Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potential EP 7 Teaser Coming Tomorrow?

1234568...Next

Comments

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Maybe June 28th is not the day. Nothing at all has been confirmed yet.

That's cause their waiting till EA Play to confirm the date. It could be June 21st for all we know.
    It takes too long
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Normally, we get about three trailers on three different aspects of the EP. It seems like the timeline is getting too small for EAPlay, three trailers and other stuff to be done before the 28th of June to be a realistic release date.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    @Dannydanbo I know what you're saying. LOL This is the problem that comes from not telling people the truth. By ramping up the hype with a couple of tweets, EA managed to buy themselves another week before they have to say anything. If they don't deliver something that is worth all this..... there will be a lot of ticked off people on this forum come Saturday night. Some Simmers have their hopes set so high they can't see straight. But all they see is the EP. They aren't looking at the whole picture of what is going on in June.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    Well on the bright side they haven’t done one of the normal.. “don’t get too hyped” so maybe it will be something worth all this drama.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Well on the bright side they haven’t done one of the normal.. “don’t get too hyped” so maybe it will be something worth all this drama.

True bahahha
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    Not yet atleast, they do that when they confirm something will be announced, not when it’s assumed something will be announced
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    First of all, this entire thread is so interesting, but if we really get a tropical paradise expansion.... I’m already skeptical. All the other “vacation packs” we’ve gotten- Outdoor Retreat & Jungle Adventure- have been game packs... whereas this is listed as an EP... if it is a tropical paradise world it might be to live in and not so much for vacation... or maybe both. All I know is my sims family is moving ASAP because Windenburg isn’t it... lol
  • Options
    I don't think I will be disappointed in the theme of the pack (island paradise?) or whatever makes it into the final version of the pack, but I am disappointed in waiting until EAPlay to announce (if that is their plan). I'd like to know far enough in advance to built a few lots for the new world and create some households for that world. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Oh my expectations are in the dirt because that is how little I want a tropical pack. :) I expect them to be met handily.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    It would be great if they released a trailer before EA play. And then have all this game changers play it there and maybe announce a few other surprises. But most probably they'll keep it all, whatever it is, to EA play so that we'll all be there and they'll get incredible audiences.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    It would be great if they released a trailer before EA play. And then have all this game changers play it there and maybe announce a few other surprises. But most probably they'll keep it all, whatever it is, to EA play so that we'll all be there and they'll get incredible audiences.

What they should do is show the teaser Friday then Saturday the full trailer followed by some live gameplay but I dont see them showing a teaser at all with it being at EA Play.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Even a screenshot might make me more inclined to watch the Sims4 part in that live stream schedule. Since I don't play the other titles EA is showcasing, the only game that interests me is Sims4. And as much as I would enjoy some good news on Sims4, it irritates me we have to wait through over two hours of live stream to get to the news we have been waiting for all these months. But if the news EA has to share is really as hype-worthy as they want us to believe, it's only natural for them to save the best for last, I guess. We will be on the road heading back home on Saturday and that usually means we will run into a few areas where there is no cell phone or internet coverage. So even if I want to pull over and watch the live streams while eating lunch there probably won't be a way for me to watch. LOL So getting a little screenshot or teaser on Friday would make me very happy.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    But you don’t need to watch all of it. You can just tune in at about a quarter begore The Sims talk should begin, right?
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    If there is an announcement trailer during EAPlay, I imagine that it would be released in all places at the same time like here and Facebook, etc.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »
    But you don’t need to watch all of it. You can just tune in at about a quarter begore The Sims talk should begin, right?

That's what I'm planning to do. None of the other games interest me.
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Irdiwen wrote: »

That's probably why they mention the times each games would be featured so ppl can hop on and hop off when they please
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    bluelightingbluelighting Posts: 704 Member
    dont think i'd care for a game to come out day before a week-end. if something goes wrong like with freelancer know one will be around to do a hot fix
  • Options
    IrishSimmer21IrishSimmer21 Posts: 464 Member
    I don't play any other games so I'll be tuning in at 8pm (UK).
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Form EA Twitter:

2 days until EA PLAY, meaning 2 days until:
    - Meeting your favorite content creators
    - seeing brand new trailers
    - playing your favorite upcoming gameshttp://x.ea.com/58131
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I like shorter times in revealing what's next. There will be two or three weeks before anything gets released June 21st or later. That means a two week embargo, which I find very boring. I would rather announce a pack today, release tomorrow, lol, that way I don't have to go through the speculation, arguments, guessing, cursing, fan dissapointent and unnecessary hype. Announce/Release is so much easier on a fan/consumer. Embargo is such a pain for anyone when you know they are going to buy it no matter what.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    toxikittentoxikitten Posts: 26 New Member
    Omg I hope so!
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited June 2019
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I like shorter times in revealing what's next. There will be two or three weeks before anything gets released June 21st or later. That means a two week embargo, which I find very boring. I would rather announce a pack today, release tomorrow, lol, that way I don't have to go through the speculation, arguments, guessing, cursing, fan dissapointent and unnecessary hype. Announce/Release is so much easier on a fan/consumer. Embargo is such a pain for anyone when you know they are going to buy it no matter what.

I already like the way they handle announcement - release nowadays. Waiting for three months between announcement and release was always a torture. If this pack is really coming out June 21st or June 28th it's almost here and the wait is almost nothing.

The only downside of this new strategy is that there are very long periods of nothing, which on the other hand is also really boring.