Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

They're working on adding ocean swimming to other worlds

So cc creator brazenlotus made this tumblr post: https://brazenlotus.tumblr.com/post/185520074992/thank-you-ea-for-allowing-me-to-participate-in/amp

EA made a special livestream for gcers that couldn't make it to ea play. They said that they are trying to make ocean swimming available in the other world bit it hasn't been implemented yet.

There is also some cool info in this post so check it out!
Check out my twitter and tumblr

Comments

• Options
    godfatheroz2godfatheroz2 Posts: 87 Member
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Yay!! Do Del Sol a valley first and add lots to the beach area!! 💙💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Thank goodness. All of that stuff sounds great!
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I really hope they get it working. This is great news.
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    It may take a while, but it is a hope to retroactively add it some day. For the moment it'll just be Sulani, but at least eh tech will be there.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Ooh, that's good to hear. The effort is appreciated :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I so hope this is true. I don't think the other beaches could ever take away from the beauty of Sulani (and their pack profits) but it would really be a good thing to have.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    So cc creator brazenlotus made this tumblr post: https://brazenlotus.tumblr.com/post/185520074992/thank-you-ea-for-allowing-me-to-participate-in/amp

EA made a special livestream for gcers that couldn't make it to ea play. They said that they are trying to make ocean swimming available in the other world bit it hasn't been implemented yet.

There is also some cool info in this post so check it out!

AWESOME!!!! Finally good grief! I hope this is true, and that sims will be able to swim in Brindleton Bay, Windenburg and Granite Falls. Plus I hope they update those beaches so that sims also leave footprints in the sand.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    It sounds like we are getting a big patch too! With part time jobs being unlocked for adults.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Another tumblr post mentioned this too, and it's very exciting to hear! I really hope they'll make the BB ocean swimmable too :D
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Yes! :smiley: I’m so glad to hear this! :heart:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Akil wrote: »
    I so hope this is true. I don't think the other beaches could ever take away from the beauty of Sulani (and their pack profits) but it would really be a good thing to have.

Yeah, it's just like with TS3 Island Paradise. The previous patch that unlocked ocean swimming in the base game didn't diminish the value of the pack, because it offers so much more than that
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I really dont prefer exotic locales. I prefer Florida style "tropics" and beaches. So Im excited about this.
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »

Yeah, it's just like with TS3 Island Paradise. The previous patch that unlocked ocean swimming in the base game didn't diminish the value of the pack, because it offers so much more than that

Ocean swimming in TS3 was unlocked by the Seasons patch one year before IP. I wish they had repeated this in TS4.
  • Options

Ocean swimming in TS3 was unlocked by the Seasons patch one year before IP. I wish they had repeated this in TS4.

Yep, the "previous" part refers to the Seasons patch (although I only knew because of the Sims Wiki; otherwise I would've assumed it came with the IP patch :D )

Better late than never, I guess

• Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I could scream! This is awesome!
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,343 Member
    I so hope it's true.

Aqua jets and boats being inventory-enabled sounds good for a start. Maybe there's already some shenanigans that we can do with them, like boating on the lake in Granite Falls.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I so hope it's true.

Aqua jets and boats being inventory-enabled sounds good for a start. Maybe there's already some shenanigans that we can do with them, like boating on the lake in Granite Falls.

That'd actually be pretty cool making use of that big lake in Granite Falls being able to use the aqua jets.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member

Also when Seasons came we got (finally) back the diving board. Too bad we still don't for Sims 4. Oh well no doubt Pool Stuff Pack in the future.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Great. I can't wait to have to hunt around and make sure no one is going swimming in the middle of a Brindelton Bay blizzard. :s
  • Options
    Destin2016Destin2016 Posts: 568 Member
    Wonderful. I’ve always wanted my sims to swim at Granite Falls! And the other places too.
    You like me because I'm a scoundrel. There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Great. I can't wait to have to hunt around and make sure no one is going swimming in the middle of a Brindelton Bay blizzard. :s

You can always turn off weather effects :)
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Not as a priority, but I would also like to see swimming in the hidden lot, Sylvan Glades. There is not much to do there as it is and a mermaid would look awesome in those surroundings. You could have a mermaid living in Willow Creek who tries to keep her secret by only swimming in Sylvan Glades.

8Qr6uk0.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Not as a priority, but I would also like to see swimming in the hidden lot, Sylvan Glades. There is not much to do there as it is and a mermaid would look awesome in those surroundings. You could have a mermaid living in Willow Creek who tries to keep her secret by only swimming in Sylvan Glades.

8Qr6uk0.jpg

I like the way you think
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I for one don't believe them they just want us to buy the new Island Pack why isn't swimming in all the worlds what a rip off I was going to buy it but now I am on the fence.