Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lower quantity of content, does the pack worth it ?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It depends on the pack
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    The issue is that not everybody is a live mode player. Some mostly hang in CAS. Others stick to build/buy. If they have a compromise in any three of these categories, they are alienating a good chunk of their player base with whichever pack they're choosing to release.

IMHO, a good amount of the packs fail to deliver in all three categories. I'm primarily a live mode player, and I don't think we've seen a Sims game with as bad gameplay as The Sims 4.

I play only in live mode and it has my favourite game play of the Sims games haha.

But yeah, everything is a matter of taste. And the amount of items doesn't matter to me so much as what they are. I rarely use all (or even most) of the build/cas stuff anyways and tend to buy packs for my few favourite items lol
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    I feel the quantity of gameplay is also lower in the 3 latest packs.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It depends on the pack
    APotts wrote: »
    I am becoming very disappointed as each new pack release brings less & less to the game.

I do appreciate the overall look of Sims 4, but as they say "beauty is only skin deep'. When gameplay is so shallow, and new packs don't hold your interest for longer than a weekend, what is to look forward too? it just feels so pointless.

I think to myself, "I want University" but then again it will be a shadow of what we got in Sims 2&3, so maybe I don't want it after all. Such a shame.
    It's going to be the next EP with a November 15th release date according to product ids of at least three Target stores. I am slightly disappointed that I was hoping it would be more than uni but an education pack, but I guess Go to School mod is still going to have to be used even when the pack is released.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Scobre wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    This year's packs have been a huge let down to me....so far. I honestly didn't even know they had the least amount of items to begin with, which is odd in itself since I don't even think the quality has improved....and it's not like the packs have newer, deeper gameplay, so....

I mean....it should be that supposedly less items means greater focus on gameplay and/or quality but this hasn't happened. There's maybe a slight increase of quality when it comes to CAS or Buy, but we are still getting lacking short term gameplay, rabbit holes and buggy features to say the least so.... even still, getting a full set of anything is becoming really rare, IL didn't have a full bathroom set, nor a full kitchen set....it's easy to see they are cutting corners. In TS3 we would get full sets of more than one room plus a few.
    I actually like two out of three packs that came out this year. I adore Island Living because it shows the gameplay of me growing up at the beach like playing in the waves as a toddler. Realms of Magic is nice with gameplay so far too. Yeah I do wish both packs had matching cabinets. I also think the gameplay beyond just adults is lacking tremendously beyond just these two packs. Moschino well honestly think is the worst SP get more so than Cool Kitchens and My First Pets because it only represents the top 1% rich of the world and was only a PR brand pack which is the worst to hit the franchise in my opinion. You would think they would have picked a brand that the other 99% of the world could afford to buy and use. I am well aware of the bugs and still waiting for Get to Work the very first EP to get fixed.

I'm not sure what MFP has to do with the 1%. Maybe Moschino, since the partnership was meant to promote both brands and attract Simmers to buy Moschino clothing, and it is out of the range of middle & working class. The same could be said for the Diesel pack from S3.

However, there's another way of looking at packs that add luxury-type items - it allows players to decorate their Sim homes in a style they can't afford in real life. When I first started playing the Sims, I was a self-supporting student. The last thing I wanted to do was decorate my houses in second-hand furniture, apartment-white walls and leaky fixtures. I could dress my Sims in clothing that wasn't worn and washed and falling apart.

I can't see a Target pack appealing, because it's not a particular style. There is nothing unique about clothes you buy at Target. You can buy the same thing at WalMart or similar stores.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It depends on the pack

I'm not sure what MFP has to do with the 1%. Maybe Moschino, since the partnership was meant to promote both brands and attract Simmers to buy Moschino clothing, and it is out of the range of middle & working class. The same could be said for the Diesel pack from S3.

However, there's another way of looking at packs that add luxury-type items - it allows players to decorate their Sim homes in a style they can't afford in real life. When I first started playing the Sims, I was a self-supporting student. The last thing I wanted to do was decorate my houses in second-hand furniture, apartment-white walls and leaky fixtures. I could dress my Sims in clothing that wasn't worn and washed and falling apart.

I can't see a Target pack appealing, because it's not a particular style. There is nothing unique about clothes you buy at Target. You can buy the same thing at WalMart or similar stores.
    Oh no it doesn't don't worry. I know there are far more people who love hamsters. Honestly forgot about that pack and never got it, so shows how much of an impression those packs make on me. I do think Get Famous was a better way at promoting this for a broader audience. True I do like shopping at both stores. I guess the thing about Moschino is it does look like second-hand furniture and clothing you could find at a Goodwill for a huge fraction of the cost and honestly I don't find it original as a brand. H&M and IKEA stuff, those things attracted a larger audience and honestly I remember them even years later. Plus with the whole Target leak of the university pack, doubt they'll do a partnership with them now. I just think Moschino will be easily be forgotten as a SP just because of the appeal to people. Plus it is like mainly YA female stuff anyways, so there are tons of packs that appeal to that and to the photography skill anyways. It doesn't bring anything new to the Sims 4.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    SimmerBecca4481SimmerBecca4481 Posts: 11 New Member
    It depends on the pack
    It’s really quality for me. It doesn’t really matter if I get 5 new chairs If the gameplay is lacking. Like with Get to Work we got a ton of stuff but no aspirations that reflected the new careers...?