Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Potential EP 7 Teaser Coming Tomorrow?

Comments

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Maddis wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    So, it should be announced this week.

Probably, but knowing EA, they'' wait until EA Play.

They don't announce things at an event. They announce them before the event to get players to show up and experience it. Have they ever announced anything during EAPlay?

They announced The Sims 4 Get Together & Cats and Dogs at Gamescom which technically is the same as EA Play :smile:

Actually, they are not the same. Gamescom is a video gaming trade show for the entire industry. EAPlay is for EA only and held for their products only. Gamescom is much larger than EAPLay. They don't invite Game Changers to Gamescom to play a new release.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    I hope they do a teaser today, in the sim gurus on twitter thread simguruvix posted she was working on a blog post for us, it was on May 24th. I’m so excited I just want info :)
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »
    I hope they do a teaser today, in the sim gurus on twitter thread simguruvix posted she was working on a blog post for us, it was on May 24th. I’m so excited I just want info :)

That's for new content coming to Sims Mobile.
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Simskrista wrote: »

lol
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    And speaking of announcement I wonder when we'll be getting the livestreams on the Tropical Pack. Generally they have 3. They could be connected with EA Play but I doubt it since EA has other games as well to show.

And what do you think they'll show? I know one of them will be for the world, one for CAS/Build+Buy, but what would the other one be for? Gameplay?

Gameplay and or Resorts if we're getting those and can run them.

Beach Activities

Resorts would be their own Game Pack with how they design DLC in Sims 4.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I hope they don't release a tropical game pack! It would include another small world where our Sims wouldn't be able to live, have fewer activities, and basically be a much smaller and 'meh' version of what we had in Sims3. This pack is one of the most asked for packs, and has been for a couple of years. To downgrade it then pass it off as a game pack is not what we have been asking for at all. This forum would implode if that happened. And since this may be the first pack created to be played on 64-Bit systems, we expect it to knock our socks off. We've been hearing for years that some things cannot be done in Sims4 because of the restrictions that were placed on it when EA decided to make Sims4 compatible with older computers. Now that future content can be created in the absence of these restrictions, we expect that content to be better, not a continuation of the failings of the past.

EmmaVane wrote: »
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Why to announce this week and say nothing at EA Play ?

It would be normal if they keep this announcement for EA Play, the people can wait 9 more days because we have already been waiting for 3 months.

In the May Maxis Monthly, SimGuruLyndsay did say there would not be a big announcement made at EA Play. The only thing she seemed to be excited about was the fact she and SimGuruDuke would be there to meet with the fans and 'maybe' share a few small surprises with attendees. So her statement might sound ambiguous, if one is inclined to think a small surprise means telling everyone about a new expansion. There is nothing small about finding out about a new expansion. And if they were fishing for more Simmers to attend their event, I would think they would say they had a big announcement to make at EA Play which would pretty much guarantee the event would be overwhelmed by fans. If they make the announcement before EA Play they will see an uptick in attendance as well. So my guess is they will announce the EP before EA Play. And trying to wade through everything that has been said since SimGuruGraham's announcement on April 9th, has been a real pain. The fact the gurus and EA have remained stoically silent since the leaks, only adds to the mystery. They have not denied, nor confirmed, the leaks are the real deal. EA is a master when it comes to playing head games with the fans.

So I just went and rewatched the VOD for May Maxis Monthly, and she seems to say the opposite of this.

Lyndsay said they will "share a thing or two" at EA Play, and Duke said we will "hopefully have some news."

https://clips.twitch.tv/WimpyVenomousWoodcockFloof

Yes, I realize they are planning to share a few things. But the way they both played into it told me there is nothing to discuss beyond what has already been said about when the update and the Legacy Edition will be released. Nowhere in that vod was mention made of a big announcement. If one were coming, I would think they would have been a bit more excited. A big smile, open body language, anything to indicate an eagerness to share, all of that was missing. While they talked about their shared past with EA, they were open and laughing. One question from chat about upcoming content and they went back to being closed off. So, what was the point of that live stream? To let us know they were going to be at EA Play? They are going to let us know when to expect the next update? When the new EP will be released? When to expect a teaser about the new EP? The only things that I got out of it were the same unaswered questions and the fact they would be at EA Play to meet with the fans. Believe me, I wanted there to be more in that live stream. But I simply did not see anything that indicated any big announcements were going to dropped at EA Play. I hope I'm wrong. I'd like something to look forward to also.
    I hope they don't release a tropical game pack! It would include another small world where our Sims wouldn't be able to live, have fewer activities, and basically be a much smaller and 'meh' version of what we had in Sims3. This pack is one of the most asked for packs, and has been for a couple of years. To downgrade it then pass it off as a game pack is not what we have been asking for at all. This forum would implode if that happened. And since this may be the first pack created to be played on 64-Bit systems, we expect it to knock our socks off. We've been hearing for years that some things cannot be done in Sims4 because of the restrictions that were placed on it when EA decided to make Sims4 compatible with older computers. Now that future content can be created in the absence of these restrictions, we expect that content to be better, not a continuation of the failings of the past.

I doubt Tropical Paradise is a Gamepack for the simple reason we got a Gamepack in February. This is more likely an Expansion cause EA Gamechangers are getting invited to the EA Play Event.
  • suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member

Most of the retail leaks say it's an EP
    @catloverplayer @suzyl3 Until there is an official announcement and a teaser trailer that confirms this is the tropical pradise/island expansion, anything can happen. And the longer EA procrastinates on giving us more info, and remains mum on the subject, the more upset the fans become. It isn't like EA not to deny leaks, no matter where they came from. Yet this one slipped by without any comment from EA or the gurus. Now there are four retail game sites with placeholders, just waiting to start taking preorders on an expansion EA refuses to acknowledge exists anywhere other than in our wildest hopes and dreams. Why are they doing this? If the expansion is ready to be released in June, game sites are openly advertising it, and we have not been given any indication this leak is not legit, why won't they simply announce it now? If the big secret is no longer a secret why continue the charade? It's just mind boggling the head games we endure when all we want is a little bit of news. I guess it all comes down to one little thing: A picture is worth a thousand words. I am not going to believe anything EA has to say unless it comes with a screenshot or a teaser trailer. Today passed with no news from anyone except for that unfortunate tweet from a guru that was quickly taken down. Poor guy. It's safe to say his day didn't go very well after that. I feel for him. The working conditions he has to put up with can't be very much fun. Waiting for new content isn't fun anymore either. All we are allowed to do is speculate on unknown themes of packs that may or not be released someday. Soon. They always say soon. Their definition of soon is way different than mine. Soon to me means sometime within the next couple of hours. In EA's dictionary soon means anytime within the next three years. For a company that creates games you'd think they could find a way to make the long waits between pack releases a bit more fun.
  • BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    @catloverplayer @suzyl3 Until there is an official announcement and a teaser trailer that confirms this is the tropical pradise/island expansion, anything can happen. And the longer EA procrastinates on giving us more info, and remains mum on the subject, the more upset the fans become. It isn't like EA not to deny leaks, no matter where they came from. Yet this one slipped by without any comment from EA or the gurus. Now there are four retail game sites with placeholders, just waiting to start taking preorders on an expansion EA refuses to acknowledge exists anywhere other than in our wildest hopes and dreams. Why are they doing this? If the expansion is ready to be released in June, game sites are openly advertising it, and we have not been given any indication this leak is not legit, why won't they simply announce it now? If the big secret is no longer a secret why continue the charade? It's just mind boggling the head games we endure when all we want is a little bit of news. I guess it all comes down to one little thing: A picture is worth a thousand words. I am not going to believe anything EA has to say unless it comes with a screenshot or a teaser trailer. Today passed with no news from anyone except for that unfortunate tweet from a guru that was quickly taken down. Poor guy. It's safe to say his day didn't go very well after that. I feel for him. The working conditions he has to put up with can't be very much fun. Waiting for new content isn't fun anymore either. All we are allowed to do is speculate on unknown themes of packs that may or not be released someday. Soon. They always say soon. Their definition of soon is way different than mine. Soon to me means sometime within the next couple of hours. In EA's dictionary soon means anytime within the next three years. For a company that creates games you'd think they could find a way to make the long waits between pack releases a bit more fun.

Whoa. Boom, you said it. You're on fire.
  • ElizabethMcElizabethMc Posts: 103 Member

I'm here for this breakdown.
    51933350_10157123903496029_4290593889716273152_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_oc=AQm2LuB9LApTdQSKlxPj0cx6XqQg9IesqTg0FX_Cs5sogqyRjcisK6oNSbsY0N0_9lwt4vNOYOiUqMNjNLvZACdN&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=6ab7359b62d930c33633ffd719730e38&oe=5D5F18F9
    Check out my Random Sims Skills Generator and more.
    Well, another day in the life of a Simmer. And so EA allows one of the gurus to tell us they will have a lot of stuff to 'show' us during the EA Play live stream. OMG! Wow, I am so underwhelmed. I won't be jumping up and down while clapping my hands in glee over this bit of news. If this news is supposed to clue us in to a big announcement being made about the next EP, it went right over my head. Releasing an EP is a huge deal, and one would think the folks at EA would be a bit more excited. Especially since the first fiscal quarter of fiscal year 2020 ends in June.

Rather than releasing the Legacy Edition in May, the update for 64-Bit systems in early June and the much anticipated EP in late June, EA has opted to release The Legacy Edition and the big update in June. And we probably won't see the new EP until July. If they are ready to do that, of course. The longer the news blackout continues to drag on, the more I believe their timeline is way off course. Why they decided to do three major releases in June is a mystery. But we don't know if an EP release was ever planned for June. Because saying anything would go against those rules and regulations....blahblahblah. The release of a new EP can only happen after we get the update. Nothing can move forward until then. The new EP will be the first one created to be played on 64-Bit systems only so it has to be as close to perfect as possible in order to justify dropping support for 32-Bit systems thus ending the ability for those Simmers to play future releases of new content. The switch to 64-Bit should have happened with the release of Sims4. It didn't, so that is why everything is being turned on its ear now. The only good part of this is the fact the quality of future releases should improve. Maybe they will find the resources needed to create lounge chairs, untethered babies, cars, larger worlds with more lots, spiral staircases, bunkbeds. Who knows? Anything could happen. And brace yourselves for all the unexpected glitches that might come with this update.

My mods, CC CAS items, CC Build and Buy items, my saves, these are at the top of my list of concerns. My CC items are critical add-ons that might be destined for the trash bin. My mods folder has been carefully monitored and added to over the course of four years. The thought of losing all, or even part of it, worries me. The mods for the bugs and irritations will have to be updated. Unless the creators decide they are finished with the process of updating every time EA releases updates, patches and new packs. Some of my CC was impacted by the last patch, and new glitches and bugs came along as well as older bugs that were once fixed, became broken again. Yes, I am the one that decided to use CC and mods. But CC and mods have been a large part of the franchise since the beginning, and should be taken into consideration whenever a big change is made. There is a category in discussions for the modding community so this is no surprise to EA or the teams. My hope is there will be little impact on my CAS and B/B assets. Some items that are older may be lost due to the update. I can live with that. Deleting old CC will allow me to add newer creations.

Whatever it is they say they will be showing at EA Play had better make up for last eighty days of silence from EA, and speculation on our part. That is a long time to wait for good news. By the time EA play rolls around it will have been a full three months since any real news has been shared with us. Twitter, Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage, the Game Changers program, these can never replace an announcement with substance that we can rely on as being truthful.

Well, another day in the life of a Simmer. And so EA allows one of the gurus to tell us they will have a lot of stuff to 'show' us during the EA Play live stream. OMG! Wow, I am so underwhelmed. I won't be jumping up and down while clapping my hands in glee over this bit of news. If this news is supposed to clue us in to a big announcement being made about the next EP, it went right over my head. Releasing an EP is a huge deal, and one would think the folks at EA would be a bit more excited. Especially since the first fiscal quarter of fiscal year 2020 ends in June.

Rather than releasing the Legacy Edition in May, the update for 64-Bit systems in early June and the much anticipated EP in late June, EA has opted to release The Legacy Edition and the big update in June. And we probably won't see the new EP until July. If they are ready to do that, of course. The longer the news blackout continues to drag on, the more I believe their timeline is way off course. Why they decided to do three major releases in June is a mystery. But we don't know if an EP release was ever planned for June. Because saying anything would go against those rules and regulations....blahblahblah. The release of a new EP can only happen after we get the update. Nothing can move forward until then. The new EP will be the first one created to be played on 64-Bit systems only so it has to be as close to perfect as possible in order to justify dropping support for 32-Bit systems thus ending the ability for those Simmers to play future releases of new content. The switch to 64-Bit should have happened with the release of Sims4. It didn't, so that is why everything is being turned on its ear now. The only good part of this is the fact the quality of future releases should improve. Maybe they will find the resources needed to create lounge chairs, untethered babies, cars, larger worlds with more lots, spiral staircases, bunkbeds. Who knows? Anything could happen. And brace yourselves for all the unexpected glitches that might come with this update.

My mods, CC CAS items, CC Build and Buy items, my saves, these are at the top of my list of concerns. My CC items are critical add-ons that might be destined for the trash bin. My mods folder has been carefully monitored and added to over the course of four years. The thought of losing all, or even part of it, worries me. The mods for the bugs and irritations will have to be updated. Unless the creators decide they are finished with the process of updating every time EA releases updates, patches and new packs. Some of my CC was impacted by the last patch, and new glitches and bugs came along as well as older bugs that were once fixed, became broken again. Yes, I am the one that decided to use CC and mods. But CC and mods have been a large part of the franchise since the beginning, and should be taken into consideration whenever a big change is made. There is a category in discussions for the modding community so this is no surprise to EA or the teams. My hope is there will be little impact on my CAS and B/B assets. Some items that are older may be lost due to the update. I can live with that. Deleting old CC will allow me to add newer creations.

Whatever it is they say they will be showing at EA Play had better make up for last eighty days of silence from EA, and speculation on our part. That is a long time to wait for good news. By the time EA play rolls around it will have been a full three months since any real news has been shared with us. Twitter, Maxis Monthly, Guru Garage, the Game Changers program, these can never replace an announcement with substance that we can rely on as being truthful.

I won't really be excited till Next Satuarday and then The Sims is the last thing thier showing. I have to wait till 3 pm my time as I'm on the East Coast. Sadly we still have over a week of speculating to do.
    And I am on the west coast so I will be able to see it go live. But I don't know if I will watch it at all. That tweet did nothing to ramp up any excitement on my part. The long wait, all the speculation, everything that EA has kept from us. I guess I simply don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I care about anything they have to say. Because at this point, I really don't care. Everything coming from the gurus has been so bland it makes me believe the only things they will be sharing are the release dates for the Legacy Edition, the big update, perhaps a look at the new swatches. And maybe, and this is probably a stretch, maybe a teaser for the new EP. I am not going to rearrange my plans in order to sit through a brief show and tell. Hubby and I are packing up the RV and heading to Oregon so he can do a bit of ocean fishing for a week. After we get home he will be flying to Florida for his family's annual reunion. I have begged off going this year. Florida is very pretty but the heat and humidity kill me. I was looking forward to having the new EP to play while he's gone. Welp, guess that won't be happening now. LOL
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Considering they gave TS4 for free as a way to grab new players, I’m guessing whatever is announced at EA Play is meant to also get the new players excited. Maybe a new system or something, I just hope it’s an exciting pack
    We all get to watch it live if we tune in at the proper time.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

I won't really be excited till Next Satuarday and then The Sims is the last thing thier showing. I have to wait till 3 pm my time as I'm on the East Coast. Sadly we still have over a week of speculating to do.

I hear that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Considering they gave TS4 for free as a way to grab new players, I’m guessing whatever is announced at EA Play is meant to also get the new players excited. Maybe a new system or something, I just hope it’s an exciting pack

Yeah...350 Swatches. lol
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
    And I am on the west coast so I will be able to see it go live. But I don't know if I will watch it at all. That tweet did nothing to ramp up any excitement on my part. The long wait, all the speculation, everything that EA has kept from us. I guess I simply don't want to give them the satisfaction of knowing I care about anything they have to say. Because at this point, I really don't care. Everything coming from the gurus has been so bland it makes me believe the only things they will be sharing are the release dates for the Legacy Edition, the big update, perhaps a look at the new swatches. And maybe, and this is probably a stretch, maybe a teaser for the new EP. I am not going to rearrange my plans in order to sit through a brief show and tell. Hubby and I are packing up the RV and heading to Oregon so he can do a bit of ocean fishing for a week. After we get home he will be flying to Florida for his family's annual reunion. I have begged off going this year. Florida is very pretty but the heat and humidity kill me. I was looking forward to having the new EP to play while he's gone. Welp, guess that won't be happening now. LOL

I don't know I just dont see the ep getting released as late as July. Expansions have never been released in July.
    edited May 2019
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but when have we had an EP released less than three weeks after being officially announced. June 28th falls on a Friday, two days before the month ends. I'm not saying it isn't possible EA will change things up again. That's the only thing they have been good at for the past two years. But, EA's corporate fiscal year for 2019 ended on March 31, 2019. They are now in the first quarter of their 2020 corporate fiscal year. Confusing, right? The first quarter of their new fiscal year ends on June 30, 2019. So, knowing that, what makes better fiscal sense for EA? Release an EP two days before the end of their first quarter, or release an EP at the beginning of their second quarter? That little base game giveaway was a great idea. And that announcement came out of left field, taking everyone by surprise. Kudos to the marketing department for that. EA's hope was to boost sales for Sims4 by offering a very bare base game, for free, in the hope these new Simmers would buy a few packs since they got the base game for nothing. They also did this giveaway because they knew dropping support for older computers meant they were going to lose some customers, and future revenue from those customers. They had to do something to keep their customer base close to normal. But this move did keep their sales numbers fairly steady. Every game EA produces has to meet certain sales goals. The development budget for each game is based on that, and fluctuates every quarter. Again, I have to ask myself if a June release of an EP will be pushed back to July because a late release in June coincides with the end of the first quarter.

If, and that is a big if, EA decides to release the EP in June after announcing it at EA Play, they will have only twenty days left in the month to release the new update, and the new EP. If this is EA's plan is it going to be crunch time for every team involved? Or are the teams ready to move forward? Are the update and EP finished, polished and set to go? I truly hope this is the case. The fact they announced they have things to show us at EA Play, and are allowing the gurus to say as much, does spark a bit of hope this will all be settled in a few days. I am so ready to move beyond this.

Post edited by Paigeisin5 on
    @catloverplayer I hope you're right, but when have we had an EP released less than three weeks after being officially announced. June 28th falls on a Friday, two days before the month ends. I'm not saying it isn't possible EA will change things up again. That's the only thing they have been good at for the past two years. But, EA's corporate fiscal year for 2019 ended on March 31, 2019. They are now in the first quarter of their 2020 corporate fiscal year. Confusing, right? The first quarter of their new fiscal year ends on June 30, 2019. So, knowing that, what makes better fiscal sense for EA? Release an EP two days before the end of their first quarter, or release an EP at the beginning of their second quarter? That little base game giveaway was a great idea. And that announcement came out of left field, taking everyone by surprise. Kudos to the marketing department for that. EA's hope was to boost sales for Sims4 by offering a very bare base game, for free, in the hope these new Simmers would buy a few packs since they got the base game for nothing. They also did this giveaway because they knew dropping support for older computers meant they were going to lose some customers, and future revenue from those customers. They had to do something to keep their customer base close to normal. But this move did keep their sales numbers fairly steady. Every game EA produces has to meet certain sales goals. The development budget for each game is based on that, and fluctuates every quarter. Again, I have to ask myself if a June release of an EP will be pushed back to July because a late release in June doesn't coincide with the end of the first quarter.

If, and that is a big if, EA decides to release the EP in June after announcing it at EA Play, they will have only twenty days left in the month to release the new update, and the new EP. If this is EA's plan is it going to be crunch time for every team involved? Or are the teams ready to move forward? Are the update and EP finished, polished and set to go? I truly hope this is the case. The fact they announced they have things to show us at EA Play, and are allowing the gurus to say as much, does spark a bit of hope this will all be settled in a few days. I am so ready to move beyond this.

Expansion Packs are now released on Friday's.
    Maybe June 28th is not the day. Nothing at all has been confirmed yet.
    Maybe June 28th is not the day. Nothing at all has been confirmed yet.

That's cause their waiting till EA Play to confirm the date. It could be June 21st for all we know.