Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Some EA lots are so empty indoors in Strangerville

marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
And I saw Base game lot to.

I wonder why they decided not to fill them up a bit.

thank god for the gallery for the interiors.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

Post edited by marcel21 on

Comments

• Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yeah, I was so excited to see three beautiful mansions, only for them to be super empty inside.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I feel like this has been a thing since Cats & Dogs really; the "reasons" as they put them out to be are that they want you to have some room to redecorate to your liking, or to make the place more affordable. Although those are also valid reasons, it could also just be pure laziness on their part. What about the simmers who want a quick housing space without the time to redecorate? Well, at least there's lots of great interiors on the Gallery.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I feel like this has been a thing since Cats & Dogs really; the "reasons" as they put them out to be are that they want you to have some room to redecorate to your liking, or to make the place more affordable. Although those are also valid reasons, it could also just be pure laziness on their part. What about the simmers who want a quick housing space without the time to redecorate? Well, at least there's lots of great interiors on the Gallery.

Perhaps that's why the gallery was implemented the way it was.

For me, personally, I tend to bulldoze the lots that come with worlds. And the premades. simply because I am building MY world.

I get there are those that just want to jump in and play it as it is, and perhaps the devs should take a bit more care in their world-building. After all, I think I recall that they made sure to add the talking toilets to many builds in San Myshuno. (which I had to delete) So it is a fine line. I think they know a lot are going to delete what they put in, and they're trying to accommodate players that just go in and play.

What to do.....what to do.....I am sure they think that about EVERY pack.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    I was really surprised to see how empty the houses were....I hope it's on purpose. Some rooms just have a bed in it, some are empty, are you kidding me ?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    at least one of the houses was done that way on purpose, according to one of the gurus. the one the roswell family in seems to purposefully be lacking a lot of things (...the kitchen looks like it had a ton of counters removed, as an example) and the guru mentioned their backstory had them falling on hard times recently so had been slowly selling their furniture off

the others strike me as just weird, though considering that three of the households in the pack have infected sims in them, there's entirely a chance that it was done at least partially on purpose, just to make players sit up and realize just how weird everything is. though the arts trio's house only having two bedrooms seems a bit of an oversight... (if any two of them had started with a high relationship, it could have been overlooked, but since they all barely know each other...)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    All they can furnish them with is base game objects and pack objects. For me as long as it has the essentials I can fill out the rest.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

Dont forget about the premade rooms that came with this pack.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    All they can furnish them with is base game objects and pack objects. For me as long as it has the essentials I can fill out the rest.

That didn't seem to be much of a problem in the lots of basegame worlds :p Those were much more thought out interior-wise with only what they had, which wasn't much and didn't come in the prettiest swatches.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    Yeah, I was so excited to see three beautiful mansions, only for them to be super empty inside.

Me to, I love all three of the mansions exterior wise <3
    The interiors just spoil them with the emptiness of most of the rooms :'(

one room has nothing but a single bed and dresser, and another only a desk and chair :#

• Options
    edited March 2019

to be honest I only noticed this amount of emptiness of EA lots with this pack.
    there rooms are almost empty in some of the houses.
    guess, I will have to fill them up myself.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    fullspiral wrote: »

Perhaps that's why the gallery was implemented the way it was.

For me, personally, I tend to bulldoze the lots that come with worlds. And the premades. simply because I am building MY world.

I get there are those that just want to jump in and play it as it is, and perhaps the devs should take a bit more care in their world-building. After all, I think I recall that they made sure to add the talking toilets to many builds in San Myshuno. (which I had to delete) So it is a fine line. I think they know a lot are going to delete what they put in, and they're trying to accommodate players that just go in and play.

What to do.....what to do.....I am sure they think that about EVERY pack.

They should of at least leave in more for people who don't build, style rooms, not all simmers do this.

some of the rooms being almost empty

• Options
    NausNaus Posts: 405 Member
    edited March 2019
    They should of at least leave in more for people who don't build, style rooms, not all simmers do this.

There's no excuse for the interiors of those mansions and the cloned base game house. It shouldn't be necessary to have to furnish all of them ourselves or replace them.
    Post edited by Naus on
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I was really surprised to see how empty the houses were....I hope it's on purpose. Some rooms just have a bed in it, some are empty, are you kidding me ?

I know right, maybe it was on purpose ?

• Options
    edited March 2019

Hermitgirl wrote: »

To be honest, I have seen a lot more furnishings used in other houses from both the base game and packs, not so much with this pack.

• Options
    Naus wrote: »

There's no excuse for the interiors of those mansions and the cloned base game houses. It shouldn't be necessary to have to furnish all of them ourselves or replace them.

I agree it shouldn't be the case.
    I love to furnish homes and build, but having to keep adding to these empty rooms each save will drive me nuts :#
    no idea why they used a base game house from 2014 either :o

• Options

Dont forget about the premade rooms that came with this pack.

true, but still, I want to see a mansion with more than 2 items in some of the rooms

• Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member

No clue, but this house was very easy to expand and upgrade as I played my new sherriff story.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    They created the game but don't even know how to build lol.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Drakos wrote: »

No clue, but this house was very easy to expand and upgrade as I played my new sherriff story.

Me neither.
    And, I have done so myself a few times, with that same house, but when you buy a pack with a world, normally they at least have new houses built for them, not use a base game one over 4 years old.
    they might as well just left the lot empty. seen as were getting smaller worlds now with another 11 lot world. the last thing we need it more base game lots using up the limited space the the newest worlds.

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    What kind of kitchen is that ?
    1z23jub.png

And that ?
    24m88df.png

Empty room
    714ihg.png

Odd design
    dz6xbt.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    On the plus side, at least these buildings have room for a Christmas tree!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    What kind of kitchen is that ?
    1z23jub.png

And that ?
    24m88df.png

Empty room
    714ihg.png

Odd design
    dz6xbt.png

It's like the REPO man paid them a visit :#

• Options
    On the plus side, at least these buildings have room for a Christmas tree!

Not much of a plus side. Christmas trees don't take up much space for me.

• Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    I was about to say that maybe they were trying to keep things simple for those folks playing on poor computers, but after seeing those pictures, I agree, that is some really strange interior design.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Naus wrote: »

There's no excuse for the interiors of those mansions and the cloned base game house. It shouldn't be necessary to have to furnish all of them ourselves or replace them.

It's a sandbox, right? But you don't want to actually play it as a sandbox, in which you'd have to use your imagination to build houses and Sims.

Personally, I don't think I've used a premade house since Sims 1. Or premade Sims. I've never used the gallery (except to cheat a cherry tree into my game when I simply couldn't find them where they were meant to be). I'm not a 'builder' either - I spend most of my time playing my Sims family, but I like to build a house and select furnishings that mirror the backstory I've imagined for my Sims.

Right now, I'm enjoying the grungy BB items and fitting them to my struggling mother and toddler living on the outskirts of a Llama-forsaken town in the desert. Built me a double-wide, too (though most double-wides don't have greenhouses). Anya is on her last dollar, but she starts work today - if she can get her toddler fed before she gets whisked into day care.
    I just want things to match. :'(