Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Well, I found The Sims when I wanted to find a game where you can build and do things inside the buildings. So I think I would be a huge Minecraft fan as building and doing things inside buildings is possible. But then I would like to play a game where I can control more than one character, a game like The Sims.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I'd be still drawing, probably.
  • FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I'd be six feet under :s
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    TS4 is the only computer game I play apart from Twisted Metal on my PlayStation Classic.

I'd dedicate my time to my chart and dice games. I love soccer and wrestling and own such games for each. Also I enjoy filming with my camcorder so I'd be making films to upload onto youtube.
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @calaprfy Nice! What kind of films would you create?
    88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif
    @SiliClone Fun! I love to draw too, what do you enjoy drawing the most?
    @orangehippogriff Aw that's wonderful! I won't ever stop playing either 😁
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Do a lot more reading, spend more time writing, my shelves would have more ships on them than they do now. Essentially what I do now with one less item compteing for time.
  • LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,827 Member
    I'd have more money and I'd probably be a better violinist
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I started with The Sims at an early age, and it really got me into modding and content creation/community participation. In middle and high school, I had my own 'website' where I had stuff for download, strategy articles, that sort of thing. I was comfortable exploring game files, making backups, and inserting mods. Some of the stuff modders were doing then was later added into the game -- for instance, where we once used custom skins for pajamas by overwriting the filenames, Hot Date allowed for sims to choose different clothes in game. I haven't been that plugged in for any other game -- although I did create custom content for Civ3 and wrote strategy articles for another few games, I wasn't DEVOTED to them the way I was my Sims.

I said all that to say this: I don't know if I would be as comfortable manipulating files, or creating and sharing OC, were it not for The Sims.
    @Oldeseadogge Same haha! What kind of books are you fascinated by?
    @Smellincoffee That's awesome how sims effected you to branch out! I bet you're one smart cookie when people ask you about the game.
  • SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    masuloi wrote: Β»
    @Smellincoffee That's awesome how sims effected you to branch out! I bet you're one smart cookie when people ask you about the game.

Well, the first two! I played TS3 very little and haven't tried creating any TS4 mods behind recolored paintings.
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Doing what Ive been doing before 1st downloading the sims, playing other video games.
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited December 2019
    Honestly it’s not that big of a deal in my life.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    My life would be very sad and empty. Sims and food - that is all I live for. For someone my life would be sad how it is now but it is great for me :) Cheers.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    One thing for sure, I'd never have had the chance to meet any of you wonderful people and I especially would've never met the love of my life through both of our love for The Sims.

For sure my life would be different - it's a little scary to think about what could've been.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • KoteykaKoteyka Posts: 537 Member
    I would play Zoo Tycoon.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,953 Member
    edited December 2019
    even if sims did not exist i would not eat something as disgusting as noodles

I'd probably just play some other game or be extremely bored

and also i feel world be worse place cause ppl have need to delete pool ladder and see what happens and it is better they do that with sims not real humans
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    I would probably mod skyrim into the sims accidentally tbh. Skyrim: Modern Living mod by Sky Oasis 22
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    I think I would have been a bit more bored when on my own. But also my entire life situation could have been different, weird to think of... ;) I think I would have channeled my creativity in ways that could actually have reached an audience and perhaps even earned me some money. The crazy thing is that I will never get to know... our past can never be changed.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    > @Simmerville said:
    I think I would have channeled my creativity in ways that could actually have reached an audience and perhaps even earned me some money.

I don't have enough confidence in myself to think that
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,667 Member
    > @Simmerville said:
    I think I would have channeled my creativity in ways that could actually have reached an audience and perhaps even earned me some money.

I don't have enough confidence in myself to think that

You could at least put it in the category of daydreaming :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    > @Simmerville said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You could at least put it in the category of daydreaming :)

@Simmerville
    the worst part of daydreaming is waking up. Sometimes I wish the daydream was bad, so I can feel better that it isn't real. haha
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I'd probably be reading more. I love to read but find that, since I started playing the sims, i've had less time for reading.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn