Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

Comments

• Options
    masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @luxsylvan Skyrim rocks! I love the graphics of it. How do you or did you play it? I played on the console 👽
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
  • Options
    @LadyKyn Haha same! Building and customizing takes up so much of my time, but it's worth it!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I have no idea what I would be doing, other than the Sims the only other game I play is Animal Crossing. I do know if it were not for this game I probably not even own a PC.
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    I would have never bought my 1st pc. So I wouldn't have been able to look up how to do stuff... I guess I would be reading more How to books. I would have more money. Buying a pc introduced me to Ebay. I bought model trains and all sorts of beads and artifacts. Yeah, I'd have the money but not my collection of things. I wouldn't be on Facebook now and would have to call my family on the phone. So then, I would have to own a cell phone and use it. Having a cell phone with you, by your head, all the time causes tumors and cancer. So The Sims saved my life! :O
  • Options
    @RosettasStoned Thank you Dr.Rosetta for educating me, haha 😆
  • Options
    MilwayLangMilwayLang Posts: 180 Member
    I'm probably just...
    Doing art and graphic design... staying up all night just to suffering when trying to get homework done. Also, incoming design/drawing commission like every week :sweat_smile:
    Hello, my name is Soop Kreem. You can check my Adams' Family Tree

yh.jpg
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    A bit more time to write, and I'd probably be playing Neopets more often ha
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    I like this question!

Before the sims came out, I always desired a game like The sims where I could conrol EVERYTHING and create a tiny world exactly how I want. All the little details, options, different outcomes combining together with a milion other factors was a big dream of me.
    I think I would be whole lot less if the sims never came out around that time. Besides a fulfillment of my ultimate dream game, i learned a lot from the sims: terms, logic and insight boosts, what is needed in a persons life on survival modus (materialistically speaking), how to design a home and what works best etc. This game means EVERYTHING to me! Will never stop playing.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I'd be playing all the other games I already play.
  • Options
    verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    AriaMad2 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be coping with my mental illness. Sims is a good distraction.

This brings up another topic, I have been thinking about posting. I find when my depression gets bad. I sim, I sim a lot or binge watch tv. Do others find they sim more when mental illness gets bad?
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    verlainem wrote: »

This brings up another topic, I have been thinking about posting. I find when my depression gets bad. I sim, I sim a lot or binge watch tv. Do others find they sim more when mental illness gets bad?

Not a mental illness, but I can say when things got really low for me, it was an outlet to forget my problems for a bit.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Soo many things to do and games to play. I guess I'd be doing or playing something else :D currently really having a good time with Yoku's Island Express btw (which you should really check out if, just like me, you're desperately waiting on an official release date for Ori and the Will of the Wisps :love: it scratches just about the right itch).
  • Options
    gnelso1239gnelso1239 Posts: 190 Member
    I'd need less bug repellent.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I've always been a gamer so I am sure I'd still be gaming. I just wouldn't have a special go to game to play to kick back and relax with and just enjoy it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I don't think that could ever be truly possible; someone out there would be bound to make something just the same, if not better. ;)
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    KottonKrownKottonKrown Posts: 259 Member
    I'd be playing other games; I gamed before The Sims came into my life, it's a hobby I've always enjoyed. Nothing would really change for me. But, I'm certainly glad it exists, it's my favourite game for sure!
    Bring back the Paranormal career already.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I’d be playing Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons all the time, like I was before I played The Sims the most.

This applies to me exactly. Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons was my everything before The Sims.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    I'd probably accomplish more with my day, but what fun would that be?
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Trying to figure out what to do with the rest of my life after retirement. Sims led me to Carl's Forum, where I started writing stories, then designing challenges, and becoming a moderator and a member of the challenge team there. Because of the Sims, I've met people from around the world, and kept up more with popular culture. I'm not ready for a nursing home yet, but when I go, the Sims are going with me.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would have finished writting my book and still have had time left to start a podcast :D

I also play other games but the amount of hours I have wasted spent with The Sims since I first started playing back in 2003 is scary to think about.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Except for fond memories of ts2 and ts3, it currently doesn't exist. Shouldn't this have been posted under "Speculation?"
  • Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    verlainem wrote: »

I’ve been at my absolute worst this week and I’ve definitely noticed I’ve spent much more time playing The Sims. There was even a point where I was playing for about 25 hours straight.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2019
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I’d be playing Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons all the time, like I was before I played The Sims the most.

This applies to me exactly. Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons was my everything before The Sims.

Hmm yes, just like Stardew Valley is a nice game to relax to :D

@verlainem I kinda see what you mean by this. I also like to play to relieve stress! So when I'm in a slump I might just be upping my simming dose. Or go outside. I think going outside's usually the better choice for me, but the sims is definitely a close second :blush:
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    would hardly not even have a PC :o:D
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    Creating even more rubbish to fill my house with as well as everyone elses. The Sims, keeping homes clutter free for over 19 years.