Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would life be like if Sims never existed?

masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
I would still be eating noodles...🍜

What would you be doing?

tumblr_lb3gtxuc9K1qb6jd9o1_400.gif
88e00f9777fc8e9e0e1a609abcd94289.gif

Comments

• Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    I was a gamer and well into computers before Sims came out - so I'd still be into those things. I was also a member at EA and played a number of their other games. In fact being a fan of Sim City is what got me interested in Sims when Will Wright first introduced his idea of bringing his little people in Sim City to life. I tested the Sims game for him in 1999. I also knew who Will Wright was before he came to EA - as I had play Sim Copter with my kids and Sim Ant when Maxis was it's own place, and then the first Sim City when it came out as it was a free game that came with my then brand new PC (A 386 I believe it was).

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I would still have been playing other games. The same as what I will do when the sims ends.
  • masuloimasuloi Posts: 66 Member
    @MidnightAura Me too! What games interest you?
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I would be fluent in a 3rd language.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
    @Netzspannung So i’m guessing Sims takes up a lot of time? What languages would you be able to speak 🦋
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    masuloi wrote: »
    @Netzspannung So i’m guessing Sims takes up a lot of time? What languages would you be able to speak 🦋

Ha! I was mostly joking about that, but if I decide to learn another language it will be Portuguese, Russian or French. Russian and French mostly for the literature.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited March 2019
    The world would be a darker place. Lol no but seriously, I like to think something similar would have taken its place. For me personally I would probably do a lot more writing (and fanfics) as I love making up characters and stories. As a child I always had my head in the clouds daydreaming stories in my head and I've never grown out of it. The Sims just allows me to see my characters come to 'life' rather than them just being my imaginary friends. Also, I would have a lot more spare change... or maybe I would have bought myself an actual dollhouse and started collecting little dolls and furniture. :D
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member
    I was still a gamer before the Sims, so I'd still be playing something, but this game really is the largest part of my life in terms of what I do for fun. I was a pretty big fan of StarCraft back in the day; who knows, maybe I'd have been more invested in StarCraft II when that came out. I'd still be gaming for sure. Never not gonna do that.
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    edited March 2019
    Somebody might have taken up Will Wright's idea later and I might have been playing that. (I hope anyway)!
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    Gives me the shakes thinking about it LOL. I don't know. I'd probably be addicted to some other video game I'm sure.
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I only played one other franchise regularly, so I would be only playing the 'Story of Seasons' games.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    I'd play some other sandbox game similar to it or an rpg. ;)
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
    @Netzspannung Haha, I actually am learning russian.
    @annaliese39 It would be actually pretty dark, I agree. Sims has inspired many games so without Sims, many other games similar probably wouldn't exist 👽
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I wouldn’t be coping with my mental illness. Sims is a good distraction.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited March 2019
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,499 Member
    Basically, I'd be doing what I'm doing now. Writing, and researching my family tree.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I would've played other games more. Sims is my main game now (shout-out to Skyrim for being the only other game I play these days), but I used to do a lot more online games (RuneScape and Club Penguin) and other simulations (like rollercoaster tycoon and SimCity) when I was a kid, as well as any number of GameCube/Xbox/DS/PS3 games. I imagine my Sims time would have been spent on those instead.
  • catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'd have a lot more money in my bank account.
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    I would still be a console player and probably wouldn't have gotten in to the world of pc gaming.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • ladybreidladybreid Posts: 3,455 Member
    Likely playing another game.
    wz3Vdbh.jpg
    Saying "not to be rude", then blatently being rude does not excuse rude behavior.
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I’d be playing Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons all the time, like I was before I played The Sims the most.
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    I’d be playing Harvest Moon/Story of Seasons all the time, like I was before I played The Sims the most.

This. I use to play a lot of those games.

I still play various video games. Cept I'll probably be getting more sleep if I didn't have any Sims games. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    edited March 2019
    Life would be so much more productive. But also possibly much more stressful.

Edit: Or, I'd have played through Dragon Age many more times than I already have.
    a63ftuN.png