March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Friday Highlight May 24th - A week on The Sims Forums

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
Sus sul Simmers!

I'm here one more Friday to share with you some of the great topics I came across while browsing the forums!

This week we are welcoming many new players to The Sims 4 community. How do we do that in The Sims 4? With a welcome wagon, of course!

pf78f4iddczi.png
Sorry for the creepy smile - this Sim was a bit... infected. She is bringing some fruitcake though! You like fruitcake, right? ;)

All those friends you have been trying to persuade to play The Sims in the past? Tell them the base game is free for a few days - they have no excuse not to give it a try now! And it's always fun to help your friends discover the game :smiley:
  • With that idea in mind @simgirl1010, inspired by @SimGuruGeorge, opened a discussion: 'Recommendations for new players'. Some really great ideas have been shared so far - open that link and add yours!
  • For more experienced players, but in the same line, let's think of '1000 fun things to do in Sims 4'! @telmarina re-started this thread yesterday, will we be able to reach 1000 this time? For sure we can! :smiley:
  • Next, let's take a look at a little fun game: 'What are your Sims 4 confessions/obsessions?'. What do you do in the game over and over again? ;)@hunniboo1 is not the only one who wants to know! Check the thread out, and add your little secrets! ;)
  • Moving on to the Creative corner, let me show you @liel88's creations! There are many awesome builds in their 'Builds by liel88' topic that you should add to your library right now! I mean, look at the house in the comment I linked! :love:
  • I'm not forgetting about The Sims 3 section today, neither about including a poll in the list! @Thunderpie69 has us covered with the great discussion they started this week: 'Do you use zodiacs for your Sims?'. Vote, vote, vote! (Well, just once!)

Thanks for joining me one more week, I'll be back with more next Friday! Now it's your turn to share screenshots, or great threads - use that comment button!

Happy weekend, and happy simming!
-Mai

Comments

• merilillmerilill Posts: 1 New Member
    good game i love
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Thank you for the mention @EA_Mai! Much love✌️
  • queenvortex808queenvortex808 Posts: 1,033 Member
    The pic is like the sims coming over to welcome you and push fruitcake down your throat. Sounds like a family gathering! :D
    I play on PS4! Otaku here! From the lands of Canada 🇨🇦
    Haha, you clicked, now you have to read all my Sword Art Online fan fiction!
    edited May 2019
    Can't wait for next week's!
    Post edited by queenvortex808 on
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    Congratulations in your showcase thread being mentioned in Friday Highlights @liel88 B)!

Great thread's everyone, and nice screenshot B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• FancyNightFancyNight Posts: 35 Member
    Congrats to everyone getting on the highlights, you all deserve it!
    Can't wait to see who gets featured next week!
    SilentConfusion.png
  • CatrollzCatrollz Posts: 39 Member
    Oh no, not this famous fruits cake ahah
    Theses topics seem to be cool !
    x5wy.png
    instagram.com/catrollzsims
    catrollzsims.tumblr.com
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    That picture perfectly sums up what I feel about neighbors that bring fruit cake as a greeting!
  • Jacquelyne202Jacquelyne202 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello! Im one of the “new” sims 4 ppl but have been playing since Sims 1. I Play 3 for hours sometimes still. With all that being said.. I got 4 when it first came out.. hated it and returned it. 4 years later I heard it was free and they added new content so I gave it another try.[i] Now here I am[/i]! I have to say I’m still [b]extremely[/b] disappointed with it.Why did they take away open world & color wheel? Lol foolish. It gets sooo boring really fast and after about 4 sim days (1-2 hours) of playing I got extremely board with it and started looking up cheats. Got bord even with cheats and went to play Red dead redemption. EA could learn a thing or two from the Rockstar franchise. They actually know how to entertain players and keep what works and add to it. I’m glad I have it for free but I’m not going to give one dollar to EA for packs. I’m simply not impressed. It’s only a matter of time before a new company comes along and takes over virtual play. Until then I’ll be playing 3 with all the mods and cc I can find. I honestly feel bad for core fans bcuz you guys deserve better. 💔
    Hello! Im one of the “new” sims 4 ppl but have been playing since Sims 1. I Play 3 for hours sometimes still. With all that being said.. I got 4 when it first came out.. hated it and returned it. 4 years later I heard it was free and they added new content so I gave it another try. Now here I am! I have to say I’m still extremely disappointed with it.Why did they take away open world & color wheel? Lol foolish. It gets sooo boring really fast and after about 4 sim days (1-2 hours) of playing I got extremely board with it and started looking up cheats. Got bord even with cheats and went to play Red dead redemption. EA could learn a thing or two from the Rockstar franchise. They actually know how to entertain players and keep what works and add to it. I’m glad I have it for free but I’m not going to give one dollar to EA for packs. I’m simply not impressed. It’s only a matter of time before a new company comes along and takes over virtual play. Until then I’ll be playing 3 with all the mods and cc I can find. I honestly feel bad for core fans bcuz you guys deserve better. 💔

I am so sorry you didn't enjoy it. The Sims 4 is actually my favourite sims game.
  • ShannitraShannitra Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="Jacquelyne202;c-17077211"]Hello! Im one of the “new” sims 4 ppl but have been playing since Sims 1. I Play 3 for hours sometimes still. With all that being said.. I got 4 when it first came out.. hated it and returned it. 4 years later I heard it was free and they added new content so I gave it another try.[i] Now here I am[/i]! I have to say I’m still [b]extremely[/b] disappointed with it.Why did they take away open world & color wheel? Lol foolish. It gets sooo boring really fast and after about 4 sim days (1-2 hours) of playing I got extremely board with it and started looking up cheats. Got bord even with cheats and went to play Red dead redemption. EA could learn a thing or two from the Rockstar franchise. They actually know how to entertain players and keep what works and add to it. I’m glad I have it for free but I’m not going to give one dollar to EA for packs. I’m simply not impressed. It’s only a matter of time before a new company comes along and takes over virtual play. Until then I’ll be playing 3 with all the mods and cc I can find. I honestly feel bad for core fans bcuz you guys deserve better. 💔[/quote]

I never commented before. I play Sims 3 also. I purchased 4 when it came out for ps4. I'm not liking that there's zero story progressions. They just walk around and die like zombies. No point to their lives at all. I even purchased packs and expansions. No matter what I do I can't get into it. I'll stick with 3. Wish I never purchased 4.
  • liel88liel88 Posts: 631 Member
    What a wonderful surprise!

Thank you so much @EA_Mai for featuring my showcase thread! <3

Thank you @coolsim9999999 for the congrats! <3
    gZJwNIt.jpg
  • coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,016 Member
    You're very welcome @liel88 B)!
    4kkjdXo.png

• KaduMcFadu80KaduMcFadu80 Posts: 57 Member
    > @Shannitra said:
    > [quote="Jacquelyne202;c-17077211"]Hello! Im one of the “new” sims 4 ppl but have been playing since Sims 1. I Play 3 for hours sometimes still. With all that being said.. I got 4 when it first came out.. hated it and returned it. 4 years later I heard it was free and they added new content so I gave it another try.[i] Now here I am[/i]! I have to say I’m still [b]extremely[/b] disappointed with it.Why did they take away open world & color wheel? Lol foolish. It gets sooo boring really fast and after about 4 sim days (1-2 hours) of playing I got extremely board with it and started looking up cheats. Got bord even with cheats and went to play Red dead redemption. EA could learn a thing or two from the Rockstar franchise. They actually know how to entertain players and keep what works and add to it. I’m glad I have it for free but I’m not going to give one dollar to EA for packs. I’m simply not impressed. It’s only a matter of time before a new company comes along and takes over virtual play. Until then I’ll be playing 3 with all the mods and cc I can find. I honestly feel bad for core fans bcuz you guys deserve better. 💔[/quote]
    >
    > I never commented before. I play Sims 3 also. I purchased 4 when it came out for ps4. I'm not liking that there's zero story progressions. They just walk around and die like zombies. No point to their lives at all. I even purchased packs and expansions. No matter what I do I can't get into it. I'll stick with 3. Wish I never purchased 4.

I used to hate the lack of story progression with townies too, until I started doing it all in Manage Worlds instead. I'd pick out a household and select edit. Then I'd add a new sim, "marry" them in the Relationships menu (below walk style) and add another sim using genetics to give them a child. I found it a lot of fun because I also allowed me to give everyone makeovers. Perhaps that might be something to try the next time you feel the itch to play Sims 4 again?
  • ZikitheturtlZikitheturtl Posts: 35 Member
    hahaha I love your sim's expression
  • ItsProbablyMeItsProbablyMe Posts: 17 Member
    Hopefully, there are some new expansions on the horizon now the base game is free!
  • ShannitraShannitra Posts: 2 New Member
    [quote="KaduMcFadu80;c-17078217"]> @Shannitra said:
    > [quote="Jacquelyne202;c-17077211"]Hello! Im one of the “new” sims 4 ppl but have been playing since Sims 1. I Play 3 for hours sometimes still. With all that being said.. I got 4 when it first came out.. hated it and returned it. 4 years later I heard it was free and they added new content so I gave it another try.[i] Now here I am[/i]! I have to say I’m still [b]extremely[/b] disappointed with it.Why did they take away open world & color wheel? Lol foolish. It gets sooo boring really fast and after about 4 sim days (1-2 hours) of playing I got extremely board with it and started looking up cheats. Got bord even with cheats and went to play Red dead redemption. EA could learn a thing or two from the Rockstar franchise. They actually know how to entertain players and keep what works and add to it. I’m glad I have it for free but I’m not going to give one dollar to EA for packs. I’m simply not impressed. It’s only a matter of time before a new company comes along and takes over virtual play. Until then I’ll be playing 3 with all the mods and cc I can find. I honestly feel bad for core fans bcuz you guys deserve better. 💔[/quote]
    >
    > I never commented before. I play Sims 3 also. I purchased 4 when it came out for ps4. I'm not liking that there's zero story progressions. They just walk around and die like zombies. No point to their lives at all. I even purchased packs and expansions. No matter what I do I can't get into it. I'll stick with 3. Wish I never purchased 4.

I used to hate the lack of story progression with townies too, until I started doing it all in Manage Worlds instead. I'd pick out a household and select edit. Then I'd add a new sim, "marry" them in the Relationships menu (below walk style) and add another sim using genetics to give them a child. I found it a lot of fun because I also allowed me to give everyone makeovers. Perhaps that might be something to try the next time you feel the itch to play Sims 4 again?[/quote]

I don't like controlling every single character. I like the story progressions of Sims 3. Sims 3 NPC have jobs, get married, have kids all on their own. I don't like Sims 4 because they don't. I'm not gonna sit for hours choosing who does what when I just want to worry about my Sims. Not every Sim in the town.