Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

what is this nonsense???

DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
I have no clue if this is supposed to be funny but since when do the premade sages get replaced by fresh spawned aggrevating random uglyzoids??? for heavens sake!!! stop causing the game to spawn so many of that vermin!! and no the premade sages aren't dead so that isn't the cause. why….just why??? is it so much to ask to have at least some gameplay that doesn't involve being forced to mingle with the random generated trash??? i hate them and don't want them to bother my sims at all

Comments

• Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Did the premade sages get moved into houses? Because that causes it too.
  • Options
    not that i am aware of?? i never touched Morgyn at all but atm he is replaced by this piece of trash -.- and it really makes me angry.

d2nHTCJ.png

i deleted the previous one (also an elder -.- just to have more ghosts clutter the game) and Morgyn was back for a few moments then this piece of vermin spawned and took over
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited September 2019
    Did the game give them jobs? When the game gives the sages jobs, they will be replaced by a random sim while they are at work but will reappear as sages outside of their work hours.

This happened to my mischief mage who the game gave a job.

For anyone having the same problem, I was able to use MCCC to get the mischief mage to quit her career following Bonxie’s instructions here:
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Is there a way to make a townie quit their job?

Not really quitting like your active sim. But if you have the debug command options undhidden and enabled, you can remove the career from any random sim. Just shift click the sim and choose Cheat Sim Info > Remove Career.
    y4mEyM_o0rwdVlNqZx_TxeGLPen815-TWF63Ky59IQR3tAa7oPzzTv5aUV3MTl8UVgQ24p45VQOeHBqMnvCn2pVnhQ2G7Kd5uTd25OXtKXcG9o2Jky-ssFxnh785Emn0jutAgmPnA_A1kWsr77_6C66-I-KF2XNjgN3cQN9Y-F6RtX2RWZFuZ_z2WvTTqixYUG-xMmxzrBG9MHagkwUt0JHfw?width=690&height=364&cropmode=none

The option 'Remove Career' is only available if the selected sim already has a career, also the options 'Promote Career: <careername>' and 'Demote Career: <careername>'. If not, only 'Add Career' is available.

You can enable the debug command options with these MCCC settings:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Testing Cheats
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Both have to be set to 'Enabled'.

Make a backup of your game data, before you start. Then you will have a fallback option, if you're not happy with the results of the cheats.

I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the sages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed. Also I have frozen their aging with MCCC since if they die they get replaced and I have flagged them as homeless so the game doesn’t move them in to houses. I also used MCCC to flag them for no marriage since if they get married MCCC will move them in with their spouse and (I suspect) this. Abuses them to lose sage status.
  • Options
    and just when i was so pleased to finally see some form of immersion: 3 recognizable teachers with matching traits to their schools of magic instead of some random trahsheap… if the game made proper randoms it wouldn't bother me as much but god!!! why do they ALWAYS need to be so darn whacky and hideous?? ALWAYS those freaking pearshaped ugly elder males!! Always those obese weird females with those tiny eyes and fat lips and mismatching outfits, skin tones and hair color…. why do they Always have to be pitch dark with either light blonde or red hair??? and don't even get me started on those stupid mustaches or goaties the males Always have. it is extremely aggrevating for me especially because they are extremely dominant in the game!! there is no single thing you can do in the game without them being forced into my sim's lives even tho i don't want to interact with them… kind of off-topic i know but it also isn't: can't there be a single thing in the game which doesn't end up causing more random generated sims to pollute my world???
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @MaggieMarley does the game even do that to homeless townies?? i never saw this happen be4 the patch and i haven't touched Morgyn or the other sages myself… i also don't use MCCC so that can't be it... i will keep an eye on this tho…. i do want the ultimate spells in the end but i flat out refuse to greet or even let my sims look at a random generated piece of trash… and keeping the random generated out of your sims lives is a challenge of it's own! trust me XD i feel like a police man each time my sims leave their home because the randoms are so darn dominantly present in the game. it really gets on my nerves how much the game favors them over premades and my own housed sims
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    @MaggieMarley does the game even do that to homeless townies?? i never saw this happen be4 the patch and i haven't touched Morgyn or the other sages myself… i also don't use MCCC so that can't be it... i will keep an eye on this tho…. i do want the ultimate spells in the end but i flat out refuse to greet or even let my sims look at a random generated piece of trash...

I made a thread about the sages disappearing here and someone who does not use mods at all had their sage employed as a gardener. You can find out for sure by asking your sages about their career.
  • Options
    @MaggieMarley does the game even do that to homeless townies?? i never saw this happen be4 the patch and i haven't touched Morgyn or the other sages myself… i also don't use MCCC so that can't be it... i will keep an eye on this tho…. i do want the ultimate spells in the end but i flat out refuse to greet or even let my sims look at a random generated piece of trash...

I made a thread about the sages disappearing here and someone who does not use mods at all had their sage employed as a gardener. You can find out for sure by asking your sages about their career.

i see… hmm gonna keep an eye on that then. in the worst case i'll just kill off the random pear when i need the spell. by wiping their smug faces off the earth at least the premade sage will return for a moment so i can get the spell from them then i guess thus avoid getting a random trashheap in my friends list whom then won't quit pestering me with those extremely aggrevating Phone calls...

• Options
    SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I have no clue if this is supposed to be funny but since when do the premade sages get replaced by fresh spawned aggrevating random uglyzoids??? for heavens sake!!! stop causing the game to spawn so many of that vermin!! and no the premade sages aren't dead so that isn't the cause. why….just why??? is it so much to ask to have at least some gameplay that doesn't involve being forced to mingle with the random generated trash??? i hate them and don't want them to bother my sims at all

Since when they're picked as barmans..... flag them as freeze career in MCCC <- it only works if they're not employeed already.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    When a Sage is absent from the Realm, the balance of forces requires the office be held by a qualified proxy or substitute.

The Sage you have as a stand-in for Morgyn was replacing Simeon (Practical Sage) in my game for a bit. In that save, my Sim determined that Simeon had undertaken a career, and had work hours to observe.

Killing of the substitute might not bring the original back. It may spawn Sub #2 in that role. More efficient is to have a potion of Forced Friendship in reserve. Or simply perform the five to ten friendly interactions required to get them well enough acquainted to teach you.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I hate situational outfits I get that there needs to be people in the realm of Magic, by all means take my other households, I just don’t appreciate the game changing their outfits. I prefer, especially the sims I’ve Created, to come as I dressed them.

Also, I’ve Finally customized my Sages, and really hope they stay, one of them for some reason left the Realm of magic and a New one spawned. I just removed the new one from the game and the original I modified stepped back in.

But I agree whole heartedly tho, I honestly would like a mod, where Other NPCs and Townies don’t spawn in the realm.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    ohh i honestly don't mind premade sims or sims i made myself to spawn there as new casters. i actually like it tbh, i just don't like random generated trash.. especially the pears...i HATE the pears! not just becauise almost every single male is a pear but they make me vomit and i am not easily disgusted by looks but boy did the sims 4 random generated sims manage! and it's just how much the game overprioretizes them! like who gives a darn about Genji Ghomari?? i want to befriend the Goths and the rebels (well..just Morgan actually) but the game keeps sending the random generated trash after me wherever i go. and this is where the realm shines!! just remove any random generated trash made caster from the game and eventually there will be only premades or sims i created that wilkl be casters :D and hey!! gyess what the requirements have become for all my clubs?? yup you guessed it! No elder pears allowed in my clubs and thus my private rooms on each lot to keep that vermin away from my sims! i love it <3
  • Options
    @MasonGamer I use a mod by Zero which stops existing townies being made into spellcasters and another mod by Zero which stops non-spellcasters accessing the realm. Those might interest you. As for the sages changing, that’s most likely due to the game assigning them careers. I made a post earlier in this thread about how to fix that. It is annoying that we need mods for these sorts of things.
  • Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    This just happened to my Morgyn as well! He was replaced by some female sage and now Morgyn have decided to become an art critique... It's kinda funny in a way but also annoying since I only want Morgyn to be a sage and no one else. God I hate this random sim generator. Why couldn't they just have programmed in static npcs that will always be the same??
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Icewolf wrote: »
    God I hate this random sim generator. Why couldn't they just have programmed in static npcs that will always be the same??

same here... it just takes a few ingame days (unless you play as a hermit) and some lot visits to literally flood the world with random garbage sims, and i mean tons of homeless single sims...it takes forever to delete them each time i load a save just to have tons of new ones within a few sim days -.- . if at least the game was good at creating new townies it wouldn't even bother me as much as it does now but literally 90% of all generated sims i have seen are utter trash: they look disgusting, especially the males (young adults looking like old geezers, Always the pear shape Always tiny eyes and fat lips and just...uggglyyy they just disgust me and i am NOT easily disgusted by someones looks!) >.< they have the most whacky outfits and mismatching traits/aspirations. there is just NOTHING to like about the randoms yet they are so severely dominant in the game: if enough spawn they just take over the place and you'll rarely ever see premades and/or own creations ever again! and yeah...i never understood the need to have dozens of DJ's, mailmen/women and other work NPC's, and in many cases they don't even do their jobs and the game uses premade families instead to fill the roles so the random garbage can pester, haunt and stalk your sims all day.

and if someone wants to yell off-topic? nope because this is what bothers me: now the sage mechanic is becoming yet ANOTHER cause of the random townie generation issue i have with this game and it annoys me greatly because i am already avoiding tons of gameplay to reduce this obnoxious generation of random trash

• Options
    IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    God I hate this random sim generator. Why couldn't they just have programmed in static npcs that will always be the same??

same here... it just takes a few ingame days (unless you play as a hermit) and some lot visits to literally flood the world with random garbage sims, and i mean tons of homeless single sims...it takes forever to delete them each time i load a save just to have tons of new ones within a few sim days -.- . if at least the game was good at creating new townies it wouldn't even bother me as much as it does now but literally 90% of all generated sims i have seen are utter trash: they look disgusting, especially the males (young adults looking like old geezers, Always the pear shape Always tiny eyes and fat lips and just...uggglyyy they just disgust me and i am NOT easily disgusted by someones looks!) >.< they have the most whacky outfits and mismatching traits/aspirations. there is just NOTHING to like about the randoms yet they are so severely dominant in the game: if enough spawn they just take over the place and you'll rarely ever see premades and/or own creations ever again! and yeah...i never understood the need to have dozens of DJ's, mailmen/women and other work NPC's, and in many cases they don't even do their jobs and the game uses premade families instead to fill the roles so the random garbage can pester, haunt and stalk your sims all day.

and if someone wants to yell off-topic? nope because this is what bothers me: now the sage mechanic is becoming yet ANOTHER cause of the random townie generation issue i have with this game and it annoys me greatly because i am already avoiding tons of gameplay to reduce this obnoxious generation of random trash

Yeah I agree. I hate the townies and they're almost always ugly with their ugly mismatched clothes. And I really hate that the game generates random, lonely elders, ugh. My game is also generating random single child households, 🐸🐸🐸🐸?

But I did actually manage to get my Morgyn back! I deleted the new sage in the household manager and bam, Morgyn is back as a sage!
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the sages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed. Also I have frozen their aging with MCCC since if they die they get replaced and I have flagged them as homeless so the game doesn’t move them in to houses. I also used MCCC to flag them for no marriage since if they get married MCCC will move them in with their spouse and (I suspect) this. Abuses them to lose sage status.
    I had MCCC marry off my mischief sage and move her to Windenburg (she also had a baby girl). So far she still always shows in the realm as a sage, and kept the makeover I gave her. I also use the same two mods by Zero that you have mentioned, not sure if that helps with keeping the sages as is?
  • Options
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I had MCCC marry off my mischief sage and move her to Windenburg (she also had a baby girl). So far she still always shows in the realm as a sage, and kept the makeover I gave her. I also use the same two mods by Zero that you have mentioned, not sure if that helps with keeping the sages as is?
    Good to know that marriage doesn’t remove them from their sage roles (so long as they stay unplayed, I assume). I thought it might do. Still, I think I won’t risk it with mine. I don’t think the mods by Zero have any affect on the sages but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    Good to know that marriage doesn’t remove them from their sage roles (so long as they stay unplayed, I assume). I thought it might do. Still, I think I won’t risk it with mine. I don’t think the mods by Zero have any affect on the sages but I could be wrong.
    I have kept her unplayed, I used MCCC to edit her appearance. I’m going to use the MCCC settings for employment & aging that you mentioned to be safe..thanks for sharing that! I wish this game didn’t generate so many extra Sims, although I do seem to be getting some much better looking Sims since installing this pack (by better I mean unique, not the same pear shapes the OP is getting).
  • Options
    I have kept her unplayed, I used MCCC to edit her appearance. I’m going to use the MCCC settings for employment & aging that you mentioned to be safe..thanks for sharing that! I wish this game didn’t generate so many extra Sims, although I do seem to be getting some much better looking Sims since installing this pack (by better I mean unique, not the same pear shapes the OP is getting).
    No worries. Glad it helped :) I don’t personally mind the game generated sims or their appearance so I don’t usually run in to problems with townies. But it sure did annoy me when I saw that one of my sages had been replaced. They need to fix that.
  • Options
    To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member

Yeah I agree. I hate the townies and they're almost always ugly with their ugly mismatched clothes. And I really hate that the game generates random, lonely elders, ugh. My game is also generating random single child households, plum?

But I did actually manage to get my Morgyn back! I deleted the new sage in the household manager and bam, Morgyn is back as a sage!

This usually works for me too

—T
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member

I have to agree about the townies. I think you can have limits set in MCCC (I haven't actually played much since before IL). I have also made or download sims, lots of sims from the gallery and if I put them in my homeless population, often they will be use for the needed spawn of townies.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    why don't you use townies overhaul less fame?
    https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    this totally stops the randoms from being generated
  • Options

Nope, it doesn't. If they get picked by the game as mixologists the game will replace them. I'm Zero.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 703 Member
    @SiliClone I think that the mod townies overhaul less fame is not compatible with MCC though.
  • Options
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @SiliClone I think that the mod townies overhaul less fame is not compatible with MCC though.

I use both just fine.