Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What pack does ‘Redacted’ refer to?

IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
SimGuru Ninja just posted a picture on Twitter with his sim in Sulani using the pack ‘Redacted’. What do you guys think it will be?

I’m trying to add the picture, but I’m on mobile and I can’t. Who can help me?
Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
Post edited by Irdiwen on

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    Gee, I wonder. XD
  • Options
    Thanks, @luthienrising!

Considering the horrified sims, he could be naked (but he’s not, he could be a wizard calling a tropical storm... or he’s wearong some godawful Moschino swimtrunks 😂.
  • Options
    Gee, I wonder. XD
    Sarcasm or not? I can’t read sarcasm so I’m asking.
  • Options
    Of the two packs we know about, I'd have to go with Realm of Magic as a guess?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    Gee, I wonder. XD

That was sarcasm, lol.
  • Options
    Gee, I wonder. XD

That was sarcasm, lol.

So you're assuming it's nudity? We already have that, though.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "Redacted" means "edited" or "censored", more or less, depending on context.
    redacted adjective
    re·​dact·​ed | \ ri-ˈdak-təd \
    Definition of redacted
    : edited especially in order to obscure or remove sensitive information
  • Options
    Gee, I wonder. XD

That was sarcasm, lol.

So you're assuming it's nudity? We already have that, though.

I thought that's what the blur meant. But true. I just assumed it was a hint toward University.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Redacted means, simply, that something has been blocked out. If it's text, then a dark opaque (like a black marker) line has been drawn over the text, so that you can't read what it says. Or what @Sindocat said.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    I know what the word means.

And if you look at the picture, the sim is not naked. There’s dark blur that looks like underwear or swim trunks.

It might indeed have to do with Realm of Magic.
  • Options

And if you look at the picture, the sim is not naked. There’s dark blur that looks like underwear or swim trunks.

Then why not just say 'Realm of Magic', since they've already announced it, and even if they said that's what it is, we still wouldn't know what the blurred Sim is doing.

That's why I think it's an as-of-yet-unannounced pack.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    edited June 2019
    The pixelated area looks like a sim wearing nothing but black shorts (swimming attire?) which makes sense on a tropical island, I don't think the Sim is naked.

Maybe the two Islander Sims are Mermaids and the pixelated Sim is a new occult from Realm of Magic. Maybe Mermaids have a natural rivalry with/fear of whatever occult the new Sim is.
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member

Then why not just say 'Realm of Magic', since they've already announced it, and even if they said that's what it is, we still wouldn't know what the blurred Sim is doing.

I agree. The magic pack has been announced so they would’ve included the name. It’s no secret now they’re working on it, this is probably something unannounced
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member

I've seen speculation that the image is resembling a werewolf face and thus could be a hint for werewolves being the next occult AFTER RoM.
    The pixelated area looks like a sim wearing nothing but black shorts (swimming attire?) which makes sense on a tropical island, I don't think the Sim is naked.

Maybe the two Islander Sims are Mermaids and the pixelated Sim is a new occult from Realm of Magic. Maybe Mermaids have a natural rivalry with/fear of whatever occult the new Sim is.

That might fit into it as well. Werewolves can eat fish, right? Thus, a mermaid could be afraid of such a carnivore.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options

Good point!
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    He is a werewolf.
  • Options
    simsonthemoonsimsonthemoon Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think by zooming into the thought bubbles above the 2 other sims heads, that the face looks like a werewolf. I feel like see red eyes but maybe thats just me seeing things lol
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Freygea wrote: »
    He is a werewolf.

If these speculations are right, how long ahead of release could their packs be? I doubt Realm of Magic, being a GP, will have more than one occult. This, in turn, would mean he's playing with a pack that will (likely) be only released in early 2020 at the soonest. It might be a very early build, sure, and I know they said they have plans for packs 3 years ahead but they can be developing only so many at once.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Maybe he's peeing.

The Sims 4: 101 New Ways To Pee game pack!
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    Island Living + Moschino Stuff
    i mean i'd respond that way to those hideous clothes too so
    It's probably Moschino. The look in their eyes says it all.

lol, twitter reactions really are the best
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    Here on the forums SimGuruNinja has said he’s been playing Realm of Magic, so I’m guessing it’s that.

From the thread ‘REALM OF MAGIC! SPECULATION!’
    (secret I won't tell: I was playing the pack today and gosh do I love some of these visuals <3<3<3 )

He posted this on the 15th of June and that twitter post went up on the 19th...

He also posted this in reference to Realm of Magic on the 15th of June in the thread ‘Pet dragons in sims 4 please’
    I'm playing it everyday right now. It makes me smile.
    I hope it makes y'all smile too.

Since he said on the 15th of June that he’s playing Realm of Magic every day, that makes it likely he was playing it on the 19th when that tweet went up.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2019
    After the "350 new swatches" - thing I am very skeptical about teasing from the simgurus.

So I'm gonna say the sim is just wearing a new outfit, like a werewolf costume or something.