Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF ea was still making new content for the sims 2 would you still buy it

13...Next

Comments

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    KatsKats wrote: »
    One thing I'd like them to do first is do a re-release of TS2 that is workable for Windows 10 since I keep hearing stories about how the game acts up with that one.

I have Win 10 and have since it came out and Sims 2 works fine on it for me. I'm not sure why, or what the problem is that others are having.

I don't currently have a Windows partition on my Mac, but when I did I was using Windows 10. I had to tweak the graphics rules file to get it to display properly for my screen, but other than that it worked great. Maybe it's some update that's causing problems? I never updated mine. I even stayed with 7 until I was sure I could still play if I installed 10.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • IndieblueIndieblue Posts: 29 Member
    YES! sims2 is one of my favorite <3
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    I definitely would.
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    I definitely would buy new content for the Sims 2 since its the main title I play.
  • cloor31cloor31 Posts: 6 New Member
    Absolutely. Sims 2 was my favourite of all Sims games, and whilst I do love 3 and 4 in their own bubbles, Sims 2 holds a special place in my heart for allowing me to be so creative in my childhood.
  • TM3305TM3305 Posts: 46 Member
    I would most likely buy it if it was something I wanted for the game, i.e. not a My First Pet stuff equivalent.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Yes, i actually would buy the base game again and ep's that i owned along with others, because i lost it all and unfortunatelly there's no sims 2 content on Origin or online (i don't have a cd/dvd player anymore).
  • Nomiko13Nomiko13 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Yep!

I just started playing the Ultimate Collection in depth and am falling in love with this iteration. I think Sims 2 will become my favorite honestly.
    ▼add/follow▼
    ●【youtube】【 sims 3 page】【gallery】●

mario_10.jpg
    ●|| free items | daily deals | cascades |thank you ||●
    ▲still waiting on sims 4 generations▲
    ▶owner of the store since 9/21/2017◀
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    One thing I'd like them to do first is do a re-release of TS2 that is workable for Windows 10 since I keep hearing stories about how the game acts up with that one.

Interesting. The only problem I have is that occasionally, especially when exiting, my Samsung 24" TV (which given the ca. 2015 desktop was recently replaced, serves as the monitor and my TV) sometimes has hiccups with "this resolution not supported".

And I have not been able to change the resolution, even after changing the graphics rules.
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 642 Member
    edited February 2020
    I think Ultimate Collection needs to be brought back, even if I have to pay for it. I have Sims 2 Double Deluxe on CD-ROM, released around the time TS3 came out. I bought it used earlier this year. I find TS2 should have been the basis of TS4. In terms of the balance between game features and loading times--no other game comes close. While I love the open world of TS3, it is painfully slow. Between Sim personalities and animation, it is perfect for me. You do have cars and carpools-not teleporting.

Unlike TS3 (which I now have most packs--thanks to some Steam sales at $5 each) and TS4; you'll have to hunt for each pack--it's not simple as logging onto Origin or Steam and just buying the things with your bank or credit card; if you can't afford new/sealed, having to deal with the issues of ensuring disks are in good condition, and all codes and paperwork are present. Having it available on Origin would be perfect.

Some things need to be done, however. Definitely some optimization for more modern hardware (not that TS2 runs poorly--it actually loads a bit quicker than TS4), and some work to the graphics rules. My TV really hates the 800x60 resolution, and I haven't been able to change it. But given EA these days--I think it's best to not mess with it.
  • mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    Right away I want to say YES!! lol but after reading some of your comments, I'd have to also say no or idk maybe lol, depends. You guys make some good points. Think of how they are doing the sims 4 and what they would probably change in the sims 2 to keep it fresh and new. No thanks. Plus, I also use mods that would possibly become outdated if the sims 2 got new coding. And there are some I always end up installing no matter how hard I try to play w/o mods. Simlogical and Simbiology, plus the MTS Top Items/Game Mods.

No salute, no auto this and that, no " " obsession, etc.. windkeeper's mailbox mod, no red pause, uni students move away from the portal and more.

There are some high quality stuff out there, people are still creating for this game. There's conversions from ts3 and ts4, someone just came out with a new overhaul of the UI system called Clean UI, I think. There are mods to update the graphics, although I think they look pretty good. Really almost anything you can think is out there. With the exception of body types. Sure they are out there but a total pain to use because you need to download SO much to make it happen. Well, to be fair, I haven't done much digging for body types outside of dl'ing sliders and I only go for Nopoke's facial sliders. They could be out there, idk. At least in sims 4 we can finally give them booties lol. There are plenty of things in sims 4 I would have loved in the sims 2 days, toddlers is the first that comes to mind and the fleshed out group system with clubs. And more. I don't hate the sims 4 even though I give it crap a lot of times. In it's current state, it's not all that bad. Just doesn't grab me like the others though. And I don't have high hopes for 5, probably won't even get it tbh. Would have to be an updated version of 2 + 3, for me personally.

But if you are looking for fresh content for the sims 2, it's definitely out there. And these days, in really nice quality. Want an updated version of Pleasantview with garages, parking spots and actual closets from the later packs? Look up 'Pleasantly Thriving' Hoods and Lots -10yr Creator Anniversary- by Phaenoh. It has Bella in it and you can finally have her and Mortimer back together. Ah man I need to redownload that. Such a great nhood.

Here, I found this a couple of days ago. It's a compiled list of everything good out there for ts2 (well mostly everything, it's a really good list). https://pleasantsims.com/sims-2-custom-content/

and for anyone interested in the Clean UI: https://greatcheesecakepersona.tumblr.com/tagged/Download

Sorry guys, I get a bit excited talking about sims 2 lol. :D
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I have changed my mind. With the current teams and the direction they took TS4 with more rpg elements in it than was ever in TS1 or TS2, I fear they would spoil TS2's focus and it's sandboxy open-ended play. Then it would be tied to Origin, and that's a big fat no from me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.