Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    i wish the items in the 21st anniversary gift were distributed more consistently

i like the gift so far, but the fact that some creators only got ~1 item while some other creators got multiple confuses me.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I think the concept of kits is cool, and I can’t wait to learn more on the 2nd of March.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I don't think I really want a vacuum cleaner KIT pack how about a tattoo, hair or musical instruments pack? I want to play a punk rock goth cello band. ;D
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I don't think I really want a vacuum cleaner KIT pack how about a tattoo, hair or musical instruments pack? I want to play a punk rock goth cello band. ;D

I'd like a band option just in general...You could have jam sessions with your pals without it sounding like nails on chalkboard on both previous games :(
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

Every time I see insightful on my replies I assume people don’t like it ever since I read that people use it as a dislike button. :'(

Same here! I always thought "Insightful" meant it was thought provoking and was a different take on how someone else might be seeing something. But, someone on here said that it meant dislike, so I never use it now.

And I give "Awesomes" when it's something that I totally agree with and "Likes" for posts I like

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Oh, my. Insightful does not mean Dislike, please use the insightful button appropriately. There is no Dislike button or feature on the forums. You're just supposed to scroll on by or ignore it if you don't like what someone has to say. Or open a dialogue if you can keep it cool.

According to the Oxford and Cambridge dictionaries:
    insightful
    adjective
    approving

showing a clear and usually original understanding of a complicated problem or situation:
    and
    ​ showing a clear understanding of a person or situation synonym perceptive

• Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I use insightful sparingly for some mind-blowing post, never use it for something negative.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I'm convinced insightful is used to dislike. My comment about "no pack is worth it just for BB/CAS items" got quite a few insightfuls.
  • Options
    air380777air380777 Posts: 4 New Member
    > @calaprfy said:
    > I'm convinced insightful is used to dislike. My comment about "no pack is worth it just for BB/CAS items" got quite a few insightfuls.

Probably people who don't know what "insightful" means and they think it comes from "incite" as in "inciting hate" lol
  • Options
    MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member
    Another one of my unpopular opinions; I don't want baby updates or cars. I'd rather they focus on making meaningful relationships, dificulty & occult settings and improving upon already released features.

The car I'd only want for something to spend money on, because without any sort of dificulty setting making money in this game is so easy and ultimately pointless. How is it going to improve gameplay that we get an animation of the sims getting into the car and driving off?

The baby update is like. We have toddlers. They are extremely buggy and therefore frustrating. I expect the same for the would-be baby update. I also remember the chaos of the rotting bottles and diapers from TS2, and seeing how currently doing dishes spawns random ash on surfaces I'm not that excited for more things to clean.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    TS4 kits are an abomination.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member

I haven't seen much people in favor of kits (I'd say it's the opposite) so I don't see how this is unpopular 🤔

My unpopular opinion is that these kind of micro-purchases have plagued the modern gaming industry and, once you learn to live with them, they aren't that annoying (granted you aren't forced to buy). We have to get used to it because let's face it, micro-purchases are here to stay.
    Sims 2 and 3 also had these kind of purchases if I recall correctly, Sims 4 would obviously follow suit, as will Sims 5 when it gets released in the future.
  • Options
    Genkider wrote: »

I haven't seen much people in favor of kits (I'd say it's the opposite) so I don't see how this is unpopular 🤔

My unpopular opinion is that these kind of micro-purchases have plagued the modern gaming industry and, once you learn to live with them, they aren't that annoying (granted you aren't forced to buy). We have to get used to it because let's face it, micro-purchases are here to stay.
    Sims 2 and 3 also had these kind of purchases if I recall correctly, Sims 4 would obviously follow suit, as will Sims 5 when it gets released in the future.

I did forget this is unpopular opinion and not general grievance thread my bad 😂 there are lots of people complaining but lots of people neutral or in favor for it too. Yeah well any micorpurchases Sims 2 and 3 had I also ddidn't buy them then either. Theyre all an abomination lol, but TS4 is the most guilty next to Sims 3, how much dlc is there now??? Not including dlc for dlc??

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member

I did forget this is unpopular opinion and not general grievance thread my bad 😂 there are lots of people complaining but lots of people neutral or in favor for it too. Yeah well any micorpurchases Sims 2 and 3 had I also ddidn't buy them then either. Theyre all an abomination lol, but TS4 is the most guilty next to Sims 3, how much dlc is there now??? Not including dlc for dlc??

There's a lot of content, (though Sims 4's life is longer than previous games,) and there's only one dlc for dlc because the community (including popular game changers) spoke against it and they haven't done it since.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

There's a lot of content, (though Sims 4's life is longer than previous games,) and there's only one dlc for dlc because the community (including popular game changers) spoke against it and they haven't done it since.

That is a good point TS4 is lasting much longer than previous iterations, not surprising there is more dlc.

• Options
    halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member

That is a good point TS4 is lasting much longer than previous iterations, not surprising there is more dlc.

The reason why the lifespan of TS4 has been so long is because they keep putting basic features in the packs, gotta nickel and dime everyone.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • Options

The reason why the lifespan of TS4 has been so long is because they keep putting basic features in the packs, gotta nickel and dime everyone.

That is true too lol

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    Not sure how unpopular this is but I'm so bored of seeing people complaining about how expensive kits are when they literally haven't even announced a price yet.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure how unpopular this is but I'm so bored of seeing people complaining about how expensive kits are when they literally haven't even announced a price yet.

Haha i was thinking the same...

My unpopular opinion is that, when i want something, i buy it. I buy whatever i want, when i want and how i want.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    There is not enough facial expression variety for each emotional states.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

One could mark this remark as "insightful" as it's the truth! :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Simburian wrote: »

One could mark this remark as "insightful" as it's the truth! :)

I'd say people who are complaining about price are more 'prophetic'. You can totally put money on the price being bumped up and the quality being knocked down. Don't say I didn't warn you.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    My unpopular opinion: They should put cars in a kit. This game has loading screens every time you leave a lot. Sims are just going to get in the car, make a choice from a pie menu, and the car will disappear. Or shake if they do a woo hoo action. I think you could do that in a kit.
  • Options
    WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,758 Member
    Got two: I have no desire to do chores/ cleaning in my gameplay (already hate cleaning in real life!) and find it a nuisance.

Second one isn't really an opinion as such but just wondered if anyone else had the same experience:
    When I first saw the Moschino Stuff pack, I thought the word Moschino was a pun on the sim word, 'myshuno' and didn't realise until later that it was actually an existing fashion brand!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top