Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simselves on an Adventure

Comments

• Options
    ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    Just let me know what and where to download cc if you use it. :)
  • Options
    MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Finally got my Water Genasi to look a way that I'm happy with:
    05-13-19_11-46-22-pm.png
    05-13-19_11-46-26-pm.png

Her name is Squall, and she has a background as a Sailor.

Don't take this as the final submission, I still need to work out her stats, skills, and actual backstory, but thought I would share her physical appearance! :blush:

dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    She looks fantastic!!
  • Options
    PitlordMaggiePitlordMaggie Posts: 390 Member
    @Shadami I'm thinking using Yvonne Greenwood as my simself. I'll upload her in a bit, I'm just checking in before heading out. I don't know what class I want to be, something that is easy to play? I'll take whatever the group needs or you recommend.
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    edited May 2019
    Hi everyone! I'd absolutely love to join, although I'll be on vacation May 17-June 2, so let me know if that will be an issue! We'll have Wi-Fi, so I can pop in if needed. Or I could be a character you meet on the way (in early June)? :open_mouth:

I'm thinking Druid and/or Rogue class... since Munter is druid I may go with Rogue. Don't know enough about DnD to know if multiple classes are allowed? (I play Divinity 2 and you can combine 2 classes, which is what I always do since I'm indecisive :sweat_smile: )
    I'm also thinking half-elf for my race, but I'm open to being something else if that fits better with the campaign/if I'm joining in June.
    (Dragonborn look pretty sick but not ideal for a stealthy rogue - a bit conspicuous-looking lol. Not to mention very difficult to make as a Sim. Nocturnes are really cool and more suitable: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Nocturne_(5e_Race) )

Edited to add: I can probably make my character before I leave, just let me know what will work best! :blush:

Editing again since I realized I could figure out the multiclass question myself :sweat_smile: Looks like you can definitely do multiples, so I'll be primarily a Rogue with Druid as my secondary class. e.g. if my starting character level is 3, I'll be Rogue 2/Druid 1; if I'm level 5, I'll be Rogue 3/Druid 2. If I'm starting at an even number level, we'll start with them equal while I feel out which abilities, skills, etc I use more/like better.
    Post edited by Morningstar on
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    MorningstarMorningstar Posts: 318 Member
    My simself is now on the Gallery -- not sure how to share a specific item here? My EA ID is Mourning-Stars, so you can search by that. It's the Morningstar household, also tagged with #SimSelf.

I started making a nocturne character named Nyx. Unfortunately it's glitching with the Aspiration and Traits :neutral: I'll wait to finish it -- will change her looks a bit if my character is going to be a half-elf anyway. @Shadami let me know what will work best for the story in your campaign - feel free to PM me if my character will come in later and you want it to be a surprise or something :smiley:
    From the town's first community lot to each household and rabbit hole, watch the stories unfold...
    Rebuilding Appaloosa Plains
    Prologue & Chapters 1-18 out now!
    Origin ID: Mourning-Stars | Simming since 2000
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I have to look at the nocturnes still.i got carried away working on crafty projects for my daughter's birthday party and overworked myself. Which I tend to do when I'm getting artsy fartsy. Oops.

Yes multiclassing is allowed. With as much interest as this is already getting it is looking like you're all going to be between level 3-5 because I want to keep it around 30 levels total between everyone.

I'm going to be in and out of the doctor's until mid September xD So if you want to sign up now is a perfectly okay time to do it.

I see no reason you can't be a nocturne. And I'm delighted that you will have disadvantage in sunlight.:D I mean.... Because it's a fun quirk of course.
  • Options
    Don't have stats yet, but down to just a couple of class/races to be decided. Once those are set I'm closing new players.

@NyteRose did you actually want to play?

We have two cross classers in the party right now so I'll do some math for levels determination tomorrow.

The first decision that I will need you all to make as a party, and I can make a poll for this if you want but I don't feel that necessary is do you want any of your characters to have known each other previously. Or do you want it to be a party that meets for an adventure? The way I hand out the starter info differs on that decision. :)

@CathyTea @divanthesimmer @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Morningstar @PitlordMaggie
  • Options
    Shadami wrote: »
    Don't have stats yet, but down to just a couple of class/races to be decided. Once those are set I'm closing new players.

We have two cross classers in the party right now so I'll do some math for levels determination tomorrow.

The first decision that I will need you all to make as a party, and I can make a poll for this if you want but I don't feel that necessary is do you want any of your characters to have known each other previously. Or do you want it to be a party that meets for an adventure? The way I hand out the starter info differs on that decision. :)

So, my character would've spent the majority of her life prior to this out at sea, sailing on vessels and acting as a sort of Storm Guide. So if anyone believes that their character might've been on a boat with her at any point, either as a passenger, an employer or as a fellow sailor, then that's all good with me.
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • Options
    Also, when you pop over to the Discord channel, there are links to a bunch of source material, and @Shadami has posted a Beginner's Guide to Character Creation link also.

If I'm online - I usually am - and you want some hands-on help (either by text or voice chat), I'm more than happy to go through Character Creation with you.

If the link to the Discord channel on the first page has expired, hit up take a looksy behind this inconspicuous spoiler tag ;)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited May 2019

I've known Cathy Tea before everyone else and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her, so I think our characters could have crossed paths somewhere along the road. Maybe we could have defeated a common enemy together? What that is, I don't know... :D
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    @Shadami

@Xantheanmar did their dice rolls on Discord and got the following stats: 9, 11, 12, 12, 15, 16 (10, 12, 13, 13, 16, 17 with their racial bonuses)
    @divanthesimmer did theirs also, and got the following stats: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 with their racial bonuses)

Looking back at it, those numbers being in order is crazy and hilarious!!! :D
    Post edited by Munterbacon on
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I've known Cathy Tea before everyone else and I wouldn't even be here if it wasn't for her, so I think our characters could have crossed paths somewhere along the road. Maybe we could have defeated a common enemy together? What that is, I don't know... :D

Yeah! This sounds great to me, too! Also, I can see my character having hung out with @Xantheanmar 's too.... :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @Shadami

@Xantheanmar did their dice rolls on Discord and got the following stats: 9, 11, 12, 12, 15, 16 (10, 12, 13, 13, 16, 17 with their racial bonuses)
    @divanthesimmer did theirs also, and got the following stats: 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 (14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19 with their racial bonuses)

Looking back at it, those numbers being in order is crazy and hilarious!!! :D

LOL! I see it now! Maybe those rolls aren't so random after all.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'm pretty sure I don't have a mod that does this, but I went into my household with my Simself and Davion and they have extra traits I didn't choose and didn't know of! My Simself has Sage and Artist as two extra traits and Davion has Hero and Greedy. Does anyone know what this is?

Edit: So those traits are from a certain mod, but anyway, that gives me some ideas for my character's story!
    Post edited by divanthesimmer on
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I still need to drag Aranthal into the forums but his character is a Tortle so there is the chance he could have encountered Squall's ship. I'll talk to him in a bit about that.

Cathy have you had a chance to take a look at classes yet? An elf and a monk adventuring together isn't unheard of. So I can adjust to that.

I think I know how the adventure will get introduced to the party now. Perfect. Having an experienced sailor is going to help you all out a ton xD
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I still need to drag Aranthal into the forums but his character is a Tortle so there is the chance he could have encountered Squall's ship. I'll talk to him in a bit about that.

Cathy have you had a chance to take a look at classes yet? An elf and a monk adventuring together isn't unheard of. So I can adjust to that.

I think I know how the adventure will get introduced to the party now. Perfect. Having an experienced sailor is going to help you all out a ton xD

I hope @CathyTea doesn't mind me speaking for her, but her character is based on a wood elf from ESO, so I would say she is primarily an archer and magic user.
    phULnBI.png
  • Options
    I still have yet to play any of the elder scrolls games. Want to, just haven't.

Aer we having another cross class here with a ranger sorceror perhaps than?
  • Options
    ALL THE MULTICLASSES!!! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
  • Options

I know nothing about DnD and how to use it or the in-game culture or lore or anything.

If you can walk me through what I need to do, that would be great!

Divan mentioned that Cat is based on my ESO character. There, she's a healer, a member of the mages' guild (and the Psijic and fighters' guilds), She's a Templar who uses a restoration staff and a lightning staff. She's also a crafter.

If we need pics of our characters, can I use ones from ESO?

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    CathyTea wrote: »

I know nothing about DnD and how to use it or the in-game culture or lore or anything.

Divan mentioned that Cat is based on my ESO character. There, she's a healer, a member of the mages' guild (and the Psijic and fighters' guilds), She's a Templar who uses a restoration staff and a lightning staff. She's also a crafter.

Hey, Cathy. I suggest creating a Discord account and heading there for help. I also know nothing, but @Munterbacon has been very helpful so far on the Discord channel. I'm slowly, but surely learning what to do. Also, there are guide books and everything you need to know about DnD there! :)
    phULnBI.png
  • Options

Hey, Cathy. I suggest creating a Discord account and heading there for help. I also know nothing, but @Munterbacon has been very helpful so far on the Discord channel. I'm slowly, but surely learning what to do. Also, there are guide books and everything you need to know about DnD there! :)

Thanks, Divan! I'll do it! My social anxiety ramps up around discord, for some reason, but I'm ready to tackle it! I need to figure
    out how to use it for ESO trials, too. I do have an account, with CathyTea as the username, but I don't remember all the digits of the account number. Anyway, I'll keep plugging away at it until I figure it out and check out the resources there.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Munter posted the link to discord a little bit above. And we'll help you out in it. you don't even have to use voice chat if you don't want to . :]

We've actually been making sims that look like our characters as well. :D I'm going to look through some resources and see if I can find a class that gets close to what your ESO charcter is. Crafting is easy because you can just take proficiencies in the crafting.

Aranthal has suggested a spell knight, I'm going to check it out in a bit. I need to get food :]

Post edited by Shadami on
  • Options
    Munter posted the link to discord a little bit above. And we'll help you out in it. you don't even have to use voice chat if you don't want to . :]

We've actually been making sims that look like our characters as well. :D I'm going to look through some resources and see if I can find a class that gets close to what your ESO charcter is. Crafting is easy because you can just take proficiencies in the crafting.

Aranthal has suggested a spell knight, I'm going to check it out in a bit. I need to get food :]

OK! Thank you!

I'm wondering if my SimSelf can be the group member who's sort of clueless... you know, doesn't understand the game mechanics, asks the basic obvious questions, wanders in and out, makes the snacks and tea and then disappears and you find her standing at the bookshelf or in the garden, lost in a different world....

It could be a useful literary device, for we could anticipate what questions our nonDnD readers might have, and then she could ask them...

Like, "Oh, there are rules? I thought we just made the story up as we went along..."

And "What are we rolling for again?"

And "OK, I know I'm not in character, but anyone want coffee and cookies?"

And she could be the technically challenged one who doesn't have a cell phone and can't get the scheduling app or discord to download to her antiquated laptop (though in reality, I have an awesome laptop...)

• Options

OK! Thank you!

I'm wondering if my SimSelf can be the group member who's sort of clueless... you know, doesn't understand the game mechanics, asks the basic obvious questions, wanders in and out, makes the snacks and tea and then disappears and you find her standing at the bookshelf or in the garden, lost in a different world....

It could be a useful literary device, for we could anticipate what questions our nonDnD readers might have, and then she could ask them...

Like, "Oh, there are rules? I thought we just made the story up as we went along..."

And "What are we rolling for again?"

And "OK, I know I'm not in character, but anyone want coffee and cookies?"

And she could be the technically challenged one who doesn't have a cell phone and can't get the scheduling app or discord to download to her antiquated laptop (though in reality, I have an awesome laptop...)
    yes yes and yes. xD I can absolutely put that into the story. I actually have a pretty nice garden that I was working on for the house they're running the campaign from. it includes a wishing well which is worrisome xD
    and a hot tub... and a pool... and it's just a really cute country cottage that i've been working on for awhile. Excuse finishing it :3