Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you use MC Command Center's story progression or the game's?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited January 2020
    I use MCCC, story progression in the Sims 3 and 4 has always felt broken and sadly has needed mods to make it work right. I just wish there was a mod to fix the family tree too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I love MCC. I keep track of all the families in my save and update their family trees. My game just wouldn't be the same without story progression.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I use it in one save but not in another. I like the game with and without
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I use MCCC’s it took me awhile to get the settings exactly how I want them & I still tweak now and then. But now that I have it I can’t play without it. I like to get the notifications, especially the scandalous ones, like when Victor Feng left Lily. Then I was inspired to play out how that would affect his political career. It helps prevent my game from being stale and keeps my rotation fresh. Because it opens up story possibilities that I may not come up with on my own. Nancy Landgraab is pregnant with Baako Jang’s baby? Well 😈 what kind of chaos can we cause with this? Do Geoffrey & Anaya know? 😈
  • SquirrelTail15SquirrelTail15 Posts: 259 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted - accidental post.
    banner.png
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    I love MCCC and I always have it in my game. In my legacy for example (check out thedrakelegacy.tumblr.com) I have it so that my non-heirs get married and have kids so that I don't need to individually play twenty households to get couples to try for baby, check they're pregnant and wait for the birth to get them pregnant again. I have all notifications on so I know when someone's pregnant, when someone's marriage isn't going so well, when someone's just given birth. One of the two kids I have installed, the other being UI Cheats Extension.
    It's a great mod.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I used MCCC for Story Progression, and will probably go back to it again, but my current saves are not-quite-rotational, where I don't want anything changing in any household that I'm not playing, including aging, new kids, or marriage. (I say not-quite rotational because I'm not following a strict rotation policy, and occasionally I'll just go in and cheat up someone's age or something rather than play them for a few game-weeks just to get their pregnancy over and their kids into school.)

I definitely used it to tinker with the rate of pregnancy and marriage, to create or terminate pregnancies (or change the father of a baby), and, maybe most importantly, to turn off the "monster under the bed."
  • JamesSims528JamesSims528 Posts: 151 Member
    Me too. The monster under the bed is so annoying. I wish it would only be for kids with certain traits or something.
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Me too. The monster under the bed is so annoying. I wish it would only be for kids with certain traits or something.

That was one of the first things I turned off when I have installed this mod. That monster has frightened my sims every single night, that was just too much if you have a bunch of children in the house. And of course the kids always went straight to the sleeping parent and not to the awaken parent who was already in the kids room.

That mod could mess up the game. I have checked everything, so most of the mess stayed away from my played sims. The most hilarious thing was when the glorious Judith Ward has moved from her mansion into a trailerpark after she married a poor and trashy sim.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The game doesn't have one so MCCC it I'd.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • AmTk86AmTk86 Posts: 80 Member
    I like the randomness of the story progression. In my current household, the youngest of the four children had a girl that he liked but he stopped talking to her for awhile. They get back together and I go to edit her in CAS and I realize there are twins in her household. At first I thought it was one of her siblings’ kids but NOPE they were hers. So I had to rework my entire story line around this. Now the twins are an important part of the family and I love them so much lol
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I've decided to keep away from mods until Sims 4 is over and done with. Too much trouble at the moment.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I don't use MCCC and I don't want the game to add changes my households either. I play 70+ houses on rotation, and I prefer finding them how I left them when I return. I make my own stories, I have more fun this way.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited September 2020
    Simburian wrote: »
    I've decided to keep away from mods until Sims 4 is over and done with. Too much trouble at the moment.

Depends on the mods and how many. I use only three mods and absolutely no CC whatsoever: MCCC, Meaningful Stories and Fashion Police. And quite honestly I would consider the game unplayable without all three.

Oh and btw, all three could easily be fixed by the devs. But nah.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I don't use MCCC and I don't want the game to add changes my households either. I play 70+ houses on rotation, and I prefer finding them how I left them when I return. I make my own stories, I have more fun this way.
    kemowery wrote: »
    I used MCCC for Story Progression, and will probably go back to it again, but my current saves are not-quite-rotational, where I don't want anything changing in any household that I'm not playing, including aging, new kids, or marriage. (I say not-quite rotational because I'm not following a strict rotation policy, and occasionally I'll just go in and cheat up someone's age or something rather than play them for a few game-weeks just to get their pregnancy over and their kids into school.)

I definitely used it to tinker with the rate of pregnancy and marriage, to create or terminate pregnancies (or change the father of a baby), and, maybe most importantly, to turn off the "monster under the bed."

Just a quick FYI, you can set the mod to skip your played households so that it will still do story progression but any household you mark as played will remain unaffected even if your not currently playing them.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I have used MCCC, and this mod is awesome. I don't keep it in all the time because I experiment with different mods to see which ones I like.

So I play with and without story progression. I don't consider S4 as really have a story progression though, maybe a career progression :D

When S4 ends, I will be using MCCC because this one is the best for what I am looking for.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I like the mod. I do not like the modder.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited September 2020
    Had the mod for a while it messed up my game so much with story progression (guess I’m not that sort of player). I mainly used it to iron out irritating aspects of the game ie monsters under bed. After I think the university pack it corrupted my game so I had to take it out. Luckily my game wasn’t affected by it. I think it’s overrated along with splice of life. Now that mod I don’t understand or get the hype about I took it out of my game after 10 minutes of playing. The only mod I really liked is one of the ones I can’t talk about on here. However I no longer play with mods as they do very little to enhance my gameplay
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I turned it all off as I play rotational but I'm considering adding it back once all the families I want to play are marked as played and hopefully won't be touched by the mod unless I want them to be.
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    netney52 wrote: »
    After I think the university pack it corrupted my game so I had to take it out. Luckily my game wasn’t affected by it.
    I had problems with it in my game too at one point, but talking to the creator was utterly useless. He only insisted his mod couldn't possibly have any problems, and even blamed my issue on a mod I hadn't heard of. And of course, as is typical of social media, his fans ganged up on me.

Thankfully, one did help me solve the problem and it left no lasting issues with my game that would've required uninstalling. However, I've avoided the forums on Mod the Sims since.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • GrynnGrynn Posts: 260 Member
    The Sims 4 has no vanilla Story Progression, how come people don't know something this basic?

If you don't use MCCC all the families eventually get wiped from the game unless you manually impregnante them all.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I don't care for story progression. I prefer to have control
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    edited September 2020
    I used my own story progression in my first Sims 4 save, via manage worlds and moving sims in with each other and creating children with them using genetics. I play rotationally now, so I would have to be really careful about the MCCC settings to make sure I didn't mess up my game.

Edited to remove multiple typos because I had bourbon before writing the original.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I use it. It's a hassle to change the settings every time the mod updates, but it works really well in my games. Try changing the percentages of births and marriages to get less births and more marriages. Or you can try marriage-only pregnancies to see if that works better
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited September 2020
    MCCC is essential for my game play on TS4. i'm not going to micromanage about 30 households and play them all out, get sims married and have them have children of their own. it will quickly turn into a grind-a-thon and i won't be playing the way i would like and neither would it be fun to do. I have MCCC running the story and backgrounds of other sim households, generating randoms and assigning sims to NPC jobs.

now if only i can figure out how to keep sims from spawning a massive brood in each household because the space exists and randomise it, that would be nice. i would also like to figure out how to keep MCCC from using one male sim to impregnate every single female sim out there not in a relationship. if it isn't George Cahill, it is Salim Benali.