Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use MC Command Center's story progression or the game's?

CogshellCogshell Posts: 164 Member
I currently use MC Command Center and I'm not a huge fan of it because in my experience sims get pregnant with multiple other sims but never actually settle down and get married. Because of this I've been contemplating if I should just get rid of MCCC since story progression is really the only thing I use it for.
ZnG1wMG.png

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Well, have you tried adjusting your settings? I don't personally use it for story progression but I'm pretty sure all that stuff is controllable.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    it's a useless mod, don't use it.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    There's story progression in Sims 4 without a mod?

With MCCC I'm pretty sure you can make it where only married sims get pregnant, but I don't seem to have a problem. I do have some sims that have kids thru multiple other sims. And some how I have a household that is literally just one child age kid, all by himself. No idea how that happened. I have other households that has random kids adopted into the household. It really doesn't bother me though. There's all kinds of walks of life in RL so I kind of like it in my game, too.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited April 2019
    I totally love it! I missed StoryProgression from TS3 and it keeps me on my toes while playing (i have a love for the random/spontaneous moments :lol: ). I honestly get a kick over who gets with who or randomly divorces, makes up, or is leading an epic scandal. It brings some fun random drama while i'm creating my own :blush: . And if one of the townies die with a child in their household, they can be adopted by other households if you have that option on. Time just flows rather fun for me. The game's vanilla is totally boring to me and one of the third reasons why I could hardly play for 5 seconds originally when the game launched.

But as Cupid said, it's fully controllable, you can set the population, and what not to make it your own.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    The best thing to do is read the documentation on deaderpools website. There is also a thread in the mods section where you can post a question and they will help you with it. To me MCCC is very useful and once you get to looking at all the different tabs it's pretty self explanatory. That's not to say it was super easy for me when I first started using it. I just fooled around with the settings and read up on it.
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've used it in the past when I only play a single household, but now that I'm playing everyone, it's something I will take in but out only when I'm needing access to something that can't get in the game.
  • Angie1301Angie1301 Posts: 90 Member
    I love MCCC, the game just isnt the same without it. I have it set that sims do get married, as well as have children.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Like someone else has said, pretty sure there’s a setting that only allows married npc’s to get pregnant.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    Like someone else has said, pretty sure there’s a setting that only allows married npc’s to get pregnant.

There is and I believe it's under MC Pregnancy(not in game rn so may be off on my location). Holliebb is a twitch streamer I watch and she has a video on her yt about MC settings specific to her Upgrowth challenge that show this exact setting.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited April 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »

How is it useless? It offers features and tools that aren’t present in the unmodded game. It might be useless to you, but I don’t think you can advise someone else against its use on the basis that it’s “useless” since you don’t know what that player requires.

@Cogshell You have to put in a little effort to get your settings right. With some tweaking you can tone down pregnancies and marriages to any degree you’d like.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Personally, I don't want SP in my game like it was in 3. If I'm building MY world with MY sims, I don't want the game doing things that I don't intend for them.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,176 Member
    I've used MCCC's story progression feature in a couple of saves. But I'm not a big fan of it, then again I never really liked story progression to begin with. So I only use it for specific saves, where Sims outside my played households have no role, and still manually interfere. I'm too much of a control freak for story progression I suppose.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • veronica55veronica55 Posts: 106 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cogshell wrote: »
    I currently use MC Command Center and I'm not a huge fan of it because in my experience sims get pregnant with multiple other sims but never actually settle down and get married. Because of this I've been contemplating if I should just get rid of MCCC since story progression is really the only thing I use it for.

@Cogshell You need to set your settings the way you want your game to behave.
    If you enable encourage family option, and set pregnancy only for married sims, your sims will no longer get pregnant randomly from different fathers.
    You can even set max number of kids per couple, the percentage of how likely marriage will happen for a sim, at what ages to run marriage and pregnancy.
    (like my game is set for marriage allowed for young adults and adults, not elders, pregnancy is only allowed for adults, only married sims can have kids and marriages are only allowed with oppposite gender, so no automatic gay couples. When I want a gay couple for diversity I make them manually but I don't want the game to generate them automatically. That's my preference.)
    MCCC has tons of detailed settings that you can tweak according to what you want. I accept it's menu is kind of confusing but once you get used to it, it's ok. You need to spare some time to adjust it perfectly for YOUR gameplay preferences.
  • yuppyupp Posts: 570 Member
    I personally don’t even think I would open the game anymore without MCCC. I use it for just about everything. It took me awhile to play around and test the settings but once I got them right it really improved my game.
  • KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I used the mccc story progression once. Jay-Z left Queen Bey for the caliente sisters, Drake married the granite falls hermit. LGR left Duke Nukem to settle down and start a family with a random generated npc, and Curtis Paradise moved in with the roomies. And I had single women everywhere with 3+ babies. I even had an evil, hates children sim end up as a single mother of 3.

It was a disaster.

I deleted it and spent a few hours fixing the mess it caused but there are still a few remnants.

It might be good if you already have most of your houses full and a well rounded world.

But, since there is no good story progression, I just turn aging off and creat the whole world on my own at my own pace.
  • loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,466 Member
    edited April 2019
    Cogshell wrote: »

You can easily adjust your settings so this doesn't happen. It's an awesome, versatile mod. You just need to read up on how the settings work.

In the pregnancy module, the setting is:

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Partner Sim Selection > Allow Affairs

Set it to 'false'.

And if you want only Sims who are married (to each other) to have kids, you want this setting:

MCCC > MC Pregnancy > Pregnant Sim Selection > Married Only Pregnancies

Set it to 'true'.
  • LyrieLyrie Posts: 881 Member
    MCCC is amazing, I had to read all about it and test a bunch of settings but once you get the hang of it you can literally control everything (or almost everything) about pregnacies, break ups, affairs, you can make sims pregnant with other sims on the spot using the sims menu. just everything! in the newest update you can set the percentage of babies sims have via age group.

Its an amazing wonderful powerful and necessary mod (for me) once you get the hang of it, reading the documentations is a must on the MCCC website, I read it all the time still myself :smile:
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    So_Money wrote: »

How is it useless? It offers features and tools that aren’t present in the unmodded game. It might be useless to you, but I don’t think you can advise someone else against its use on the basis that it’s “useless” since you don’t know what that player requires.
    How can others recommend it and praise it and say it's not useless since they don't know what a player requires?
    It's a horrible mod and that's that. Too much crammed into one thing and it just messes up the game big time, just like this thread proves. And no I don't care that it's not messed up for you or some others, I have seen countless threads on here and on other platforms taliing about how ridiculously the game messes up the game. It's just a poor mod and useless as it does more harm than good. Period.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • EnglishSimmer90EnglishSimmer90 Posts: 53 Member
    I love using MCCC. I haven't fully learned about the entire mod yet but so far so good for me. But I feel mods are a very personal thing. Depending on what you want from your game people are either going to love a certain mod or dislike it.
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    You have to look into making the mod work how you want. You can change the percentage of how many marriage chances, pregnancy chances, break-up chances, etc...

@Simpkin No, its not. The fact that you do not know how to configure the mod does not mean that it is useless, only that you have not tried hard enough.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

How can others recommend it and praise it and say it's not useless since they don't know what a player requires?
    It's a horrible mod and that's that. Too much crammed into one thing and it just messes up the game big time, just like this thread proves. And no I don't care that it's not messed up for you or some others, I have seen countless threads on here and on other platforms taliing about how ridiculously the game messes up the game. It's just a poor mod and useless as it does more harm than good. Period.

😂😂 You’re joking right? This is hilarious 😂😂
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I got frustrated with it at first when I tried to use it then I started reading the documentation on deaderpool's website, first thing I figured out was to have a test save that I didn't care what happened in it to try out new settings and adjustments. Next I learned to utilize the help thread on here, and even better their discord channel. They are really friendly and helpful in there and will walk you through things, and they're invaluable for figuring out errors caused by conflicting mods or broken cc. Once I put just a little effort into learning how the mod works I quickly got to where I can't play without it.
  • DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    I don’t use either. While I use MC Command Center, it isn’t for its story progression. I’m too controlling over my game.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

Obviously, all of those threads DO have the same thing in common. It's called user error.

The number of people not willing to read the Documentation page and tweak the settings for their own needs boggles my mind. You should always read about mods before using them no matter what.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    I use it, but it is only to stop the constant generation of badly dressed sims and overuse of Far East names. I do hate that it makes everyone pregnant; and sims from different households (that I’ve created or redressed, then unfavorited) are put onto lots to fill up neighborhoods, then get bombarded with other sims that MCCC decides to put in that household....example, I have a premade fam that I made over and placed on a lot in Newcrest, which is JUST a woman her son, but after downloading MCCC, Geoffrey Landgraab is living with her and married, even though he is already married. And this happens all the time, but I despise having randoms generated.