Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA CEO on TS4: FY2020 will be the biggest year in terms of content release

1235...Next

Comments

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I hope they don't do a GP then EP within a month of each other. I'd rather have time to deep dive into playing them. I'm looking forward to ROM but I hope I get at least two or three to months to play with it before something else comes.
    egTcBMc.png
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited August 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    We‘ll get EP8, which will be University, this year in November.

Then we‘ll get EP9 which will be Farming in April of 2020. This means we‘ll get 3 EPs this fiscal year, which would make it the biggest yet.

So, we will see ROM in Oct? and then a new EP, too, in Nov? I sort of doubt that. More like a new EP next year before March and the fiscal year ends. Wouldn't you think that is more likely rather than the GP and EP back to back? ETA: And with that said, I still don't see where Andrew Wilson can claim the biggest content drop, ever? Not hardly. It's was an EP, a stuff pack, a GP and maybe an EP all within a year. Seems like I recall busier times. I have long memory.

That we'll get EP08 in Nov/Dec of this calendar year is more than just hopeful speculation - it's nearly certain, unless standard patterns are wildly off-course. They hired voice editors for a Sims 4 expansion that is releasing too late to be ROM. That's why everyone talks about it like a sure thing - while not officially announced, it's reeeeaaaallly likely, especially as the existence of two previous packs have been "leaked" accurately the same way.

Likely we'll get ROM in September, as they'll want to launch it before the end of the fiscal quarter. The second fiscal quarter ends September 30. So it'd be ROM in September, and then an EP in Nov or Dec - just in time for Christmas to bring in the $$$. That leaves all of the final quarter of the fiscal year (Jan 1-March 31 2020) for who-knows-what, but it's probably not nothing.
    elelunicy wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    A proper Generations EP please.

Parenthood doesn't cut it. We still don't have strollers, canes, more child/family related activities, better babies etc.

Grant hinted that TS3: Generations didn't sell well. I think Lyndsay had to fight hard just to get Parenthood made for TS4. A Generations EP for TS4 would be unlikely.
    That's odd. She is General Manager of Maxis, seems she would be Grant's boss, rather than him telling her what to do.

These things aren't always direct hierarchies - people have approval over different things and it's collaborative. Just because someone is technically "above" a person in a corporate-lingo sense doesn't mean they don't have to work together to agree on a plan for moving forward. You can still need the go-ahead from a person who makes less than you or has a less impressive title on the basis of their expertise/division.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member

Parenthood doesn't cut it. We still don't have strollers, canes, more child/family related activities, better babies etc.

Grant hinted that TS3: Generations didn't sell well. I think Lyndsay had to fight hard just to get Parenthood made for TS4. A Generations EP for TS4 would be unlikely.
    That's odd. She is General Manager of Maxis, seems she would be Grant's boss, rather than him telling her what to do.

they're more collaborative there than direct hierarchy, which is good cause someone below her can tell her an idea is bad without fear of repercussion
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    cheescaeks wrote: »

they're more collaborative there than direct hierarchy, which is good cause someone below her can tell her an idea is bad without fear of repercussion

That is true, but the higher on the management chain you are the more power you have to say yes or no. I think a lot of their problems start with them not saying no enough. Like someone low on the dev chain had an idea, and regardless if it was a good idea they give it the go ahead to make everyone happy. A lot of their creative choices are not good and I think that comes from the top management not having a concrete vision and instead takes too much input from the different developers which leads to weird choices taking priority over other things which would have been a better fit. I’m speaking in general terms here not about any specific content or feature.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited August 2019
    "Biggest" doesn't mean "Most Satisfying". Quantity isn't Quality.
    A lot of people think the size makes the difference but it have no positive effect. It can even be worse if the quality of the service is low.

Once again it's only a marketing argument to reassure investors.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,229 Member
    edited August 2019
    Moschino FREE content (April)
    350 door swatches Update (June)
    It Gets Better FREE content (June)
    EP07 Island Living (June)
    SP15 Moschino (August)
    GP08 Realm of Magic (September)

Almost 6 months