabeans wrote: »

You can remove them with this mod. http://modthesims.info/d/478307/remove-stencils-overlays-from-build-buy-cas-objects-in-game-edited-01-16-2014.html

and on the opposite side of things, Mr. Hawk and Ciane have unlocked extra stencils for things. https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=4894476

I tried that mod last year when Jools did a video on it and couldn't figure it out... I might try it again, because there items that I wouldn't mind having without stencils.. :)
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Our Prime ran out, so I just ordered it with free shipping. Sometimes that takes a bit longer, and sometimes it doesn't.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    LMC6255 wrote: »
    I tried that mod last year when Jools did a video on it and couldn't figure it out... I might try it again, because there items that I wouldn't mind having without stencils.. :)

We'll help you with it. :) There are two versions of it. The one at the link is used in live mode, and it's the one I have, so I know how to use it.

My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    I wish my dogs knew better. I think they just want me to get more Vitamin D, so they keep trying to get me out in the sun for 10 minutes.

@ciane I'm sure they've just trying to take care of you. ;) I bought a Vitamin D supplement for the winter. When it's warm and sunny, one of my dogs likes to go lay on her back and stay in one spot for at least that long. That's too long for me not to move, although I don't mind being out when the weather's nice. I'd just rather stroll around a little. Our dogs cannot be left out unleashed, both because of the type of neighborhood we have and because one of them really, really does not like other dogs.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options

The mod function only shows up when you have testingcheatsenabled true and while in live mode.
  • Options

We'll help you with it. :) There are two versions of it. The one at the link is used in live mode, and it's the one I have, so I know how to use it.

@suzses Thank you! I see, I must have gotten a version that didn't work.. I followed Jools instructions, yet it would not get rid of the stencils.. I'll try the link, I appreciate the help! :)

• Options
    edited November 2019
    @LMC6255 Our Prime ran out, so I just ordered it with free shipping. Sometimes that takes a bit longer, and sometimes it doesn't.

Before getting Prime when I used to order from Amazon it would take longer, sometimes you do get it sooner.. You can track it from your orders..
  • Options

The mod function only shows up when you have testingcheatsenabled true and while in live mode.

I don't remember if I put the cheats on.. I think I still have the file, although I plan to download the version from link you posted.. :)
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Do you work for Amazon? :D Just kidding. Almost all my shopping is online, so I can usually find my way around.
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
  • Options
    @LMC6255 Do you work for Amazon? :D Just kidding. Almost all my shopping is online, so I can usually find my way around.

No, but I wish I did! I do believe my commision check will be coming in the mail any day now.. :D
  • Options
    @Jessabeans I see you have been trying a couple of new avatars! They look nice! I have wanted to replace to my avatar for a while, I'm sick of the goofy smile! ;)
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    @Jessabeans I see you have been trying a couple of new avatars! They look nice! I have wanted to replace to my avatar for a while, I'm sick of the goofy smile! ;)

Thanks, I was looking in my old photobucket account today and found some old screenshots. I found some old WIPs of builds I never finished too, boo.
  • Options
    edited November 2019

Thanks, I was looking in my old photobucket account today and found some old screenshots. I found some old WIPs of builds I never finished too, boo.

I understand how you feel.. I am kind of relieved today since I got the lion's share done on my third gift, still have testing, screen shots, tweaking and all that good stuff, and only two weeks, but I am relieved.. Have you gotten a lot done this weekend?
  • Options
    cianeciane Posts: 16,996 Member

@ciane I'm sure they've just trying to take care of you. ;) I bought a Vitamin D supplement for the winter. When it's warm and sunny, one of my dogs likes to go lay on her back and stay in one spot for at least that long. That's too long for me not to move, although I don't mind being out when the weather's nice. I'd just rather stroll around a little. Our dogs cannot be left out unleashed, both because of the type of neighborhood we have and because one of them really, really does not like other dogs.

We've a fenced backyard, so I just have to let them out and back in again. Though they are more likely to go out if I go out too!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited November 2019
    Awesome- I love watching the Great British Baking Show, too. They're so nice to each other and helpful, so not like H-ll's Kitchen and Master Chef, which got me watching that type of show.

And Yay! I've found a lot of missing things and stuff to fix but I played 2 Sim weeks and it went fine. A bit more, maybe 2 more weeks with different Sims, and I'll have most of the misses. I won't catch them all but I'll try to most.

Okay, If you're not my buddy you can see this hint. :mrgreen:

WHKyTrB.jpg

Oopsie - wrong game. ;):cookie:
  • Options
    60smusicluvr60smusicluvr Posts: 1,982 Member
    edited November 2019

Thank you, @Jessabeans. I actually already have the extra stencils from Mr. Hawk through @ciane's creative build. @suzses you're still very much appreciated. :smiley:

Okay. Gotta catch up with all the posts, now.
  • Options

I understand how you feel.. I am kind of relieved today since I got the lion's share done on my third gift, still have testing, screen shots, tweaking and all that good stuff, and only two weeks, but I am relieved.. Have you gotten a lot done this weekend?

It's wonderful that you are mostly done with your gift. I would much rather finish early than scramble too. I didn't get much done yesterday, but there's still time so I'm staying optimistic for now.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top