Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,775 Member
    I hate the argument that "x shouldn't be in a pack, it should have just been added to the base game."
    This so much :smiley:
    As it happens with every pack :) EVERYTHING should been now added to the base game!

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I don’t mind the sparkles from the Bust the Dust pack. They make it easy to tell if my sims house is clean. :#
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I'll be glad when the dust settles (pun intended). I'm getting pretty tired of multiple threads about dust, vacuums, dust bunnies, and kits in general taking so much space on the front page of forum posts.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    That the price of the game(full) shouldn't rival that of housing rents, mortgages, car payments and in some places, a used car.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I'll be glad when the dust settles (pun intended). I'm getting pretty tired of multiple threads about dust, vacuums, dust bunnies, and kits in general taking so much space on the front page of forum posts.

I do wish we had the ability to hide threads we're not interested in.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited March 2021
    SamDenny wrote: »
    That the price of the game(full) shouldn't rival that of housing rents, mortgages, car payments and in some places, a used car.

If you bought it as the packs came out over the 6 plus years it wouldn't seem like that. It would be like paying for a newspaper everyday or a magazine every month. Those are thrown away but Sims 4 just gets bigger.

If you are really one of the educated few you would have to pay £10 per WEEK in the uk for copies of "The Times" for example.

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    edited March 2021
    I hate Sims 4 townies so much...

Well coming from you that's not surprising. 😄 I'm just surprised you'd even consider buying Sims 4.

Hey...I like her... :mrgreen:
    Teresa%2BMcMillan2.png
    ...but then again, SHE...is not a townie. (made by me...in the Sims 4 CAS Demo). :p
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    SamDenny wrote: »

If you bought it as the packs came out over the 6 plus years it wouldn't seem like that. It would be like paying for a newspaper everyday or a magazine every month. Those are thrown away but Sims 4 just gets bigger.

If you are really one of the educated few you would have to pay £10 per WEEK in the uk for copies of "The Times" for example.

And also, if you wait for sales or buy from third-party grey market sites, you can save a ton of money. Just make sure you do research of what sites you're buying from. Granted I don't have every pack at this moment in time, but I've spent a total of maybe $260 USD since early 2019.

I have the following.

EP: Snowy Escape, Discover University, Island Living, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, Get Together.
    GP: Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires, Dine Out, Spa Day
    SP: Paranormal, Nifty Knitting, Tiny Living, My First Pet, Laundry Day, Backyard, Romantic Garden, Movie Hangout, Spooky

Most EPs cost me somewhere from $14-$18. I bought a couple through Origin, but I've never spent over $20.
    I typically get GPs when they're on sale from $10-$15. Depending on how much I like them. I may get Occults for full price. But otherwise I tend to wait.
    The only stuff packs I've paid full price for is Paranormal and Romantic Garden. The latter because it's just when I first started playing Sims. Otherwise, I get most of them for $5 or maybe at the 25% off price if they seem worth it to me.
    And the base game? I got that in December of 2018 during one of their $5 sales.

So while I defintely agree buying everything at full price can be expensive, if you're patient enough to wait for sales and don't buy everything at once, it seems like you're paying at lot less. I highly encourage anyone who doesn't feel like packs are worth their full price (which is debatable for sure) to just wait for sales or try buying from third party sites. As well as pacing yourself.

Unless I find an absolutely amazing deal, I try to only get a pack a month. Or even every (2) Months.

The next time game packs go on sale for 50%, I plan on getting on Strangerville. And at most, maybe a stuff pack if they're also 50% off. But I haven't bought anything since Paranormal came out, so I'm not too concerned.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I hate how so many CC creators make all of their clothes so revealing (especially alpha creators), why does everything have to be heavy cleavage, crop tops and the tiniest mini skirts?? Just give me normal length skirts! Pretty much every time I download a CC skirt I end up uninstalling it as 90% of them are so ridiculously short :s
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    My unpopular opinions are that I can’t stand vampires (I think this is mainly TS3’s fault, I remember finding them really annoying in that game, but it applies to TS4 too because I haven’t even bothered to buy the pack lol), and that I’m so tired of crop tops in The Sims 4. Crop tops are cute & all, but the number of them in the game seems disproportionately high. Personally I just don’t really wear them all that often in real life, so maybe it’s just me.
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    My unpopular opinion is that i'm not a fan of some of the comical animations the game has, like when they cook, honestly i prefer more realistic animations, like when they cook in Sims 2, that looked very good
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    @Onverser Also looking for sims cc try looking up the word 'modest' with it as well can help find long sleeves, longer skirt/dresses etc to find more clothing like that.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited March 2021
    I played and owned all the series of the Sims , and each series had its up and down.Here it is 2021 and seeing that EA still owns the Sims, I don't believe that the Sims 5 will be any better than1, 2, 3 or 4.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I'm pretty sure this might be an unpopular opinion but I honestly like the Kits. It's not that I'm a cheapscape or anything like that. I think the dust bunnies are kind of cute and give my sims with the neat trait something to do and allows them to be genuinely useful in the game instead of being "OCD" and cleaning everything and being annoying about it. I have been using the CAS items in the throwback to 80's Fitness a lot and the country kitchen I really like too for doing builds in some of the worlds I build in. It has some cute and charming items. I hope they put out more kits with cute things in them. I have a feeling most of the community hates them and that is fine by me. We all have what we like and don't like.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I get the feeling that the machines and OS being used for playing the game are the reason for poor responses from their Sims. Clicking on several actions too fast, playing the game at fast speed and so on, with their machines not being speedy or powerful enough to cope with it all.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    I get the feeling that the machines and OS being used for playing the game are the reason for poor responses from their Sims. Clicking on several actions too fast, playing the game at fast speed and so on, with their machines not being speedy or powerful enough to cope with it all.

Agree, and that’s why I think some bugs go unaddressed by the devs. They can’t fix what they can’t replicate on their system, and their system is likely fairly powerful and fully updated, and it’s never been modded or had cc installed. It’s impossible to tell on the internet if someone is being honest about playing vanilla, or their system specs being adequate for the amount of content they’re running. Which is why they often ask for save files to be submitted with bug reports.
  • bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited March 2021
    if ts4 was in a better state, if there were less packs but more content on the game i believe pretty much no one would've complained about the kits. however being ea the one doing this, a lot of players were already upset at ts4 state, the packs being numerous but shallow and with more content separated into other packs of course kits got criticized. because it shows it's all about the money.
    and the anger is not so much about the "price" but rather at ea's intentions on making another type of pack. many people keep buying because it's about the Sims and i kinda understand so i'd love if ea stopped owning this franchise, i think many ppl isn't happy throwing their money at a company that mocks their customers. if at least ea had a better reputation (earned) or if it was an indie company the one doing this kits thing perhaps people would've been more forgiving.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I hate how so many CC creators make all of their clothes so revealing (especially alpha creators), why does everything have to be heavy cleavage, crop tops and the tiniest mini skirts?? Just give me normal length skirts! Pretty much every time I download a CC skirt I end up uninstalling it as 90% of them are so ridiculously short :s

@Onverser if you check out this thread you might find something suitable. Scroll about halfway down the page. May take a while to load.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/16414062#Comment_16414062
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    My unpopular opinions are that I can’t stand vampires (I think this is mainly TS3’s fault, I remember finding them really annoying in that game, but it applies to TS4 too because I haven’t even bothered to buy the pack lol), and that I’m so tired of crop tops in The Sims 4. Crop tops are cute & all, but the number of them in the game seems disproportionately high. Personally I just don’t really wear them all that often in real life, so maybe it’s just me.

You may be missing out, vampires is my favorite pack.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I prefer the old way to fish, where it took certain baits to catch certain fish and examining the water took seconds and told you exactly what you needed to catch fish.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »

No offence, if you didn't enjoy Vampires in Sims 3, that's cool... but how can you complain about Vampires in Sims 4 when you didn't even buy the pack?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited March 2021
    Gardening was completely ruined by Seasons. I hate that I have to have different plants for every season.
    I end up having too many planters when some of the plants disappear every season and the garden looks like a complete mess. I miss the old times when I could plant anything I wanted whenever I wanted, the planters always looked nice (no dirt piles) and I didn't have to move plants between greenhouse and outside garden every time when seasons change.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top