Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IF ea was still making new content for the sims 2 would you still buy it

Comments

• munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Maybe a graphics update 😁 the sims 2 is really hard to go bavk to, even as my favourite in the series. Sims 4 has ruined me, in that way.
    I'd not need much else, mods can add almost everything else. Maybe a magic and fame pack, but other than that, sims 2 is perfect to me.
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Sure would but I would be scared they may add bugs to the game. They really don't have the best QA department.
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    If they'd update the Sims Makin' Magic and SuperStar for it. Add all the little Things they left out and then added newer- plus updating it to run on newer devices~ Holey Baloney, sure nuff would. :)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited August 2019
    idk my problem would be

1. there is no way to get the old content now if one does not have it all
    (I've lost most of my discs for it so :( )

2. it has some issues running with new computers so those should be fixed first

3. idk if I care for new content since old content would do just well
    and i feel it would make the game less nostalgic and fun if I were to add new things in it
    but if its cool and does not break my nostalgic moods i could buy some

I just wish they released ts2 all packs edition and ts1 all packs edition again with some cool nostalgic covers
    and maybe put the new editions on origin so
    1. people that have old ones don't have to use origin for theirs if they don't want to
    2. I still don't have to shuffle discs and be paranoid they break

it would also be great for new players that want to play old versions to see what they were like but can't find them anywhere to buy
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 888 Member
    I don't think so, but only because I don't trust that they would deliver the same quality of content that was the original Sims 2. It is my favorite of the series and nothing they are putting out now makes me believe they could do it justice.
  • Rhiannon58Rhiannon58 Posts: 806 Member
    I think the fact that people regularly post on this forum "how can I get TS2" is proof that this game is still a much desired game. Heck, I just installed it on my laptop this week and was blown away at how gorgeous my Sims are I created.
  • kamra19610kamra19610 Posts: 461 Member
    Oh ya
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Definitely!
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited September 2019
    Edit: Please delete my comment

I posted an opinion about not enjoying this version of the game, but I was sorting by recent threads and didn't realise I was in the Sims 2 forum (Actually I didn't even know there WAS a Sims 2 forum anymore lol). Sorry about that.
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    I definitely would.
  • noodlemamanoodlemama Posts: 37 Member
    I definitely would! My sister still plays TS2 despite us having 3 and all its expansions and most of 4 too!
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,177 Member
    There's this game I like called Postal 2 back in 2003. Then they made Postal 3....which was garbage. So to make up for it, the people who made Postal 2 made a DLC for it.......12 years later. I bought it the day it came out. What I'm trying to say is hell yeah I'd buy more Sims 2 content today!
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    an update to 64-bit would be nice, but how they're currently handling things with the current game I'd prefer they keep their paws off TS2. The only way I'd accept more content is if it was made during the time TS2 was still expanding. Again this is just because of what I've witnessed for the past 5 years.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I would buy, I’d kill for some new hairstyles makeup and clothes and for plant sims to be able to experience childhood. As well as a new town.

But only as long as we can get most of the people who mod the game/create custom content to come back, I know this one modder who saved my town, she died of cancer years ago and I never knew her but she did so much for the game I honestly couldn’t imagine my game without her content, just as creators who have moved on I like their stuff in my game and I also need my simPE.

But yeah more aspirations would be nice as would a new town if they find out a way to do it with out me having to take out a lot of stuff then yes they should do it!

(Honestly I’d be happy if they ported the rest of the games to the Mac and updated that game to work with the many apple updates since super collection came out, finally give Mac players the full experience!

I’d also love to download the sims life, pet, and castaway stories for my PC! If we could just be able to put down lots in castaway stories I’d play it forever!

But no really though remember super collection I can’t play it if I update my laptop... I remember I had to have a Mac to play super collection incase my pc couldn’t play UC... and now I can’t play my Mac game (yes it’s incomplete but I’d like to be able too play it.)

• lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,079 Member
    edited October 2019
    DevSims91 wrote: »
    Yes! Yes! Yes! I would buy, I’d kill for some new hairstyles makeup and clothes and for plant sims to be able to experience childhood. As well as a new town.

But only as long as we can get most of the people who mod the game/create custom content to come back, I know this one modder who saved my town, she died of cancer years ago and I never knew her but she did so much for the game I honestly couldn’t imagine my game without her content, just as creators who have moved on I like their stuff in my game and I also need my simPE.

But yeah more aspirations would be nice as would a new town if they find out a way to do it with out me having to take out a lot of stuff then yes they should do it!

(Honestly I’d be happy if they ported the rest of the games to the Mac and updated that game to work with the many apple updates since super collection came out, finally give Mac players the full experience!

I’d also love to download the sims life, pet, and castaway stories for my PC! If we could just be able to put down lots in castaway stories I’d play it forever!

But no really though remember super collection I can’t play it if I update my laptop... I remember I had to have a Mac to play super collection incase my pc couldn’t play UC... and now I can’t play my Mac game (yes it’s incomplete but I’d like to be able too play it.)

Mootilda?
    It would be great if they finished porting it to Mac. I always played it in a Windows partition after I got my Mac, because I had Ultimate Collection, but it sure would be simpler native. Super collection isn't really very super.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    No, it doesn't work on windows 10 and can no longer really play it. They would have to update everything and just don't see them doing that. If it did work, YES! Sims 2 is the best.
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    No, it doesn't work on windows 10 and can no longer really play it. They would have to update everything and just don't see them doing that. If it did work, YES! Sims 2 is the best.

It does work on Windows 10 for some people.

It falls into the realm of old no longer supported games.

The more time and more operating systems that get released since a game launches the more likely you will have to jump through hoops in order to install and/or play the game. Eventually it gets to the point where some people can and some people can't install and/or play the game and no one can figure out any rhyme or reason as to what's the difference.

The more different an OS is from the OS it was designed for the more likely it is to reach the point where some people can and some can't install and/or play. A vast majority will have to jump through some hoops. It will be the rare person that can install and play without having to do anything. And Windows 10 is very different from Windows XP. The Ultimate Collection solved the install problem for some people, but the play issue can be a problem still.

It's just an unfortunate aspect of technology.

The only thing you can do is hope you can get a computer that will install and play the game well to work and that it stays functional for as long as you have interest in the game.
  • Yaoi_Huntress_EarthYaoi_Huntress_Earth Posts: 2 New Member
    I wouldn't mind seeing some new stuff, myself.

> @DevSims91 said:
    > I’d also love to download the sims life, pet, and castaway stories for my PC! If we could just be able to put down lots in castaway stories I’d play it forever!

You can have the pet stories as neighbor and subhoods here: https://modthesims.info/d/614989/garden-heights-aka-best-in-show-neighborhood-recreation-no-cc.html
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    @
    lisamwitt wrote: »
    DevSims91 wrote: »

Mootilda?
    It would be great if they finished porting it to Mac. I always played it in a Windows partition after I got my Mac, because I had Ultimate Collection, but it sure would be simpler native. Super collection isn't really very super.

Yes, I believe so, Mootilda has saved my game and let me make my own uberhoods

I totally agree, and Super Collection hasn’t been updated in years, and I have a 2015 Mac Pro but I haven’t updated for months for fear of not being able to play my games on it. I not only have sims 2 SC but I have all the stories games too and despite them not being able to handle CC outside of default replacement skin in Castaway I’d still like to play them (I’ve tried the way you are able to get CC in super collection but it hasn’t worked for me)... I don’t know if there needs to be another step I’m missing or if EA found a way to get rid of the CC in these Mac versions because for at least a few of the sims in my game they were able to bring their cuter aka CC clothes with them back when I could play them on PC)
    I wouldn't mind seeing some new stuff, myself.

> @DevSims91 said:
    > I’d also love to download the sims life, pet, and castaway stories for my PC! If we could just be able to put down lots in castaway stories I’d play it forever!

You can have the pet stories as neighbor and subhoods here: https://modthesims.info/d/614989/garden-heights-aka-best-in-show-neighborhood-recreation-no-cc.html

OMG thank you!!!!! For some reason I forgot about those (I was afraid to download the pets one because I want the sims to keep their faces in elder hood, but since I’ve last seen it, it has been fixed and they added the pets too!) Yay!
  • JadesimmerJadesimmer Posts: 76 Member
    Definitely yes with no doubt!
    4kTG3iX.png
  • windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,372 Member
    Yes, no doubt about it. That's the best Sims game they ever made as far as I'm concerned.
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    Absolutely not. Considering what's been put on offer with horrid Sims 4, and items in the TS3 store that amputate pieces of sims fingers ( AND that are still being sold with that issues ) then I wouldn't trust anything EA churned out anymore.

I would MUCH rather download things that are community created. At least the TS2 community cares about what it is making, and supports those creations.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Yaoi_Huntress_EarthYaoi_Huntress_Earth Posts: 2 New Member
    One thing I'd like them to do first is do a re-release of TS2 that is workable for Windows 10 since I keep hearing stories about how the game acts up with that one.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »

It works on my laptop and desktop with Win 10.
  • KatsKatsKatsKats Posts: 976 Member
    One thing I'd like them to do first is do a re-release of TS2 that is workable for Windows 10 since I keep hearing stories about how the game acts up with that one.

I have Win 10 and have since it came out and Sims 2 works fine on it for me. I'm not sure why, or what the problem is that others are having.