Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What did you think about StrangerVille?

BradyGalaxyBradyGalaxy Posts: 306 Member
What'd you think about the story/mystery?

Personally, I wish the story was longer and had more to it.

EDIT: Forgot to add just a "I liked it option", so if you want to say that, then just choose "It was okay" and say you liked it. Sorry about that guys :(
Proud simmer

What did you think about StrangerVille? 138 votes

I absolutely loved it! Solving the mystery was so much fun!
48%
grnblzLaBlue0314alexspoom13IceyJdreamergrl84kcarlile7VibseMontrase102Writin_Reghappysimmer2007simgirl1010MagdaleenaCeres_Meirionaalanmichael1alyssasim87Simberella777FairyGodMotherSxcDannii202sekojranaVulori 67 votes
I mean, it was okay.
28%
icmnfrshDerellaKita5399Sara1010PIcewolfUnDutchableSimburiansaiedenLyvedaloubylouloubarracuda1574N0NoTToN0NKatiardguezcheesetruckfiercephoenix91Sigzy05Internal_ChaosMelpomenadomina89shnaileh 39 votes
I am disappointed in StrangerVille. I wish the mystery took a little longer.
14%
SimmySimianAlrynnelanorbretonKementariLadyDecafvcosleybixtersEmmaVaneDestin2016Xavy_CatauramarisLimorzPansekshuEllegemjasGeralt_ofRivialeavebellaaloneshalquoirsammidgirl526amberlunezxSimmerEmilyx 20 votes
It was terrible. I started snoring halway into it.
8%
Colorist40SchantalBagoas77alejandro15039BluelleNaustaydevitasan2SavvySimmiegnelso1239Sims4MagicalTalesJPsimmer 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    I’m in between okay and loved it.

I had fun playing it for sure, but like you I wish it was a bit more involved in terms of completing it. I started last night and finished today. I know it’s a game pack so budget is what it is, but for what I paid for I had fun!

I wish there was more new gameplay during the story. The end was a LOT of fun though lol.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I haven't solved the mystery yet, but I absolutely LOVE this pack. There's no option for me to vote.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,871 Member
    I've just created a new sim to start the mystery again. I missed a few things the first go round. Although I didn't rush to solve the mystery the first time this time I'd like to explore the town and get to know the residents before starting to renovate the town.
  • Options
    I mean, it was okay.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I haven't solved the mystery yet, but I absolutely LOVE this pack. There's no option for me to vote.

Hmm... maybe it's because I didn't vote. See if you can vote now, cause now I'm starting to see some results.
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    simmer_jay wrote: »

I had fun playing it for sure, but like you I wish it was a bit more involved in terms of completing it. I started last night and finished today. I know it’s a game pack so budget is what it is, but for what I paid for I had fun!

I wish there was more new gameplay during the story. The end was a LOT of fun though lol.

My feelings exactly. Wish there was a "Liked it and had a good time" option.

• Options
    I mean, it was okay.
    simmer_jay wrote: »

My feelings exactly. Wish there was a "Liked it and had a good time" option.

Dang, should've added that XD
    Proud simmer
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Hmm... maybe it's because I didn't vote. See if you can vote now, cause now I'm starting to see some results.

What I said was that I haven't solved it yet. (Option 1) but I LOVE it.

There is no option for me and my situation. lol.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    I enjoyed the story, but it wasn't amazing. The pack on a whole I really like though. I'll get a ton of use out of the world for sure.
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    The story was what the poll was about, so I voted it was OK. If asking about the entire pack I really like it, I love the new world, the new career, and all the other CAS and Build Buy stuff that came along. I just found the story to be the least favorite thing about the pack for me. I just wish it had been longer and more in-depth.
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I loved this GP. I played it the first time with an existing game in which my Sim was a Global Superstar maxed out on several skills. I started a new save tonight, built a tiny house for the mobile home park, and did it again. This time around, my Sim's boyfriend is going to do the Military career while my Sim is an artist.

The world is lacking a few things, but that's what the Gallery, your building skills and imagination are for. I may build a gym on that vacant home lot across the street from the bar and library. I might also build some sort of community lot on one of the vacant lots in Shady Acres.

The world is not a place a Sim would normally visit, but I like that. It means if my Sim wants to do anything, they will have to travel to do it. I do that IRL, so it's not as big of a deal as others make it out to be.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    Really having lots of fun with the pack. The world is so pretty in a "strange" sort of way. My sims love the new radio station. I have found really fun ways to incorporate the story elements into 5 save games at this point.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    A little in between. I thought it was okay, but I was surprised to see that it was over pretty quickly
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Xavy_CatXavy_Cat Posts: 350 Member
    edited March 2019
    I wish the story was more complex and a little longer. I beat it in an afternoon, while focusing on other gameplay too. I also pretty much had it figured out before I went into the lower levels of the lab. I like the concept though, I love the world, the townies it came with, etc. I also wish it had more similarities to Strangetown.
    ms-gif-sims%201_zps4784kijd.gif
  • Options
    leavebellaaloneleavebellaalone Posts: 9 New Member
    It was alright, I enjoyed having some objectives.
  • Options
    Captain_CCaptain_C Posts: 180 Member
    I would say it is pretty darn good for a Game Pack. ;)
    Until next time!

Take care all!

- C

giphy.gif
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I suppose this is the most appropriate answer for me because I absolutely love the pack as a whole.

As for the story, it is a little short and somewhat repetitive.
    But, when comparing it to some of the point and click adventure games I play, it actually took me longer to solve Strangerville than any of those games. Of course, my Sim did/had to do other stuff in between. So it's a bit hard to compare.
    When I look at it in terms of price/enjoyment, StrangerVille is definitely a bargain - I may have paid twice as much for it as I would for a regular mystery solving game, I do get a mystery and in addition get a lot of really cool things for my game in general, some of which I'll get a lot of use out (that laptop for example). And this pack has a higher replay value because with different Sims, different backstory, the story does become a little different, rather than doing exactly the same all over again which you would in a simple point and click adventure.
    In comparison to other game packs - and I think Jungle Adventure compares best - it's very similar, the replay value is relatively low in both, but it does come with great CAS/BB assets and amazing worlds.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    LyvedaLyveda Posts: 14 New Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    I thought the storyline was low-key fun but a little too simplistic and short. I like the new career and some of the clothing that came with the pack, but overall, I don't see myself using much of the pack in the future.

However, I am having a lot of fun playing with the adventurer sim I created to play through the Strangerville storyline. She's now headed off to explore the jungle of Selvadorada :)
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    I enjoyed it but the story was a little too grindy for my tastes. I really like the CAS things and I have lots of ideas for how to use the story in another saves.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I wish the mystery had more forks in the road or "winning" outcomes. Like...
    • Alternative ways to get into the lab basement other than the key card e.g. by hacking the lock with high Programming, or short-circuiting it with high Handiness
    • A diplomatic resolution with The Mother e.g. relocation of The Mother to Sixam (Scientists/Astronauts); or offer her space on your home lot for a sim with high Gardening; or help to repair her crater-causing ship so she can leave Sim-Earth on her own.
  • Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    I'm still plaything through it, and I am really loving the game pack. It's going to take me a little while to finish due to the way I play TS4. I play very slowly as I capture everything for my Sims story, and now StrangerVille is integrated into the story. I play TS4 quite often. One Sims week is about a month's worth of writing (40-50 posts on average). So, I'll probably solve the mystery within the next couple of months as StrangerVille is just a side and small portion to the rest of my sims story.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    I'm not done solving yet, but am in the home stretch. Gotta say I'm having a blast with it.

I love the town, I love the story, I love that we get the Military career back. :smiley:
  • Options
    LimorzLimorz Posts: 77 Member
    I did enjoy the gmaeplay, but I finished it in a few hours and I'd probably never play it again
    I only voted disappointed because after solving the mystery you're left with really ugly build buy items
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can't vote as I refuse to play any "story mode" type packs. I prefer only sandbox style. From the little I have seen via videos, it is a predictable story and not too engaging as it can be completed in around 2 hours. There is NO replayability. When I get any DLC, I always look at how much replayability of it.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    edited March 2019
    Loving it, but solving the mystery is not the main reason for this. That's too easy (no skill requirements, no real need for money, just a point and click adventure). The pack only shines when you integreate the setting into your ongoing simming and take it slow with clearing the storyline.

I have some other gripes (mostly with the watred-down sparring), but overall I'm closer to "absolutely loved it" than to "it was okay".
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I mean, it was okay.
    Not sure if this is about the pack as a whole or just the story / mystery solving aspect of it, because the first post asks a different question than the poll. I love the pack as a whole, but voted "okay" for the story, mainly because some parts of it feel like chores, like having to befriend a scientist before they finally give you an item you need (with the military you at least have several options), and walking around too much on the too many floors of this too big laboratory. For anyone who has not yet decided which sim to solve the mystery with, I suggest you take someone who has mastered teleportation (be it through yoga or vampirism), otherwise you'll be doing a lot of walking.