The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Disappearing sages

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
Yesterday when I was playing ROM I noticed that the mischief sage had been replaced with some random dude.

I figured that it must be a glitch so I rolled back a save. Same thing happened: after a while, the mischief sage was replaced.

Rolled back another save: same thing. The original mischief sage was replaced. But then, weirdly, when I came back the next day the original mischief sage had returned.

I don’t know what could be causing this. I have not been playing her and I have not moved her into a house - nor has the game moved her into a house. I have not edited the sage’s HQ.

Has this happened to anyone else? I’m disappointed since I wanted to keep all the original sages.

Comments

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Just delete the new sage from manage households and it will put the old sage back.

Happened to me but I think it’s because my sage is also employed as a gardener 🤷🏼‍♂️ Now she walks around dressed like one. But still a sage lol

—T
  • simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I just noticed that Morgyn has been replaced, I checked on him with mccc and he has been given a job of babysitter. I think this has something to do with it. Do you you have mccc and if so could yours also have been given jobs by it?
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
    simm621 wrote: »
    I just noticed that Morgyn has been replaced, I checked on him with mccc and he has been given a job of babysitter. I think this has something to do with it. Do you you have mccc and if so could yours also have been given jobs by it?

No I don’t use mods so it's the game giving them jobs. Try removing it if you can. I don’t know how to do that.

—T
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    The career thing was correct! She returned to Magic HQ as a sage and my sim asked her what her career is. She replied that she is an executive chef. A random townie must be taking her place as sage when she goes to work as a chef.

Well, not on my watch! I guess I need to disable the feature of MCCC (which I had totally forgotten about)
    Anyone know how I can get her to quit her job without playing her?

No sorry, I was wondering myself.

—T
    For anyone having the same problem, I was able to use MCCC to get the mischief mage to quit her career following Bonxie’s instructions here:
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Is there a way to make a townie quit their job?

Not really quitting like your active sim. But if you have the debug command options undhidden and enabled, you can remove the career from any random sim. Just shift click the sim and choose Cheat Sim Info > Remove Career.
    y4mEyM_o0rwdVlNqZx_TxeGLPen815-TWF63Ky59IQR3tAa7oPzzTv5aUV3MTl8UVgQ24p45VQOeHBqMnvCn2pVnhQ2G7Kd5uTd25OXtKXcG9o2Jky-ssFxnh785Emn0jutAgmPnA_A1kWsr77_6C66-I-KF2XNjgN3cQN9Y-F6RtX2RWZFuZ_z2WvTTqixYUG-xMmxzrBG9MHagkwUt0JHfw?width=690&height=364&cropmode=none

The option 'Remove Career' is only available if the selected sim already has a career, also the options 'Promote Career: <careername>' and 'Demote Career: <careername>'. If not, only 'Add Career' is available.

You can enable the debug command options with these MCCC settings:
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Testing Cheats
    Computer:MCCC > MCCC Settings > Notification / Console / Menu Settings > Console Command Settings > Debug Commands in Cheats

Both have to be set to 'Enabled'.

Make a backup of your game data, before you start. Then you will have a fallback option, if you're not happy with the results of the cheats.

I have also used MCCC to set adult employment levels to zero and have flagged each of the mages with MCCC to have their ‘career’ frozen so that they remain unemployed.
    edited September 2019
    To7m wrote: »

—T

@To7m I found a way. See my post above.

—T

@To7m I found away. See my post above.

I don’t use MCCC. It would need to be without mods. I’ll google it later. Thanks anyway.

—T

—T

@To7m I found away. See my post above.

I don’t use MCCC. It would need to be without mods. I’ll google it later. Thanks anyway.

—T
    No worries. Hope you find a way.
    I just played him enough to have him quit his job and evicted him then marked him as unplayed. I figured he was already borked so gave that a try. Then I deleted the sage that took over from him but the game just replaced with a different sim. I tried deleting them too but Morgyn was not chosen to replace them. But I did remove the career module of mccc so it (hopefully) doesn't happen again in another save, assuming it's the mod that's the culprit.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @simm621 sages have a lot of hidden (and one reward) traits that vanish the moment they become played, that's why morgyn never went back to becoming a sage for you. it's a kind of frustrating thing
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @simm621 sages have a lot of hidden (and one reward) traits that vanish the moment they become played, that's why morgyn never went back to becoming a sage for you. it's a kind of frustrating thing

That sucks :( Oh well I'll just have to forget him returning as a sage this save. Feel sorry for him though, he's just wandering round with no home and lost his sage status now and to top it off I just beat him in a duel.
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited September 2019
    simm621 wrote: »

No I don’t use mods so it's the game giving them jobs. Try removing it if you can. I don’t know how to do that.

—T

Yeah idk what they did but the game's assigning stuff left and right - creating random spellcasters (meaning that I won't be using spellcasters in my established save until they fix that), adding jobs (which I appreciated so far, cause it's only ever done this to normal sims where it didn't before and I like that, but I hope it won't give jobs to my sages too :D), changing clothes all the time even for played households. I think they had a little coding mix-up somewhere?
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    on the clothing bit, it seems like the spellcasters have a 'festival code' type thing when they're in the realm of magic, supposed to be dressed primarily in rom style clothing and if they do get rom stuff, they tend to stay in it when they go back to the realm, but if they get 'normal' stuff, it's vastly different each time they return to the realm

this includes played sims when you're not playing them. the only exceptions i've seen so far are the default premades (each of which has a unique hidden trait with their name in it, as seen in the example below from grace anansi). sims created to replace sages (and are not just the existing sages edited) even seem to change into whatever outfits the original sage wore around, which is... weird

grace's hidden traits:
    ea735fe8f8f18780ef59da222c9ea622.png

also, on the random spellcaster thing... there seems to be a number of spellcaster townies the game wants that have a specific handful of hidden traits (these all start with 'magic_fixups'). and if you have sims visit the bar in glimmerbrook, it's coded to only allow spellcasters, even though there's no lot trait for that... because of that coding, the bartenders and bar regulars spawned for it will be casters, as will sims for bear, knight, and ghost nights... that winds up being a way to fill up on tons of spellcasters. none of those have the 'fixups' traits, so you'd still get a handful created by going to the realm of magic