Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Really DISLIKE the money situation!

FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
I have been wanting a separate bank account for all my sims in the household since The sims 1. One where you just click on the household bankaccount and see what each sim actually owns. It would make it easier if you are playing roommates or in my case now.. want to move a part of the household out. I had to fake a heritage into my bankaccount, cause the game ALSO does not provide that.. What are we working for guys?? Add a little meaning pls.

Now I am moving 2 sims out that are newly weds and they actually own most of the money of the household, but when they move out they get a solid 20.000 and its not realistic at all. I have saved somewhat 9000 in the household and I am tired of using cheats to transfer and cut off money from one to another household in order to get everyone what they have worked for. I wish we could at least have a look into what each individual sim has earned, spent and should bring when moving out. When someones moves out, it should give you an option to choose an individual bank account or the whole household bank account.

Anyway, anyone else fed up with this? It is such a simple addition that has STILL not made it into the sims series. For me that is ridiculous.

Post edited by FurSimsOfficial on

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited March 2019
    The vault added in GF basically allows you to separate and reserve funds for particular sims before they move out. After moving out, they can just return to the vault and collect their money.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I agree.

I feel like this could be an easy fix by during the transfer of families to a new household, they allow us to transfer whatever money we want from the existing household.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    I don’t love it either.

One thing you can do is buy a whole lot of the really expensive violin, place them in the inventory of the sim moving out, then move them to a cheap lot, then sell the violins, then move into the expensive lot.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    You can see how much a sim has earned if you switch to the money aspiration. Might not work if they've earned a lot but also spent it so that the aspiration gets "stuck" on certain level.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    The vault added in GF basically allows you to separate and reserve funds for particular sims before they move out. After moving out, they can just return to the vault and collect their money.

wait what?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I never connected with the money system in TS4. It's probably not that different from previous series, but I play rotationally and somehow I don't trust their accounts when getting back to a house. I suspect the game randomize things a bit, but I never investigated it, LOL. Anyway, in TS4 I don't look at their money, I made up a different system where their economy is more generic. I have 6 social classes, and belonging to a given economical class, there is a limit to how big their household networth can be. I also use the class to decide whether they would afford a maid, whether kids go to after school activities, whether a family prefer gourmet or pizza delivery etc. Even how they dress, as kids of the very lowest class won't wear shoes in summer, LOL. Nothing is written in stone though, and there are of course ways to switch class, but mostly that happens through marriage.

That said, I'd love to see individual accounts! I would even consider adjusting my system.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    edited March 2019

Really? I'll have to give that a try. I have a teen who is a b-lister as of just yesterday in my gaming session. I've been jotting down what he earns from tips to promoting stuff on his Simstagram account to concerts, exclusive interviews you name it. Oh, and royalties. I'm going to need a calculator. LOL Yes, I use mods, MCCC and the newest Road to Fame. I did look at the vaults, but they seem massive in size. But, I think I'll get one, so that he won't have an issue taking his money with him when he leaves his parents' home. Of course, my notion of jotting things down, (since I had to restart this game save) was so I could just 'cheat' the money to him after he left. So, I guess, either way would work.

But, I do wish and agree with the OP. There should be a way for individuals in a household to keep their money separate. Especially roommates, but also working teens, too.

You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    I would love having some separation, various types of accounts, etc. Also things like wills and inheritance would be really fun.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

Where is this option, I've never heard of it.
  • Options
    N0NoTToN0NN0NoTToN0N Posts: 1,024 Member

Exactly how does this work? Does the vault have to be locked by the sim moving out or can you just go to any lot with an unlocked vault and take money? Do you need to set up a separate vault for each household member if you want more than one to move out? I guess you could just reset the lock for each sim you want to move.
    19172275569_bb0181ed75.jpgGingerThyme; by T Reece, on Flickr
  • Options
    It would be nice if you could at least transfer however much you want when a sim moves out... like with restaurants or retail lots.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have been wanting a separate bank account for all my sims in the household since The sims 1. One where you just click on the household bankaccount and see what each sim actually owns. It would make it easier if you are playing roommates or in my case now.. want to move a part of the household out. I had to fake a heritage into my bankaccount, cause the game ALSO does not provide that.. What are we working for guys?? Add a little meaning pls.

Now I am moving 2 sims out that are newly weds and they actually own most of the money of the household, but when they move out they get a solid 20.000 and its not realistic at all. I have saved somewhat 9000 in the household and I am tired of using cheats to transfer and cut off money from one to another household in order to get everyone what they have worked for. I wish we could at least have a look into what eich individual sim has earned, spent and should bring when moving out. When someones movies out, it should give you an option to choose an individual bank account or the whole household bank account.

Anyway, anyone else fed up with this? It is such a simple addition that has STILL not made it into the sims series. For me that is ridiculous.

I have wanted the same.
    I love the money computer and ATM mods I had back in TS2.
    The way sims manage money should be part of their personality and that requires them having control of what they earn.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    treece01 wrote: »

Exactly how does this work? Does the vault have to be locked by the sim moving out or can you just go to any lot with an unlocked vault and take money? Do you need to set up a separate vault for each household member if you want more than one to move out? I guess you could just reset the lock for each sim you want to move.

I actually made a bank and just have a vault for different households I play so they can freely add money or take it out. I don't even lock most of them but I probably should since most Sims are prone to taking naps in the money pile. :p

Its useful when you have a sim saving up their money you want to move out.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    I haven't tried the vault yet.

We can at least gift simoleans now with Seasons.

LittleMsSam has a cool mod that lets you buy "ATM cards" that can be stored in personal inventory. This is useful for transferring money to move out sims.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    One question about the vaults - can you tell how much money you have stored in each one? I thought you couldn't but I may be wrong.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited March 2019
    SimRealist has a mod that allows separate bank accounts. It also can be set up to auto deposit in individual accounts, but doesn't account for all income (wages, but not money from sale of craftables etc).

https://www.simrealist.com/snb
  • Options
    Not to derail the thread but now I'm wondering if kleptos can steal money from locked vaults? That would be fun.
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    It would be great to have different options for this. I would love for teens for example to keep the money they earn from part time jobs for themsleves, or as you mentioned for roommates to have their separate accounts, etc.
    It would be also neat if we get inheritance added to the game and a bit more of a detailed economic system overall.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    SimRealist has a mod that allows separate bank accounts. It also can be set up to auto deposit in individual accounts, but doesn't account for all income (wages, but not money from sale of craftables etc).

Can you manually deposit money from royalties, crafting sales and so forth?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    treece01 wrote: »

I actually made a bank and just have a vault for different households I play so they can freely add money or take it out. I don't even lock most of them but I probably should since most Sims are prone to taking naps in the money pile. :p

Its useful when you have a sim saving up their money you want to move out.

This is an excellent idea. I noticed if I save a lot to my library that has a vault with money in it only the vault gets saved. Makes sense though I guess.
  • Options

Can you manually deposit money from royalties, crafting sales and so forth?

EDIT - I answered my own question and you can! :)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member

Cupid, I have purchased a vault. Then I added up all of the monies my teen Sim had accrued up to that point. It came to a whopping 115,000! When I click on the vault once it's unlocked, there is an option for him to remove the funds. But I need to ask to where do they go, when he does this? His personal inventory? Or is he able to take said vault with him when he moves out? Or, is this just a good way to keep track of what he's worth, so I can cheat the correct amount of money to him once he does move? Please, and thank you, in advance.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,098 Member

How does it work when it's time to pay bills? My dream that it would subtract from all sims accounts evenly. Then I could have a proper roommate household
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah when I have a rich family and I want to move out with one sim he only has 20k simleons...
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    cynclacyncla Posts: 1,117 Member
    I just use "kaching" and don't worry about it much.