Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well, Plum.

I made my first mermaid in CAS.
I made her a lovely home on the water, which took me at least 45 minutes to build and furnish.

After being in live mode for about THREE MINUTES, I had her summon a thunderstorm. She was almost immediately struck by lightning and she died. This is exactly the kind of thing that would happen to me. *facepalm*

Comments

• Options
    simspeaker4simspeaker4 Posts: 5,999 Member
    Ouch! Brutal. Hope you exited without saving.
    I am a perfectly decrepit withered old hag who enjoys self-mockery.

Need help falling asleep? http://wry7000.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    LOL, sorry but this is too funny! At least you haven't put a lot of time into this game?
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    sorry I had to laugh it sounds both awful and awesome at the same time! I feel for ya tho.

I made a sim for rags to riches once and she died two days in a heat wave struck and she had to pee so she was doing that slow pee waddle and bam spontaneous combustion.
  • Options
    SummerStreakSummerStreak Posts: 119 Member
    It just wasn't meant to be :D
    Maybe bring her back as a ghost mermaid? Is that a thing?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m sorry I also laughed. Such an unfortunate situation though. I would have so exited without saving lol.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I admit it, I laughed too, haha 😂
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member
    Oh no! So sorry!
    I'm the kind of paranoid control freak that would have saved the second before I summoned the thunderstorm.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    That's rough. It's weird, I've never had a sim accidentally die. I feel like it would be frustrating but add some spontaneity to the game.
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    treece01 wrote: »
    Oh no! So sorry!
    I'm the kind of paranoid control freak that would have saved the second before I summoned the thunderstorm.

I've never had a sim accidentally die before, so I didn't even think to save my game. A foolish mistake is a lesson learned.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    edited July 2019
    lol sorry.
    reminds me of when my simself grandson just married rapunzel but she died of embarrasment from the wishing well basically telling her in explicit detail why she didt have what it takes to be promoted in her job or something. It was horrid. I was like noooooo! but now she's a ghost, thinks of her embarrassing moments at times....poor thing.

btw did you take pics?
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    My mermaid was sleeping in the ocean behind her house while her son and daughter were asleep inside. It happened to be raining, and she was struck by lightning twice in a row and died. Luckily, her son was able to plead with the Grim Reaper and, even more luckily, he listened and brought her back to life.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    bookwormst699bookwormst699 Posts: 21 Member
    Honestly, I think I'm going to enjoy finding the spontaneity within the game, like the unusual deaths and bad luck that have happened sinc e The Sims in 2000. My game copy arrives tomorrow.
  • Options
    HannaSarasHannaSaras Posts: 25 Member
    Oh no lol. I've had almost the exact same thing happen to me, only my sim set on fire when cooking grilled cheese and the game would not let me put her out. I've not made grilled cheese since lol.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Rofl. Sorry that happened but it is also very funny.

Similar thing happened to me in ts3. I spent time creating the home and family from Little House on the Prairie and very soon after I started playing a meteor dropped on Laura Ingalls head. I was gutted at the time but my hubby thought it was hysterical. I laugh about it now.
  • Options
    ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    As terrible as this sounds, it is unfortunately hilarious. It's these kinds of things that have taught me over the years to periodically save often. By now I'm a veteran with these kinds of issues and I usually laugh when this stuff happens. It used to anger me so much, though.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    Rofl. Sorry that happened but it is also very funny.

Similar thing happened to me in ts3. I spent time creating the home and family from Little House on the Prairie and very soon after I started playing a meteor dropped on Laura Ingalls head. I was gutted at the time but my hubby thought it was hysterical. I laugh about it now.

To be fair, that is the sort of thing that would happen to the Ingalls family. They were rather unlucky, if you read the books and articles on Wikipedia. And Alonzo Wilder continued that unlucky streak.

Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Now that's game play lol sorry can't help it 😄 But yeah, water, mermaid, thunderstorm...not a good outcome there. I would be staring at the screen in disbelief.
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    Sorry for your loss! Still, that made me laugh, it's kinda cool how this game is unpredictable. Assuming her house is still there and you can move in soomeone else? Not totally wasted :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
  • Options
    TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    That is hilarious. What are the odds!
    // take me back to 2018.
  • Options
    I thought they had to be struck by lightning twice in order to die! Wow, you got really unlucky.

Maybe it had something to do with her being in the water when it happened?
  • Options
    Now that's game play lol sorry can't help it 😄 But yeah, water, mermaid, thunderstorm...not a good outcome there. I would be staring at the screen in disbelief.

I was! It was definitely my most shocking experience in this game...no pun intended.