Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use MC Command Center's story progression or the game's?

Comments

• Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    I use it, but it is only to stop the constant generation of badly dressed sims and overuse of Far East names. I do hate that it makes everyone pregnant; and sims from different households (that I’ve created or redressed, then unfavorited) are put onto lots to fill up neighborhoods, then get bombarded with other sims that MCCC decides to put in that household....example, I have a premade fam that I made over and placed on a lot in Newcrest, which is JUST a woman her son, but after downloading MCCC, Geoffrey Landgraab is living with her and married, even though he is already married. And this happens all the time, but I despise having randoms generated.

You just need to read up on how to adjust the settings. This does not need to be happening if you don't want it to.
  • Options
    veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    Simpkin wrote: »
    So_Money wrote: »
    it's a useless mod, don't use it.

How is it useless? It offers features and tools that aren’t present in the unmodded game. It might be useless to you, but I don’t think you can advise someone else against its use on the basis that it’s “useless” since you don’t know what that player requires.
    How can others recommend it and praise it and say it's not useless since they don't know what a player requires?
    It's a horrible mod and that's that. Too much crammed into one thing and it just messes up the game big time, just like this thread proves. And no I don't care that it's not messed up for you or some others, I have seen countless threads on here and on other platforms taliing about how ridiculously the game messes up the game. It's just a poor mod and useless as it does more harm than good. Period.

😂😂 You’re joking right? This is hilarious 😂😂

Probably the person who is playing her clicked on the computer and choose "troll teh forums" 😂😂😂😂

• Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @loubyloulou I thought I adjusted it, and I disabled forcing sims to be married and I made the baby count low. Maybe I just don’t understand it well enough, but I don’t like going back into CAS to change households and names.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou I thought I adjusted it, and I disabled forcing sims to be married and I made the baby count low. Maybe I just don’t understand it well enough, but I don’t like going back into CAS to change households and names.

What is it that you would particularly like the mod to do (or not to do)? I could help you with which settings to use.
  • Options
    CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
    Thank you for all your tips everyone! I thought I changed my settings so that sims wouldn't get pregnant randomly but turns out it didn't even save.. I went through the settings again and hopefully it's better.
    ZnG1wMG.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Personally, I don't want SP in my game like it was in 3. If I'm building MY world with MY sims, I don't want the game doing things that I don't intend for them.

With default MCCC settings, it doesn't include played (even inactive played) sims in it's progression, pregnancies, marriages, etc. You can turn it on where it DOES include them, but by default, that is set to default and it will only work on unplayed sims.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    edited April 2019

How is it useless? It offers features and tools that aren’t present in the unmodded game. It might be useless to you, but I don’t think you can advise someone else against its use on the basis that it’s “useless” since you don’t know what that player requires.

How can others recommend it and praise it and say it's not useless since they don't know what a player requires?
    It's a horrible mod and that's that. Too much crammed into one thing and it just messes up the game big time, just like this thread proves. And no I don't care that it's not messed up for you or some others, I have seen countless threads on here and on other platforms taliing about how ridiculously the game messes up the game. It's just a poor mod and useless as it does more harm than good. Period.

We can praise it cause it does a fine job doing what it's intended to do. It's a great mod that achieves it's goals and then some. We can recommend it to people cause we use it and know it's features and what it does and doesn't accomplish. If it's too complicated for you, then that's fine. It might just not be the mod for you. But it seems pretty small minded and spiteful to trash talk the mod since you have no idea what another player wants or is willing to invest in getting their game the way they want it.

To be honest, MCCC can be a pretty straight forward mod. Install it and go. Or, you can customize it to fit your needs and it caters to a large variety of needs. All you have to do is spend a little time to read up on it. But it is FAR from useless and it does not mess up peoples games. Sure, if someone has no idea what they are doing and start just changing things, yeah, it can cause all kinds of things to happen. Again. You have to invest time in to deal with a mod this complex. But, hey, if reading and learning what you put in your game is something you don't want to deal with, yeah, the mod likely isn't for you. But, again, pretty spiteful to trash talk it cause you don't want to read up on the countless customization this mod allows. So not useless.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Geoffrey Landgraab is living with her and married, even though he is already married.
    Dang, Geoffrey upgraded.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2019

I don’t think you, or the people in the “countless threads” you refer to, understand how the mod works. It doesn’t touch the game’s files, therefore it can’t “mess up the game”. Everything it affects is contained to its own folder within Mods. As someone above said, what you’re encountering is user error, ignorance, and/or a failure to read the documentation.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou I think I have successfully used the mod to rid my town of game generated sims, but I still want to allow random sims in game to have family’s and unite modestly. What I don’t want is switching of households and just every household with no baby deciding they ALL need babies, then finding some single sim to move in with them and get married, which is NEVER the other bio-parent of the baby. It’s quite redundant and annoying. I may not being playing those sims but they are part of the storyline as neighbors and friends.
  • Options
    @loubyloulou I think I have successfully used the mod to rid my town of game generated sims, but I still want to allow random sims in game to have family’s and unite modestly. What I don’t want is switching of households and just every household with no baby deciding they ALL need babies, then finding some single sim to move in with them and get married, which is NEVER the other bio-parent of the baby. It’s quite redundant and annoying. I may not being playing those sims but they are part of the storyline as neighbors and friends.

I'll have a look at these tomorrow for you - there will certainly be settings you can use to accomplish this - but it's 11pm where I am in world so I'm off to bed :D
  • Options
    Thank you @loubyloulou 🙂
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    edited April 2019

Then I guess you have a mod to change game time, a mod to allow teen romance with young adults (I no like 🐸🐸🐸🐸 but yes when one age up, than couple still can perform romantic interactions), a mod to allow marriages at non played households
  • Options

@JC1979 putting this under a spoiler as it's a bit of a wall of text and I don't want to derail the OP's thread. Hopefully it'll help :)
    1. If you want unplayed Sims (aka ‘Townies’) to marry, you need the pregnancy module. The setting is:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Marriage Percentage [set a percentage between 0 and 100 – I have mine set to 15, which gives me on average I’d say half a dozen townie marriages a week].
    2. If your Sim is in a romantic relationship with a townie and you plan to hook them up eventually, you want this setting to make sure MCCC doesn’t marry that townie off to somebody else:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Marriage Sim Selection > Bypass active Sim romances – set it to ‘true’.
    3. If you want those married townies to have kids, you want this setting:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Pregnancy Percentage [set a percentage between 0 and 100 – I have mine set to 5, which gives me on average I’d say half four or five townie pregnancies a week].
    4. If you want to further control the number of townie pregnancies, you could set it so that the ‘pregnancy check’ runs on only one day a week:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Days to Run Checks – e.g. set it run on only Wednesday (the default setting is Monday, Wednesday, Friday).
    5. If you don’t want your married townies having affairs that result in pregnancies, you want this setting:
    MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Allow Affairs – set it to ‘false’
    6. If you have specific unplayed Sims (friends etc.) who you don’t want MCCC to marry off, you’ll need to ‘flag’ each of those Sims individually – you can flag them for many things, e.g. never to marry, to marry but never to have kids, to marry and have kids but never to have an affair, etc.:
    Sim Flags… > MC Pregnancy
  • Options
    @loubyloulou wow, thank you very much for doing this, much appreciated. Thank you again!
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    My settings, unplayed households have got married and had kids with other other unplayed households. Brytani Cho married and got pregnant with someone from the roomies household, and the roomie with Richards as a surname married into the Munch Family, Judith Ward is pregnant and married to a Irish sim I made etc. I have to look around to see what else. My settings I think to avoid it going mental only has married sims get preg.

As I've played the sims 4 mod free for over 2000 hours and have manually gone into tweaking multiple families with new gens so I'm preferring using mcc. It bypasses my active households so I can play who I want and not end up in a ghost town.

Unless you've placed plenty of budget homes I never saw sims move in with the fill empty homes option. And unless you work as a doctor I never saw any new offspring generated.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Personally, I don't want SP in my game like it was in 3. If I'm building MY world with MY sims, I don't want the game doing things that I don't intend for them.

I've found if you have your families marked as Played (even if you aren't actively playing them at the moment but they're in your rotation) they won't be affected by MCCC. It only affects the unplayed households. It adds a bit of unpredictablity to the game, as well as helping to make sure there will be Sims around for your children to marry if you're a family player. The population features are what I use the most -- I have it set to not auto-generate elders because right now they're pretty much useless other than to die at the wrong times (like in the middle of a restaurant when they're working as waiters).

Good rule of thumb is when you make any major adjustments to MCCC, go into your mods folder and make a copy of the mc_settings.cfg file and put that copy on a flash drive -- that way if you accidentally delete that file when you're updating the mod or if you end up getting a new computer for some reason, you don't have to re-create every setting (it's also a good reason to regularly backup your saves and Tray folders, and either backup your Mods folder or keep an updated list of mods and sources -- if you use a lot of CC a list of where you got it is also a good idea in case you need to re-install for some reason.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    @loubyloulou wow, thank you very much for doing this, much appreciated. Thank you again!

No problem; I hope you get your settings how you want them.
  • Options
    UnknownGamerUnknownGamer Posts: 77 Member
    I use MC Command center but I’m not a fan of the story progression so I don’t use that. I play my game with ageing off for everyone but my household as I’m so sick of endless badly dressed townies being generated and moved in.
  • Options
    phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    I'd forgotten how much I loved story progression in Sims 3. The world in Sims 4 just stays the same.

I'm not willing to install MCCC for it, though. There's story progression, and there's completely random pairings and pregnancies that aren't based on relationships or gameplay.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    I use my own SP. Everything else is disabled.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    Dannakyri1Dannakyri1 Posts: 207 Member
    I had this same problem. But you can go into the settings and limit the number of kid and also increase the chance that a non-married sim who get's pregnant will get married to the other parent. I think the default is pretty low like 20%. I upped it to 80% and now 1 male sim doesn't have 10 illegitimate kids (Unless he's my sim and I want him to :-)
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Of course I use the MCCC, because the Game's....."Story Progression" barely even exists.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    The OP needs to adjust settings.

The main reason I use MCC is to keep affairs from happening. The Sims 4 has no fidelity. I was tired of my Sims running around being romantic with everyone. I almost quit playing The Sims 4 because of this.

I love how MCC pairs up NPC single Sims in the game and allows married Sims to continue their families. The Landgraabs always have twins and Katrina usually ends up with Don or Marcus Flex. Summer Holiday and Travis Scott make such a cute couple. Bella and Morty have another son. Story progression allows townie families to grow with my family. The Sims that are already married in the game remain married and when they have more kids I go in and modify their home to make room for baby. I love this aspect of the game that would not exist without MCC. This is why I am a patron!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited January 2020
    What MCCC offers is not story progression. It just pairs sims up randomly and has them have babies. It is useful to keep a game populated but it tells no stories. I turned it all off. I never really liked story progression in the Sims 3 as I like to have total control of everything that happens.