Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some EA lots are so empty indoors in Strangerville

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited March 2019
    Naus wrote: »
    marcel21 wrote: »
    They should of at least leave in more for people who don't build, style rooms, not all simmers do this.

some of the rooms being almost empty

There's no excuse for the interiors of those mansions and the cloned base game house. It shouldn't be necessary to have to furnish all of them ourselves or replace them.

It's a sandbox, right? But you don't want to actually play it as a sandbox, in which you'd have to use your imagination to build houses and Sims.

That's coming off like shaming someone for not playing the "correct " way.

Personally I use the premade houses a lot but remodel the inside. But only if my sims live there.

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2019
    OP, the gurus have said the houses are empty to make the town feel more eerie. (Answer found on SimsVip). I'm not seeing it (the immersion) though, maybe if they had some piled up furniture with a sheet over it, like an old, closed up house, some decals for dirty walls, dusty old floors etc., like abandoned houses etc. I don't get that vibe from these pictures.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,117 Member
    On the plus side, at least these buildings have room for a Christmas tree!

Not much of a plus side. Christmas trees don't take up much space for me.

It's sometimes a problem for me, depending on where my sims live.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    as was stated before, yet constantly gets overlooked because it's not complaining about the building, guru romeo has said that the lot the roswell family lives in was purposefully done weird like that (they all were, but he mentioned this one specifically because he worked on it) because it was supposed to show that the family had recently come upon hard times and had been slowly selling off their furniture. so yes, that 'half done' kitchen that looks like the repo man showed up is exactly what it looks like...

(and for those that will even bother to ask 'where did he say this?' instead of ignoring the post like the last time i made it in this very thread, it was in one of the videos he did together with simsupply)
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,892 Member
    Yes but still, the starter homes in the other neighborhood are normally furnished ?
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    as was stated before, yet constantly gets overlooked because it's not complaining about the building, guru romeo has said that the lot the roswell family lives in was purposefully done weird like that (they all were, but he mentioned this one specifically because he worked on it) because it was supposed to show that the family had recently come upon hard times and had been slowly selling off their furniture. so yes, that 'half done' kitchen that looks like the repo man showed up is exactly what it looks like...

(and for those that will even bother to ask 'where did he say this?' instead of ignoring the post like the last time i made it in this very thread, it was in one of the videos he did together with simsupply)

It's a weak excuse. It's like claiming "it's not a bug, but a feature."
    Even James wasn't buying what he was selling, pointing out that a piano was placed "just there.".
  • Options
    HeyItsKoffeeHeyItsKoffee Posts: 99 Member
    I was kind of upset seeing hardly any furniture, i like my houses to feel homey and lively.. i definitely think they could've done better with the interior , but will not complain, it was their way of making us do it ourselves haha.
    Youtube @ ItsKoffeeh

Legacy Challenge
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    Yes but still, the starter homes in the other neighborhood are normally furnished ?

I don't mind that specific house the Simguru talks about. But in all worlds up to Cats & Dogs all homes were fully furnished, but in C&D there is one that is beyond half empty. My guess is to lower the price on the lot.

However there are other dumb mistakes. Like a TON of prebuild lots that have the windows set too high so the bottom of the window starts halfway up the Sim's faces. It's like the Simgurus have no clue how tall the Sims actually are. Same with paintings, btw; a lot of houses have art that you would get a pain in the neck from looking at IRL, because it is placed way too high on the walls.

Then we have the missing toilets, or furniture blocking the way...
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    This was just posted at reddit: https://imgur.com/a/Fn1BJco#TU0fSWJ

They only used base game and StrangerVille content. There were some people claiming it was hard to furnish with only base game and StrangerVille content and that's why interiors look so bad in this pack. Well, this shows it's definitely possible to have a really nice and detailed interior with only the base game (+SV).
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member

And school projects! LOL
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 36,081 Member
    edited March 2019

They only used base game and StrangerVille content. There were some people claiming it was hard to furnish with only base game and StrangerVille content and that's why interiors look so bad in this pack. Well, this shows it's definitely possible to have a really nice and detailed interior with only the base game (+SV).

Thar's awesome! Wonder if it's on the Gallery. I'll be bulldozing those lots but I'm sure a lot of simmers would love this.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    What kind of kitchen is that ?
    1z23jub.png

And that ?
    24m88df.png

Empty room
    714ihg.png

Odd design
    dz6xbt.png

The houses that came with the BG and with most of the worlds up until now have been moderately well furnished. I don-t know what happened here. It's as if they left the lots half finished or in a beta state but released the pack anyways.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    They should of at least leave in more for people who don't build, style rooms, not all simmers do this.

There's no excuse for the interiors of those mansions and the cloned base game house. It shouldn't be necessary to have to furnish all of them ourselves or replace them.

It's a sandbox, right? But you don't want to actually play it as a sandbox, in which you'd have to use your imagination to build houses and Sims.

That's coming off like shaming someone for not playing the "correct " way.

Personally I use the premade houses a lot but remodel the inside. But only if my sims live there.
    I don't think they meant it that way they just meant its a sandbox game and you can redo the house however you want. So why should it matter if they are bare?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2019
    think I will just end up bulldozing these mansions, they took this suggested backstory a little too far.
    I don't want to have to fill these rooms up with each save, I might use them for, I use EA homes a lot with when i just want to dive in play without building or cheats.
    these houses are just not worth the hassle in this shape.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    I always bulldoze and replace the homes, so I didn't really notice. :blushes:
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    I always bulldoze and replace the homes, so I didn't really notice. :blushes:

whatever works best for your game.
    i do the same if I dislike a house, or try to improve it.
    I am just fond of a game with some EA homes I guess.

• Options
    edited March 2019

I agree.

• Options
    Cinebar wrote: »
    OP, the gurus have said the houses are empty to make the town feel more eerie. (Answer found on SimsVip). I'm not seeing it (the immersion) though, maybe if they had some piled up furniture with a sheet over it, like an old, closed up house, some decals for dirty walls, dusty old floors etc., like abandoned houses etc. I don't get that vibe from these pictures.

I thought as much, and agree.

• Options
    edited March 2019

Not much of a plus side. Christmas trees don't take up much space for me.

It's sometimes a problem for me, depending on where my sims live.

Of course, smaller houses, lack of space etc etc :)

• Options

And school projects! LOL

I always end up doing those on the lawn :p , wish you could just do them on a dining table.

• Options
    edited March 2019

right, :) they took the backstory a little too far if you ask me.

• Options
    kalaksed wrote: »

thank you for the info :)

• Options

much better, thanks for the link B)

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2019
    It really just comes off as lazy.

I mean, even The Sims 2’s base game had better decorated houses, and they felt pretty empty at times.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,360 Member
    I think they want to prevent lag with the mostly empty lots. The more packs get added, the harder to keep up for lower end computers.

The sneaky b.... do put some thought into their builds. When I loaded Strangerville for the first time and entered the library, my sims was still oblivious of any mystery. But I, the player, knew there was one and then I noticed that in one of the otherwise identical bookcases was a dog statue. Oh, right, that must be a secret door trigger! Or maybe it's coded to give me a hint? I spent some time watching the silly thing with my sim and then concluded I wasn't far enough into the story to use it meaningfully. (That was before I discovered there was an aspiration to guide you through the story. I went in blind and used existing sims).

So if they are able to tease us with red herrings, they could have done more with the lot, but just didn't want it. Or they are just cheapskates (Why pay an employee to furnish a lot if the same employee can work on a mobile app...).
    Currently playing: Castaway Challenge