Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Picture Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited February 2019
    @CK213 What is an alien compound and what is happening inside :) ?

Without knowing what the story is, I am assuming my group of the aliens are at the center of it when they crash landed on the planet carrying illegal cargo and without knowing exactly what it was. The military have them now and they are all working to find out exactly has been wrought in Strangerville. I'll wing it as I go.

Also Scully and Mulder will be joining them after they become Cover Operators in the Military career.
    So I will be taking things slowly and staying away from the forums. ;)

Bye!
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    @CK213 What is an alien compound and what is happening inside :) ?

Without knowing what the story is, I am assuming my group of the aliens are at the center of it when they crash landed on the planet carrying illegal cargo and without knowing exactly what it was. The military have them now and they are all working to find out exactly has been wrought in Strangerville. I'll wing it as I go.

Also Scully and Mulder will be joining them after they become Cover Operators in the Military career.
    So I will be taking things slowly and staying away from the forums. ;)

Bye!

Wonderful!!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I spent all my time so far in CAS, like I knew I would ...

sQ8tJh7.jpg
    Is the black blouse the last sim is wearing new?

Yes, it is adorable. To clarify by picture what is from SV: 1) Hairstyle and top 2) Hairstyle, necklace, top and bottom 3) Hairstyle, top and bottom 4) Hairstyle, necklace, top and bottom

The new boots are not the greatest, if one of my sims is going full cowgirl (and duckface) it is going to be with the BG boots.
    Items from the new pack in the picture below are hat, hairstyle and top.

cM6rYur.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    edited February 2019
    Please don't forgot to hide any mystery gameplay related photos and discussions under the spoiler tag. :)
  • Options
    LissyK9LissyK9 Posts: 205 Member

Here's my new family! I have a bit of backstory to play through before I jump into the actual gameplay, but here are Justin and Caroline Miller.

10s80gg.jpg

The Millers moved to Strangeville for Justin's military career, right after getting married. Caroline is family focused and is already pregnant so she is just hoping this is a safe place to raise their family.

Justin looks smart in his uniform!
    2v0xrub.jpg
  • Options
    thesimmer14thesimmer14 Posts: 393 Member
    Not exactly sure where all the crazy sims are. Do they appear on community lots?
    I went to the bar and the lab. It was pretty crowded, but there were no "possessed" sims.

Do you have to initiate some sort of event for them to appear?
    Where can I find one? :D I'd like to check them out. Maybe the Library..?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member

sQ8tJh7.jpg

I swear you need to upload a little clothing shop for every pack. Your sims always look so good.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    This is the last one from CAS, the stuff is really cute. Hairstyles are all incredibly well done (and CC creators will do some awesome edits, I am sure):

kMhA3ed.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options

30aqa6c.jpg

@thesimmer14 They showed up for the welcome wagon when I first moved in to Strangerville. They are also just walking around the neighborhood. I'm living in the upper level area with the fancier houses, can't remember the name.
  • Options
    NimieNimie Posts: 206 Member
    I haven't tried the story yet
    OPWrtXA.jpg
    Bw0a0mq.jpg
    8mPfYPs.jpg
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    My Sim Kendra, she is going to be my Strangeville sim. She is a pilot that has crashlanded, She is living in her plane and scrounging around for parts at the lab to rebuild her plane and get out of there ;)

OdIVBOS.png

She has not got much space, but its home for now and better than nothing :)

xp9xsBu.png
    O0grINx.png
    oT1d2Cl.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    OMG I thought my teenage heir from Brindleton Bay would never age up (he had 4 days until his birthday), but here we are ...
    BTW, the barrel grill from Jungle Adventure is MADE for this world.

0A6BXbp.jpg
  • Options
    Wow this is cool. I need to build a run-down military fitness studio with a sparring ring in STV.

JMzeXCm.jpg
  • Options
    Carpbeat24Carpbeat24 Posts: 987 Member
    I'm really loving the aesthetics of the new world. The red rocks surrounding the town remind me of Sedona, AZ. Gorgeous!

And as fascinated as I am with uncovering the story, I am a bit disappointed that you cannot simply turn it off (or so I've read). I will for sure want to play the storyline but I know there are going to be saves that I just want to use the town as a normal town... not have weirdo sims running rampant through it.

Maybe they will update this as an option with a patch?
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    Also -- I've read that the weather in this town is supposed to be rather peculiar -- anyone who have the pack yet have anything to say about this?
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    The new shower is surprisingly ... open :o:D

MA3Jzyw.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I love the world! I'm not usually a fan of desert worlds, but this is great. Here is the Lot I placed to put my household in that I will be playing:
    02-26-19_9-06-56%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

This is a little Western style town area, which I put in the shady acres bit:
    02-26-19_9-08-44%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

The view of that whole area:
    02-26-19_9-08-57%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0

And my new bar:
    02-26-19_9-10-41%C2%A0PM.png?dl=0
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Hermitgirl wrote: »

sQ8tJh7.jpg

I swear you need to upload a little clothing shop for every pack. Your sims always look so good.

Thank you so much for your kind words! I enjoy CAS a lot and always hope I don't annoy everyone with too many pics. :smile:

we all try ...
  • Options

Is this lot available on the exchange? Looks amazing :)
    F8wHsKZ.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Soldiers relaxing in the bar ... very unique atmosphere for the franchise.

iCURymE.jpg

This bar isnt available for dates. Maybe it's my mods though.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Absolutely loving the CAS items! :heart:
    LissyK9 wrote: »
    30aqa6c.jpg

@thesimmer14 They showed up for the welcome wagon when I first moved in to Strangerville. They are also just walking around the neighborhood. I'm living in the upper level area with the fancier houses, can't remember the name.

ROFL! They look like puppets! :lol:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    s33man wrote: »

Is this lot available on the exchange? Looks amazing :)

Yes it is. I can't check who made it at the moment as I'm not on my computer, but I'm pretty sure the item name is western town.
  • Options
    @s33man I haven't experienced any strange weather yet, just normal summer heatwaves and such, but I was watching the Sim Community's livestream party for the pack release earlier today and he triggered the wierd weather for it. I think he used a cheat, so I think it only unlocks during the story, but I'm not sure.
  • Options
    And so it starts :o
    EBfinTW.png
    I really hope that these spores coming out did not affect my sim :/
    ijRPeDj.png
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh snap !!!
    dosZtzY.png

mmm not good