Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really DISLIKE the money situation!

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    aaronrulz wrote: »
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    SimRealist has a mod that allows separate bank accounts. It also can be set up to auto deposit in individual accounts, but doesn't account for all income (wages, but not money from sale of craftables etc).

https://www.simrealist.com/snb

How does it work when it's time to pay bills? My dream that it would subtract from all sims accounts evenly. Then I could have a proper roommate household

You can set it up to automatically deposit a certain percentage of your career paycheck into the “Sim National Bank” option via the phone. Whenever you get paid, you get a notification that a certain amount of money has been deposited and the rest of the money goes to your household funds.

I personally have it set up with MCCC so that household bills are paid automatically and I don’t have to manually do it. But that amount comes from the household funds, not from the money you “deposited” into the “bank”.

Hope that helps!
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I want to play roommates , but since I play without cheats and can't account for every dollar each individual makes, I cant. I want individual banks accounts for teens and up. But if needed , the individual sim can still dip into household funds.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    angelicsamuraiangelicsamurai Posts: 41 Member
    you would think that with this day and age of online banking, etc. That you could have some sort of seperation of money earned, or even if you have a young adult who's moving out of a household, that the parent could say "Here, have 50k to get you started in life so you didn't have to struggle like i did"..

What i've been doing lately is if i have someone move out, i'd deduct the money from the parents cash to make it out as if they've given the money to the child..
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    And why there is still not the ''heritage'' reward like in TS3 where you could earn 40'000 simleons?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Where is this 'vault' option, I've never heard of it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member

The vault is a new object included with Get Famous.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2019
    you would think that with this day and age of online banking, etc. That you could have some sort of seperation of money earned, or even if you have a young adult who's moving out of a household, that the parent could say "Here, have 50k to get you started in life so you didn't have to struggle like i did"..

What i've been doing lately is if i have someone move out, i'd deduct the money from the parents cash to make it out as if they've given the money to the child..

There are some violins in the game worth 15,000 dollars - so I give my sims child that is moving out two of them which he or she can sell for thirty thousand for the two, plus with their 20,000 starter money it gives them 50,000 to start out with. As the parent sims pays for the violins well it looks like they gave their child moving money as they technically do.

Even though I could use the vault - I am so used to doing it this way since the game came out - I still tend to do it. Besides I have not actually purchased a vault for any of my Sims anyway. Some are very comfortable - but no way rich - well most of them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Chazzzy wrote: »

The vault is a new object included with Get Famous.

Thank you
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I agree I wish I did not have to use cheats to transfer money.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited March 2019
    SimRealist has a mod that allows separate bank accounts. It also can be set up to auto deposit in individual accounts, but doesn't account for all income (wages, but not money from sale of craftables etc).

Is it updated? Last time I checked it (a while ago lol) it was down or not updated and it didn’t work.

It’s ready again! Thank goodness!
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member

This mod looks really cool I think I will try it next time I play :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Although I really appreciate all the good ideas to get a better money system. I think we need to make it clear that EA seriously needs to upgrade this.
    I mean, the sims is all about life where work and winning money plays a giant role. How is it that we still have no insight in our money situation.
    I should not have to go old school and write down all the earning with a notebook and pen aside from my game.

Here is an idea:

* They could just simply give a detailed info window when clicking on the household money with who earned/spend what and to let you switch between options as today/this week/last 7 days/last 30 days etc.

* Then they could add a little side notebook/diary where you have allowance to make additional notes if you would like that. TS3 had something like that I remember.

* All sims in the household have their own bank starting from kids. Cause kids could get money gifts from elders/family or their parents too. You can never start too early with saving. And of course it is nice to keep track of what your teen actually earns for her future college needs etc.

* When sims move out, there should be a money button where you can decide what your sims bring along with them. You should be able to bring all the owned money from every sim who moves out with you (or just your own bank account if you move out alone). And there should always be the option to just take the household bank account (which could be too mean :p). The money should be cut from the household that stays behind. And the history of how the money was earned/spend should not vanish after moving!!

* Heritage is ridiculously ignored in TS4. It takes away all of the excitement and challenge of actually playing The Sims, cause it's pointless to play generations without consequences or influences if all starts from scratch with every new generation or every sim that moves out.
    Houses that are OWNED should pop up as a 'Do you want to own or sell it' message after family passed away. Maybe only available for direct/adopted kids. It should give you an insight of the value of the home and if you want to own it, we should also be able to own multiple properties like in previous sims games. You could save the home for later generations of decide to sell it after all. It would add so much value to the game!

* Heritage of money that was in the 'passed away' household bank account should just be divided fairly to close family. How nice if you suddenly get a message you got 1000 Simoleons from a deceived aunt while you were struggling to pay your bills. (Not the deceived part of course :p).

* Loans! We need loans. My sims now have like 40.000 Simoleons debt, cause they bought a suburban house and I don't want to go through the trouble of calculating a fair way how to let them pay mortgage over that money as well. I should not have to do that myself. The game should have a system where you call the bank and according to your money/work situation, they can lent you money with a certain percentage on it weekly or so. You can decide to pay this debt weekly and if you don't, the debt gets worse and worse. Should make some interesting stories as well.

It will just need some testing to see how the heritage system could work the best, so we won't swim in money from every family members who dies, but since I use the money cheat to divide money to the kids after their parents die, the heritage is finished in NO time and actually very necessary for a basic life. And my sims were small to medium rich, so it should not be a problem.
  • Options
    JC1979JC1979 Posts: 491 Member
    @Cupid how do you do that? Do you put it in a sim’s inventory when they move out or....?
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    JC1979 wrote: »
    @Cupid how do you do that? Do you put it in a sim’s inventory when they move out or....?

The vault is tied to a sim, not to a lot or household. So you could make a “bank” lot and add a bunch of them and have your sims go and use them.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member

The vault is tied to a sim, not to a lot or household. So you could make a “bank” lot and add a bunch of them and have your sims go and use them.

This is actually something I am really interested in. I have usually just used the money cheats to add and detract from household to household when a Sim(s) move out.

I just got Get Famous but I haven't tried much of it, infact none. I do have a retail lot I haven't done much with so I was wondering if a bank with vaults would work on a retail lot? If not, which community lot would work best?

And how does this work? Do I put a bunch of vaults onto the bank lot and have my Sims visit and reserve/take an ownership of a vault or do I have my Sims buy a vault and place it into the bank?
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Stina1701A wrote: »

This is actually something I am really interested in. I have usually just used the money cheats to add and detract from household to household when a Sim(s) move out.

I just got Get Famous but I haven't tried much of it, infact none. I do have a retail lot I haven't done much with so I was wondering if a bank with vaults would work on a retail lot? If not, which community lot would work best?

And how does this work? Do I put a bunch of vaults onto the bank lot and have my Sims visit and reserve/take an ownership of a vault or do I have my Sims buy a vault and place it into the bank?

You just build the lot with the vaults on it.

An empty unlocked vault is claimable by adding cash and locking.

Sims can try to break into vaults claimed by other sims, so it gives good gameplay for criminal sims too.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    I've not checked out the vault thing yet, but will definitely use this feature.

I was expecting to find a stand alone office safe object as well, but can't find it in the catalog. Was there such an object with GF? I have an office safe that is purely decor, I think it was added with GTW, but it's an end table with no storage functionality. Did anyone make a CC safe yet with the vault functionality? (bar the walk in, sleep etc of course)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Just checked the vault objects, and although it's a nifty thing for those wealthy sims, I was kinda shocked to see how easy it was to break in!

In a house with 2 sims I had the adult add money and close the vault. Then directed the teen to break in. The teen took hardly 1 hr to do so, and with zero mech skills! Teen gained 1st mech skill doing this. But hey, shouldn't it require at least a minimum level of mechanic skills to break into a vault?

Discovered something fun: A famous sim (this one has 4 stars) can donate her vault to a fan. LOL. This way my celebs can actually donate money to welfare or supporting specific families or community lot owners, etc:)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    I kind of agree, but I don't think I'd care for a full on Banking system.

Simply, a Sim's income should go into their Inventory, and then they decide how to allocate their funds, perhaps into the Household funds or save it in their Inventory.

however a Sim can only withdraw funds in the amounts they've contributed.
    So if my Sims Mason, Tyron, and Aria each deposit, $10,000, so there is $30,000 in the Household Funds. Mason can't Go ahead and Withdraw $30,000, or $10,001, after, he can only withdraw $10,000 at the very most. that way what you put in is what you get back.

even after a Billing cycle, if the bill was $1,500, Mason can only withdraw $9,500 after, back into his personal account.

But what happens when a roommate dies with their money on them? does the game simply seize their money? or can the roommates, loot the corpse?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I did want a similar separate system for kids, I thought the money box (it's a piggy bank) could be used to deposit a child's money from part time work or selling stuff, so they could save for items or moving out.
    Also a college saving fund would be nice for university
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    christylee1989christylee1989 Posts: 9 New Member
    didnt think of that yet as im new but yeah that would be really nice!