Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Gardening was completely ruined by Seasons. I hate that I have to have different plants for every season.
    I end up having too many planters when some of the plants disappear every season and the garden looks like a complete mess. I miss the old times when I could plant anything I wanted whenever I wanted, the planters always looked nice (no dirt piles) and I didn't have to move plants between greenhouse and outside garden every time when seasons change.

I see you there. Herbalism can only be completed in two months; Spring and Summer.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    CaprianaBCaprianaB Posts: 511 Member
    Gardening was completely ruined by Seasons. I hate that I have to have different plants for every season.
    I end up having too many planters when some of the plants disappear every season and the garden looks like a complete mess. I miss the old times when I could plant anything I wanted whenever I wanted, the planters always looked nice (no dirt piles) and I didn't have to move plants between greenhouse and outside garden every time when seasons change.

This is one of the reasons I haven't bought the pack.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    edited March 2021

Have to agree. I loved having a lush full garden with every plant. Now I can't be bothered to try and keep track of what plant grows in each season. I downloaded a perfect garden community lot greenhouse and now use that to collect harvestables and duplicate if necessary.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,928 Member
    Same.
    I had to download a mod to make plants grow as TS2 way, so they are only dormant at winter.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Same.
    I had to download a mod to make plants grow as TS2 way, so they are only dormant at winter.

If people want more realism in their game they have to put up with Maxis taking them seriously. :)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I didn't start playing Sims until after Seasons was out, and it was one of the first packs I picked up, so I don't have memories of gardening without it.

That said, I wouldn't mind if the plants simply didn't bloom/produce harvestables in their off-seasons and at least had (seasonally appropriate) foliage the rest of the year. I would like to actually plant flowers outside without having to use MOO to overlay different seasons of plants to keep the front garden pretty.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member

I don't like keeping track of the plants by season either. I know it's more realistic to have it this way with seasons but it just makes the whole gardening feature seem over complicated to me.
  • Options
    SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited March 2021
    On the topic of seasons ruining gardening, I’m still upset about sims being forced to use the weed vacuum thingy after a certain level of the gardening skill. I loved the animation of them picking weeds and I liked to play historical saves where a weed vacuum doesn’t fit.
    I wish there was an option to still pick weeds by hand.
  • Options
    ReadySetLetsGooReadySetLetsGoo Posts: 17 Member
    I really love my toddlers and babies and try to interact with them as much as possible before they age up.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »

I don't like keeping track of the plants by season either. I know it's more realistic to have it this way with seasons but it just makes the whole gardening feature seem over complicated to me.

Me neither. I used to think it was nice and realistic but i wasn't invested in creating a farm. The moment i did, i downloaded a mod that sets all plants to all seasons. Gardens really get much more beautiful...
    @SeashoreLivia if you're not opposed to mods i know there is one that lifts the weed vacuum restriction but i can't remember the name or the modder. But you may be able to find it in google...
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I hate lots with clutter. When I download lots from the gallery, I go through and delete all the clutter. Then I resave them so I never have to declutter them again.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    I hate lots with clutter. When I download lots from the gallery, I go through and delete all the clutter. Then I resave them so I never have to declutter them again.

You are not alone. I also tend to delete all windows, doors and pillars etc., so I can get a house I can actually get into and play without bits getting in my way! This is why I now mostly make my own!
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    (Dunno if this is unpopular but) Paranormal is the best Stuff Pack.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    @SeashoreLivia here’s the mod @telmarina was talking about or one like it by Zero. That gives you the option to weed by hand instead of using the vacuum. They have a bunch of other mods that look fun for historical play listed with it too.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I don't know which one is the unpopular opinion, but I'm the exact opposite. I love clutter. :lol: And I feel there aren't nearly enough builds with clutter. (Or at least the ones I come across. :disappointed:)

I feel very uneasy in a place with no clutter (both in Sims and in real life) and always have to add some sort of clutter to feel more "at home." Plus, non-cluttered homes in the Sims just feels like an empty hotel room to me.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

I don't know which one is the unpopular opinion, but I'm the exact opposite. I love clutter. :lol: And I feel there aren't nearly enough builds with clutter. (Or at least the ones I come across. :disappointed:)

I feel very uneasy in a place with no clutter (both in Sims and in real life) and always have to add some sort of clutter to feel more "at home." Plus, non-cluttered homes in the Sims just feels like an empty hotel room to me.

I usually feel bad when I declutter. I just know the builder spent hours searching for the perfect clutter to make the lot feel at home, planned the placement, chose the colors with love and care, and I imagine that they are very happy with all the clutter, just as you are. :)

But, it always makes me feel like the place is a mess. I have uploaded one lot to the gallery. It's not for you. hahaha :)

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    One complaint I don't get - "Island Living adds nothing for regular gameplay". Of course it doesn't?? The pack is called Island Living, it's about living on an island. The whole point of the pack is about the island life and experience, if you want suburban home furniture then maybe a pack about living on an island isn't for you :#
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

Tbh I like clutter, but only when it doesn't detract from the playability. If a lot has 50 levitating jars and toothbrushes as they've alt placed them on shelves, or I can barely see the inside of the house because of clutter, or my sims can't even reach things I'm deleting it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so enjoy my Journey to Batuu. The townie clothes goes so well with my historical game save. The Star Wars clothes & objects goes so well with my futuristic game save. :p<3B)
  • Options
    RifftraxRulesRifftraxRules Posts: 145 Member
    I absolutely hate that there are packs like "Vampires", "Jungle Adventure", "Strangerville", and "Paranormal", but just about nothing that's about real life. My gameplay is based in in reality and NOT ONE of those packs adds to it. And those "kits" are just microtransactions with a cute name.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Robotics is not worth the hassle.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I don’t hate the kits concept and don’t think they are overpriced. I don’t get the hate about it.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

I usually feel bad when I declutter. I just know the builder spent hours searching for the perfect clutter to make the lot feel at home, planned the placement, chose the colors with love and care, and I imagine that they are very happy with all the clutter, just as you are. :)

But, it always makes me feel like the place is a mess. I have uploaded one lot to the gallery. It's not for you. hahaha :)

To each their own, haha. :)
    Onverser wrote: »

Tbh I like clutter, but only when it doesn't detract from the playability. If a lot has 50 levitating jars and toothbrushes as they've alt placed them on shelves, or I can barely see the inside of the house because of clutter, or my sims can't even reach things I'm deleting it.

Oh, I like the lots to still be functional, but as long as that need is met, I'm pretty okay with levitating items.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I want my clutter to be personalized to the family living in the house.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top