Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• Options
    GrimReaper1744GrimReaper1744 Posts: 32 Member
    I hate raising kids in the Sims.
    especially toddlers
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    My biggest unpopular opinion is probably that I really don't understand the praise around Seasons. The game is a life simulator, seasons and weather should just be there without question. I shouldn't have to spend an extra 40 dollars for a system that should just be in the game without question, and I'm definitely not gonna praise them for making us pay a hefty EP price for something that was cut from the base game.

cats and dogs should also be in base game.
  • Options
    doge wrote: »
    i hate the Landgraabs
    Nancy is the worst. she was probably the one who kicked out Johnny Zest
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    bella_goth wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    you guys make fun of people who is never happy with the game or keeps comparing it. but is it really their fault? i don't think so.

Yes, actually. Although, I wouldn't use the word "fault". So, okay, here's a possibly unpopular opinion...

People who expect every pack in a Sims game to be an exact replica of a previous game are unrealistic, biased and just want a clone of their favorite previous iteration. (I myself wanted a return to Sims 2 for a while, so I qualify myself.) In truth, none of the main Sims games replicated the packs of the previous ones. None. Each iteration in the series offers a new spin on the content and themes and does not copy what does or doesn't belong. Some things are repeated, but not for the purpose of repeating it. No doubt as the franchise continues, things will be done differently yet again. But there is no checklist of what "belongs" in a pack of <enter theme here>. That's where the expectations of players are faulty.

not all games need to be the same, but if it's working why change it? the game doesn't need to be a copy, but if the game presents you a couple of features, what it should do is add them again AND improve upon them, not directly remove them. also, ea is the one making the same packs on every iteration like weather, when such features should be in the base game by now to leave room to new things. but what they're doing is getting previous iteration packs and separating them into many to get as much money as possible.
    it's funny that some people say we should accept what ea decides to do to the game, but then i go into the "sims 5 online rumor" threads and i see them saying "no plz don't change the game" LOL.

of course people will have high expectations for this game, it's the Sims after all, it doesn't deserve any less. the game is part of a FRANCHISE so it's to expect people will want their favorite features back.

Your last paragraph completely strayed from my comment so I cut it from the quote and I'm not going to address that.

First of all, this whole idea of "removing" a feature that never existed in Sims 4 is faulty. This is the result of a perception that a Sims game should be an exact replica of the previous version, which just isn't done. There are similarities, but let's drop the notion that each game is a doppleganger of the previous iteration because factually, they aren't. It's never been so, therefore, there's no reason to assume it should be now.

When it comes to individual features, I agree that most major or beloved features and content done in previous games should, in some way, be revisited. But, again, those features won't be in the same form or with the same packs as before. There is nothing set in stone that says X feature comes in X pack. It's never been that way. So I'll reiterate that players should not expect them to be. If they do, the resulting disappointment is on them. Sims 4 has never repeated Sims 3 packs in six years, why would it be expected to now? Sims 3 never repeated Sims 2 packs, was it expected then? It's one thing to want a feature to return, that's reasonable, but it's entirely different to want a feature to return the exact same way it did before, in the exact same pack. Do you see the difference I'm referring to?

The Sims games are generally a reflection on modern living. But modern living changes. This is why it doesn't make sense to repeat and repeat and repeat again. Not only will the game get stale, but it will stop making sense. Technology happens. Human habits change. Styles shift. No doubt, each generation wants to see their own life's activities reflected in the game, but the game is going to prioritize the activities and societal norms of the current generations. Sims 1 didn't start off in the 1950s. It reflected its existing timeline. Same with TS2 and TS3. For example, take a look at bowling. In my area, there aren't even any bowling alleys that exist anymore because no one does that. It's a forgotten activity. There are a few places left in the bigger cities, but no one I know travels downtown to bowl. It's to go nightclubbing or to artist markets or festivals or University events or shopping or dining. So it makes perfect sense to me that bowling was put into a Stuff Pack so that those who want it can get it but it didn't take up space in a city pack where other features were more true to modern life.

Every time a pack comes out, there's always some noisy faction of Sims 3 stans (not all, just this one group type) who try to say that it's "missing" XYZ because "Sims 3 had it", when it's not "missing" anything, it was designed to more accurately reflect our current timeline and since every single little thing isn't going to be able to be put in, much as we'd like that, there is a budget and time constraints to follow so some things will be chosen and some won't. That's just reality. And, what people like and don't like from it will always be subjective. There is no singular agreement in the entire community of what to prioritize and what to put aside. And the more iterations that are released, the more mountains of content that exist with all games combined and it's completely unreasonable to expect every single thing from three or four full Sims games to be replicated plus new stuff.

But I do agree that devs should be as thorough as possible, particularly with EPs so that most themes don't need to be revisited. (Some do, and using smaller packs for that makes sense to me.) Themes shouldn't be spread thin and split up so much and the content they choose should be true to that theme and feel complete.

According to what I see on Twitter, this is definitely an unpopular opinion. Good thing I don't care about popularity, lol. :D

👏👏👏 everything i feel is written up here... I would add that we shouldn't fool ourselves to think that any of the previous games was perfect, as it is so many times depicted here... none was. They had some terrible mistakes, just like sims 4 has... and they had some wonderfull stuff, just like sims 4 has. I don't want my game to be a replica of the past, i love that it evolved...
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I feel like Sims3 and Sims 4 are both valid sequels to Sims2, but they don't relate as much to each other. Sims3 went to open worlds and story progression and more realism. Sims4 went more towards convenience (manage households, buy groceries at fridge, no one leaves babies on the floor). I prefer Sims4 focus, even if I think the game has room for improvement. Those who want to go back to having no choice but to buy clothes at the store before you can wear them and buy bubble bath before you have that bathtub option do not play games for the same reasons I do. But that doesn't mean they don't appreciate the ability to delete townies without corrupting a save as much as I do. My hope for Sims5 is that it allows for more player options so that both Sims3 and Sims4 fans can be happy.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    @LiELF what? idk, i do agree with you, i only said that i can see why would people ask for past things back. people is paying with their money, and before fans they are customers so they should be treated with respect and not just like money machines.
    also it's not fair to address whiners alongside people who gives proper feedback.

honestly after the whole hashtag thing, i think some people is missing the point of this franchise. sims games are all about creativity, not about copy pasting content. i do love love love when past features get added back as a nod, but it's also nice to see what new things Maxis comes up with. i never said (or perhaps i did but regret) that all sims games should be a copy of each other. that would be like fifa.

my opinion on the sims games will tie to what Will Wright thinks about the game because it's his creation.
    but he hasn't said anything about ts4 (as far as i know) so my opinion is based on my enjoyment with the game. and so far i love ts4 despite ea. all i think it should change is the prices, the marketing & keep adding content. in a couple of years when ea releases sims 5 i'm sure we'll see comments of people saying "omg sims 4 is so underrated look how amazing it was! sims 5 could never" lmao
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    As much as i like some stuff in sims 2 and find it a good game that is super well done in many areas, i dont rank it as the top game in the franchise. In fact, i rank both sims 4 and 3 above it. I feel like they have much more stuff to do in general, and they just fit my playstyle better. I stopped playing it because i just cant really get into it currently, which makes me a little sad since there are still many features i have yet to try, but oh well. We enjoy what we enjoy.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @LiELF what? idk, i do agree with you, i only said that i can see why would people ask for past things back. people is paying with their money, and before fans they are customers so they should be treated with respect and not just like money machines.
    also it's not fair to address whiners alongside people who gives proper feedback.

honestly after the whole hashtag thing, i think some people is missing the point of this franchise. sims games are all about creativity, not about copy pasting content. i do love love love when past features get added back as a nod, but it's also nice to see what new things Maxis comes up with. i never said (or perhaps i did but regret) that all sims games should be a copy of each other. that would be like fifa.

my opinion on the sims games will tie to what Will Wright thinks about the game because it's his creation.
    but he hasn't said anything about ts4 (as far as i know) so my opinion is based on my enjoyment with the game. and so far i love ts4 despite ea. all i think it should change is the prices, the marketing & keep adding content. in a couple of years when ea releases sims 5 i'm sure we'll see comments of people saying "omg sims 4 is so underrated look how amazing it was! sims 5 could never" lmao

Okay, I may have misread the tone of some of your post, it seemed like you were debating my comment. If I was wrong, sorry about that. But yes, I think we do agree on a lot of things. The creativity within game is certainly important and one of the things that was so revolutionary. I'd also love to see what Will Wright would have to say about both Sims 3 and Sims 4.

Also, I do try to clarify when I address a specific group (usually small but loud and often unreasonable) within the community, I try not to paint everyone with the same brush because the Sims community is so diverse in what we like/dislike and how we communicate. We're all paying customers, yes, but that still doesn't give those more aggressive players the right to harass developers or attack other players or try to place blame on others just because they don't like their video game or don't have every tiny little thing that they want in every pack. Those are the kinds of people who have lost sight that the purpose of gaming is to be entertained and if they aren't enjoying it or spending too much time being angry over it, they should just walk away from it. Some things in life just aren't going to be what you want. Learning to accept that is part of being an adult. It builds character, lol.

I'm kind of expecting another hullaballoo on Feb. 25 when that new content comes out. Either the Drama Llamas will hate it immediately because it's not (X)... or, if it's a requested feature and most people like it at first, it only takes about two hours for one of them to start pointing out everything they see "wrong" with it because it wasn't executed exactly how they wanted it. :s
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    @LiELF rude people is all over the internet really, and media is always rewarding this kind of behavior so people thinks it's cool or something. as devs are mostly on twitter they will get the attention of anyone on the app, which are usually people looking for some drama. honestly i'm fine being on the forums. yes this place is a bit censoring but at least keeps it clean. sometimes i complain too because i hate ea but i really don't mean to bash the game itself. i love the sims but i won't overdramatize about its state either, what it has to be for the franchise it will be, there are other things way more important that need attention out there other than videogames.
  • Options
    MelanieScribblesMelanieScribbles Posts: 161 Member
    doge wrote: »
    i hate the Landgraabs

Same! The only Landgraab I can remotely stand is Gregory.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited February 2021
    imhappy wrote: »
    I have no problem when people necropost old threads. It's not like Nancy Landgraab has changed in the last 3 years.

All it would need is something like MTS does ie:

Attention! This thread has not had a reply for 46 months etc.,,,,,,,
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I like the pregnant walkstyle.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    Also, I love the animal hats that came with the Digital Deluxe version. The buffs that the wearer gets are so adorbs...I use them a lot on my chilldren. <3
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    SikoahGraceSikoahGrace Posts: 1,399 Member
    I don't like the Goths, Spencer-Kim-Lewis, and Pancakes families. The get deleted in every save. I don't want cars. They are useless in a closed world where Sims just disappear. I don't want story progression. I think it is an overrated feature.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I so love the fact that Bonehilda isn't just an object anymore & she's not trapped in her coffin closet.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I think the townie fashion disasters are more funny than annoying :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I so love the fact that Bonehilda isn't just an object anymore & she's not trapped in her coffin closet.

Same, but I wish she stayed for longer. It takes my sim a lot of energy to summon her and she usually leaves within 3 hours
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    Not sure if this is "unpopular" as such but I hate it when I download a build and the terrain paint goes right to the edge of the lot and just ends in a straight line. It just looks so off, I always have to go in and smooth it out as it really bugs me :s
    02-17-21-4-01-33-PM.png
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Not sure if this is "unpopular" as such but I hate it when I download a build and the terrain paint goes right to the edge of the lot and just ends in a straight line. It just looks so off, I always have to go in and smooth it out as it really bugs me :s

Same. I'm straight out with the terrain paint tool making it look normal.
  • Options
    TheRealTacomamaTheRealTacomama Posts: 109 Member
    I greatly dislike that the Sims 4 is geared toward younger players and that the audience has aged down emotionally. It's sanitized the game a little too much so it takes away from good gameplay/features.
    Simming for twenty years...
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    I greatly dislike that the Sims 4 is geared toward younger players and that the audience has aged down emotionally. It's sanitized the game a little too much so it takes away from good gameplay/features.

It's the same thing they did to Animal Crossing. The newer ones don't even compare to the original GameCube version. Especially how much they nerfed the townies personalities.
  • Options
    DecafHighDecafHigh Posts: 669 Member
    Not sure if this is "unpopular" or not but the new skin tone mechanic is terrible. TERRIBLE. Great if you want to make sims of color I suppose, lots of options there. But as I think a lot of people probably guessed it would turn out, it is very hard if not impossible to make a decent caucasian skin tone. You can get some weird pink tones and a few kinda lighter browns but making just a regular old white person basically got cut out of the creator entirely. /smh
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    In my opinion, witches and warlocks, vampires and ghosts are evil. I don't play them.
    We didn't need a ghost pack with a seance table and black candles.
    I'm old school, all my couples are a male & female. My opinion, not a hater, you do you.
    Removing babies from their cribs would require that the parent do more. I would rather just feed,
    cuddle, change a diaper, that's it.
    Star Wars pack, no...just no. Love the movies back in the 70's but don't want it in my game.
    Pre-teen life stage would be fun.

• Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I think Sims 4 has severly outstayed its welcome and we need to focus on improving gameplay aspects for TS5
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top