September 17 - We just released a small patch for The Sims 4 on PC/Mac - click here for more details.
September 13 - It's Friday, so what do I have for you? A Friday Highlight - here!

IF ea was still making new content for the sims 2 would you still buy it

2...Next

Comments

• munroelemunroele Posts: 219 Member
    Maybe a graphics update 😁 the sims 2 is really hard to go bavk to, even as my favourite in the series. Sims 4 has ruined me, in that way.
    I'd not need much else, mods can add almost everything else. Maybe a magic and fame pack, but other than that, sims 2 is perfect to me.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 3,136 Member
    Sure would but I would be scared they may add bugs to the game. They really don't have the best QA department.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 35,626 Member
    If they'd update the Sims Makin' Magic and SuperStar for it. Add all the little Things they left out and then added newer- plus updating it to run on newer devices~ Holey Baloney, sure nuff would. :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 958 Member
    edited August 31
    idk my problem would be

1. there is no way to get the old content now if one does not have it all
    (I've lost most of my discs for it so :( )

2. it has some issues running with new computers so those should be fixed first

3. idk if I care for new content since old content would do just well
    and i feel it would make the game less nostalgic and fun if I were to add new things in it
    but if its cool and does not break my nostalgic moods i could buy some

I just wish they released ts2 all packs edition and ts1 all packs edition again with some cool nostalgic covers
    and maybe put the new editions on origin so
    1. people that have old ones don't have to use origin for theirs if they don't want to
    2. I still don't have to shuffle discs and be paranoid they break

it would also be great for new players that want to play old versions to see what they were like but can't find them anywhere to buy
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 235 Member
    I don't think so, but only because I don't trust that they would deliver the same quality of content that was the original Sims 2. It is my favorite of the series and nothing they are putting out now makes me believe they could do it justice.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 647 Member
    I think the fact that people regularly post on this forum "how can I get TS2" is proof that this game is still a much desired game. Heck, I just installed it on my laptop this week and was blown away at how gorgeous my Sims are I created.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 451 Member
    Oh ya
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,011 Member
    Definitely!
    My sim history: The Sims 1- 4 (PC , Console, DS ), My Sims, Castaway, The Sims 2 Stories, Urbz Sims, Bustin Out' etc ♡ TS2 ♡

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 1,617 Member
    edited September 14
    Edit: Please delete my comment

I posted an opinion about not enjoying this version of the game, but I was sorting by recent threads and didn't realise I was in the Sims 2 forum (Actually I didn't even know there WAS a Sims 2 forum anymore lol). Sorry about that.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,056 Member
    I definitely would.