Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA CEO on TS4: FY2020 will be the biggest year in terms of content release

Comments

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Yeah yeah..

I'll believe it when I see it.

also, quality over quantity imo...
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    We‘ll get EP8, which will be University, this year in November.

Then we‘ll get EP9 which will be Farming in April of 2020. This means we‘ll get 3 EPs this fiscal year, which would make it the biggest yet.

I think you’re asking to be let down with the Farming thing. I don’t think they’ve ever done that type of pack before, so I don’t see why you’re so confident they will now.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2019
    I hate to question......but didn't they say the SAME dang thing this year about 2019???

Also, I really don't understand why they keep running this 5 year old game to the ground when they didn't even bother to go on longer with TS2 and TS3 :( Sorry call me salty but it just kinda ticks me off.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Then we‘ll get EP9 which will be Farming in April of 2020. This means we‘ll get 3 EPs this fiscal year, which would make it the biggest yet.

I think you’re asking to be let down with the Farming thing. I don’t think they’ve ever done that type of pack before, so I don’t see why you’re so confident they will now.

they did farming objects in the sims 3 store, its not like they haven't done such a thing before and its highly requested on youtube, twitter, and this forum. after university its the most highly requested expansion
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Another reason why many are so confident of farming eventually coming is because they polled on it. It's very, very requested and there are still years of content to come ;)... I'm actually also really positive we'll get it at some point. I don't want to hope too hard that it will be early next year or even next year at all though. I'll just be happy if it comes before this iteration ends.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Another reason why many are so confident of farming eventually coming is because they polled on it. It's very, very requested and there are still years of content to come ;)... I'm actually also really positive we'll get it at some point. I don't want to hope too hard that it will be early next year or even next year at all though. I'll just be happy if it comes before this iteration ends.

Agree. Plenty of time left for farming. After Uni that's what I'm most looking forward to. All of the traditional packs will be out of the way and hopefully we'll see something new for the series.
  • Options
    A proper Generations EP please.

Parenthood doesn't cut it. We still don't have strollers, canes, more child/family related activities, better babies etc.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Parenthood doesn't cut it. We still don't have strollers, canes, more child/family related activities, better babies etc.

yeah i watched LGR's review on the pack and we have basically nothing from that pack in sims 4. severely lacking on deeper family gameplay.
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    This is what Graham tweeted on April 9th.

So the releases he spoke of will happen before October 9th.

We then have an additional 2 months until the end of the year and an additional 5 months remaining in the fiscal year.

EA Fiscal Year
    Q1: April 1 to June 30 (2019)
    Q2: July 1 to September 31 (2019)
    Q3: October 1 to December 31 (2019)
    Q4: January 1 to March 31 (2020)

An EA Roadmap... reminds me of the abandoned Anthem roadmap. :s
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,880 Member
    Hestia wrote: »

We then have an additional 2 months until the end of the year and an additional 5 months remaining in the fiscal year.

EA Fiscal Year

How so? 🤔

Anthem is shifting into a new phase as of late, something that can be best described as “adjusting expectations.” The game launched how most games in this genre launch these days, with big plans for an ongoing content roadmap to keep players engaged over the long term. But all that roadmap has done has caused problems for Anthem, given that nearly everything that was once in it still has not made its way to the game.

Island Living has released. Moschino is releasing Tuesday. And we'll see Realm of Magic this fall.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Hestia wrote: »

EA Fiscal Year

How so? 🤔

Anthem is shifting into a new phase as of late, something that can be best described as “adjusting expectations.” The game launched how most games in this genre launch these days, with big plans for an ongoing content roadmap to keep players engaged over the long term. But all that roadmap has done has caused problems for Anthem, given that nearly everything that was once in it still has not made its way to the game.

Island Living has released. Moschino is releasing Tuesday. And we'll see Realm of Magic this fall.

To add Maxis is a more stable studio than BioWare.
  • Options
    cheescaeks wrote: »

yeah i watched LGR's review on the pack and we have basically nothing from that pack in sims 4. severely lacking on deeper family gameplay.

Exactly. Generations actually was my favorite Sims 3 pack (besides Seasons). It just expanded upon the core gameplay so much, which is severely lacking in Sims 4.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Grant hinted that TS3: Generations didn't sell well. I think Lyndsay had to fight hard just to get Parenthood made for TS4. A Generations EP for TS4 would be unlikely.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

Grant hinted that TS3: Generations didn't sell well. I think Lyndsay had to fight hard just to get Parenthood made for TS4. A Generations EP for TS4 would be unlikely.

*feels bad for not buying Generations* D:
  • Options
    edited August 2019

Well they gotta fill their ''years'' of content somehow. (Not that it turns the Sims 4 into a masterpiece, but well).

And also, Grant is not a thing anymore when it comes to The Sims 4. So let's see.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah yeah..

The Sims 4 Island Living is the definition of quality over quantity. I feel your pain too...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    i would like to 'feel' it.

enhanced-26298-1432220843-2.jpg

Amazing! *rofl*
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Yeah yeah..

The Sims 4 Island Living is the definition of quality over quantity. I feel your pain too...

Yeah but Sims 4 EP's become more shallow release after release. They aren't even trying anymore.

The only packs worth the money are Game Packs imo.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I agree that for the last little while GPs are the standout additions to the game, rather than EPs. I think more has been added to them whereas EPs are fairly light on content, always with some excuse.
  • Options
    Yeah yeah..

Yeah but Sims 4 EP's become more shallow release after release. They aren't even trying anymore.

For me the only EP that deserves to be called an EP is GTW. Eventho it's not fleshed out and there's bugs, it's the only EP that has the ''audacity'' TS3 standard EPs had.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Yeah yeah..

For me the only EP that deserves to be called an EP is GTW. Eventho it's not fleshed out and there's bugs, it's the only EP that has the ''audacity'' TS3 standard EPs had.

I agree. I actually like Get to Work quite a bit.

*Minus the retail part, which imo is again halfbaked.
    Post edited by rudy8292 on
  • Options
    edited August 2019

i dont think we need another generations expansion just solely about generations, we just need more packs to cover what generations had. like the ability to use a video camera and record videos, bunkbeds, tree-houses, canes for older people, etc. they can spread these into different themed stuff packs and game packs for all i care, i just want the ability to actually have those things. i don't really care if they pigeonhole it into a different pack and spread them out into other things they know will sell well.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    EA MAXIS is probably trying to combined Sims 2 & 3 into Sims 4. I remember playing Sims 3 and it never had a Strangerville or a proper playable Mermaid, Vampire & Alien.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2019

So, we will see ROM in Oct? and then a new EP, too, in Nov? I sort of doubt that. More like a new EP next year before March and the fiscal year ends. Wouldn't you think that is more likely rather than the GP and EP back to back? ETA: And with that said, I still don't see where Andrew Wilson can claim the biggest content drop, ever? Not hardly. It's was an EP, a stuff pack, a GP and maybe an EP all within a year. Seems like I recall busier times. I have long memory.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

That's odd. She is General Manager of Maxis, seems she would be Grant's boss, rather than him telling her what to do.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.