March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lower quantity of content, does the pack worth it ?

LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
edited September 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Hi,

Lower quantity of content, does the pack worth it ?

EP01 Get To Work : 502 items
EP02 Get Together : 468 items
EP03 City Living : 403 items
EP04 Cats & Dogs : 515 items
EP05 Seasons : 329 items
EP06 Get Famous : 391 items
EP07 Island Living : 315 items

GP01 Outdoor Retreat : 159 items
GP02 Spa Day : 175 items
GP03 Dine Out : 165 items
GP04 Vampires : 216 items
GP05 Parenthood : 143 items
GP06 Jungle Adventure : 219 items
GP07 StrangerVille : 151 items
GP08 Realm of Magic : 104 items

Lower quantity of content, does the pack worth it ? 119 votes

Yes
5%
SimburianSimQueenie9SavvySimmiecomicsforlifeTS1299nerdfashionlaura_iris 7 votes
No
26%
Stdlr9MLadyAzzeraMorten8035Bagoas77drake_mccartymock68SumoBthecatsredHestiaKhrisstyneTo7mRifftraxRulesJultan3MoonfoxNightcryAPottsRenato10jooxisgeekchic96MidnightAuraNoree_Doree 31 votes
It depends on the pack
57%
GoldmoldarLeGardePourpreIceyJIsb917AnmirlaDevSims91fruitsbasket101CurolaCinebaralanmichael1KalaniCoolPegasyssimmietimeMirichaHumility925taydevspice3Froilwormofthebookbixters 68 votes
I don't know
1%
KaeChan2089SimmyFroggy 2 votes
It doesn't matter
9%
Akl500PWritin_ReginvisiblgirlfriendlysimmersRedShoe7ChazzzyjoRN1414NorthDakotaGamerDrakosDaWaterRatKatmiGordon 11 votes

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    It doesn't matter
    1-F466-BA5-3-AC2-4-EA2-815-B-EFEB87449-D7-C.gif
  • thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    No
    I buy all my packs for CAS and build/buy because gameplay is always shallow and boring to the point that I can only check out things Once or else it's not fun anymore.

If there aren't enough new items for my money, then what's the point?

I can freely download more and better amounts of CC for free. What is my $20 going to? Some half-baked content I probably already downloaded in my game as CC?

Pft,
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    Yes
    If the pack has enough gameplay to balance it out. I may not play that often (RoM different in that respect) but I appreciate the work they put into it. I usually find later that little perks are there linked into my other packs too. I use the CAS and build items everywhere.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    It depends on the pack
    I say quality and game play is more important then quantity. Game packs are smaller then expansions and will have less items compared to that but ones like Vampire has so much depth and details that it is better than some expansions.

Sims 3 had a lot stuff; but I felt the sims themselves were neglected in the process. There has to be a balance.

Island Living has less build and buy stuff; but the world is so beautiful, lively and more interactive. More room to move around in the neighborhood too because of the open oceans, so it feels bigger. I like the relaxed feeling too and all the CAS is really nice so I actually do use most of it.

Some packs I barely use items from at all as I just don't care for them (I got get to work to be a doctor or run a store, not for the items as I can't even remember the last time I used any of the items that isn't meant for a job). I would sooner replace them with cc.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Well darn look at those numbers drop :D
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    It depends on the pack
    If a pack is full of clutter then no more items with regards to clutter content doesn't matter to me. I prefer game play and building with tools that actually make a different to my game rather than just something to clutter the homes with.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    It depends on the pack
    Seeing as Get to Work has the second highest number of items and is the worst done useless expansion I say the number of items does not matter. What matters is function and adding replayability to the base game and expansion content not feeling like a one and done mini game.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    Well darn look at those numbers drop :D

... but they released packs more often (2019, 2 GP and 2 EP).

More packs mean less content inside.
  • SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I don't know
    I'm gonna go with I don't know for one reason: the number of items is one thing, what kinda items they are is another. Out of the whole pack, it does matter whether they're interactive items or purely deco. It also matters how versatile the items in the pack are (aka can I use them everywhere or are they super niche?)
    Probably should've gone with Depends on the pack but eh.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Before I vote, where did those numbers come from? I have most of the packs listed, and sure don't see that volume of material.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    @Oldeseadogge

This is the number of thumbnails listed by the store (CAS + Build/Buy items).

It doesn't include the hidden items that we can unlock.

• Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    few gameplay and item that used more often is far worth it than many item that are not used and gameplay isn't used often.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    i take quality over quantity anyday
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    It depends on the pack
    The number of items doesn't really reflect the depth of content you get for a pack. Posters and wall/floor decals inflate that number (which I think accounts for C&D's huge number of items). If we have to have a number, then I think 350-400 for EP and 150-200 for GP is good enough IMO.

I don't have all the packs (yet); the packs that I do own have items that can be versatile or packs that integrate well with the base and other packs, which is why I usually buy them in the bundles.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    It depends on the pack
    A pack is items, plus gameplay.

Also, not all items are equal in play. A useable item with skill interactions / mood effects > a static, non-interactive decoration or simple surface.

I evaluate every pack, individually, for the features it offers before deciding whether it is worth my money.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Yes
    Didn't see depends on the pack, meant to choose that one.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    Yes, Island Living is pretty but it is short on what it contains and also the controversial beginnings as an GP and upgrade to EP therefore paying more for an GP at an EP price. Graphics for mean does not necessarily mean paying more as it does not really add to gameplay and most of it is art.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    It depends on the pack
    It depends on the pack. But Island Living really had a TINY amount of build/buy items to me when I first saw it (weird to know only a few less than Seasons), and the gamelay wasn't exactly excessive, either. It's interesting to see that the quantity of included items has gone down in EPs, but that's OK because the quality has gone up.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    It doesn't matter
    I was going to say it depends on the pack - Parenthood had fewer items than any GP save ROM, but it's absolutely essential to family game play. Objects and outfits aren't the whole game. However, I chose 'it doesn't matter' because really, a pack can have loads of rubbish and a high object count. Lots of those objects are clutter and other decorative items, not new furniture or clothing. Or, you might get twenty new pieces of clothing for females but nothing for males, children and toddlers.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    It depends on the pack
    CAS and Buy/Build was never a reason for me to buy packs. Unless they are stuff packs. However, seeing how low ROM is with the number of items compared to others (steadly going down as time goes on), the gameplay should be so much so no one notices kids didn't get anything.

But from what I have read so far, the potions and spells etc. are things just reused that were already in game in some sort of form or fashion, (like festivals using basegame content) again. I will have to wait and see if it's all just rehashed potions from the reward's panel and other areas of game like crystal emitters that can do the same thing etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    edited September 2019
    It doesn't matter
    I look for quality not quantity in content. the quality has been subpar, so I only pay what I believe content is worth. As such, I have not paid full price for any packs in 3 years.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    It doesn't matter
    Quality in Sims 4 is WAYYYYY better than past Sims games. Clothes actually look good and not like they are painted on the sims finally. I have no clue how anyone can say this. I go play my other Sims games and the first thing that turns me back to Sims 4 is the low quality and look of the content from the earlier three games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2019
    It depends on the pack
    This year's packs have been a huge let down to me....so far. I honestly didn't even know they had the least amount of items to begin with, which is odd in itself since I don't even think the quality has improved....and it's not like the packs have newer, deeper gameplay, so....

I mean....it should be that supposedly less items means greater focus on gameplay and/or quality but this hasn't happened. There's maybe a slight increase of quality when it comes to CAS or Buy, but we are still getting lacking short term gameplay, rabbit holes and buggy features to say the least so.... even still, getting a full set of anything is becoming really rare, IL didn't have a full bathroom set, nor a full kitchen set....it's easy to see they are cutting corners. In TS3 we would get full sets of more than one room plus a few.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sim 4 clothing is definitely better. However, the buy catalog items are elementary in comparison to even Sims 2. The meshes are blocky and the textures are terrible. Plus, the team doesn't seem to enjoy making complicated items such as murphy beds, sleeping bags, picnic baskets, etc.

Fortunately, there has been an improvement of late, but the furnishings still have a ways to go. Will TS4 go whole hog one day and give us something innovative like, say, a sofa bed that really opens and closes? It so, I'm here for it. But at this point, I'll settle for bunk beds, sleeping bags, and for goodness sake, a picnic basket.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don't know
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Quality in Sims 4 is WAYYYYY better than past Sims games. Clothes actually look good and not like they are painted on the sims finally. I have no clue how anyone can say this. I go play my other Sims games and the first thing that turns me back to Sims 4 is the low quality and look of the content from the earlier three games.

........are.....you serious?!...I know it's your opinion.....but....wow. I'm afraid I have to disagree SO much