Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

StrangerVille Picture Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Comments

• NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you for the compliment, I'm always glad to be part of the eternal well of inspiration this forum is for all things Sims. :)
    @simgirl1010 Glad to hear it, thank you! And if you like those, I spent an hour in CAS yesterday just combining the new waterfall jacket with items from other packs. I posted some of the result on my profile page because this thread is more about gameplay. That jacket is the most versatile piece of this pack.
    @Writin_Reg I almost overlooked your kind words, thank you so much! I am very glad to read that my CAS obsession is helpful to other players. :)

What does the waterfall jacket look like?

In fashion, waterfall is just a descriptive term for a certain kind of collar, it cascades downward, so to speak. The pictures are on my profile page.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    I love this world so much. I'm varying what I'm doing but completely addicted. I've set up Strangetown (Sims 2) in Strangeville. I didn't build the lots myself.. just pulled them from another save and before that the gallery.. but I've got all the main characters.
    My sim is a ways into the storyline also. I do want to play with Shady Acres as is at some point but not now, been waiting for something like this for too long. I didn't even know I was waiting lol..
    9g8s9s.png

Amazing sunset!!
  • erimurpheyerimurphey Posts: 173 Member
    edited February 2019
    @catloverplayer
    I bugged the Grim Reaper, and learned some things about him us cat lovers would rather not know. Oh Grim, say it isn't so! :'(:'(:'(

D0d-ETYWsAAcDIl.jpg:large
    "Oh I much prefer cats... They're tastier and less filling."
    D0d_KMNX0AUzCVY.jpg:large
    D0eAVwxXgAIrJzp.jpg:large

Ah-ha-ha-ha-ha! :D That's just wrong! Well-er-maybe
    cats are a brand of cookie or something
    in Grim's world.

Vanessa had to...
    ...collect fifteen spores shortly after the weather changed for the worse. It looked like there were red snowflakes everywhere and reminded me of the old anime Pretear.

Hint:
    Your sim can't just grab spores out of thin air. They must scan them with this special tool.

a1ixpt.png

6dxy6b.png
    Post edited by erimurphey on
    Sul Sul!

Origin i.d.: erimurphey
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    haha! They don't like it when you try to snap them out of it too many times in a row!

yMg8cJk.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    haha! They don't like it when you try to snap them out of it too many times in a row!

yMg8cJk.png

Their unusually strong too.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I love this world so much. I'm varying what I'm doing but completely addicted. I've set up Strangetown (Sims 2) in Strangeville. I didn't build the lots myself.. just pulled them from another save and before that the gallery.. but I've got all the main characters.
    My sim is a ways into the storyline also. I do want to play with Shady Acres as is at some point but not now, been waiting for something like this for too long. I didn't even know I was waiting lol..
    9g8s9s.png

Amazing sunset!!

The colors in this world ... especially as the story progresses takes on an otherworldliness the pictures don't come close to doing justice too. I think it looks best in Shady Acres. Sometimes there is .. this like greenish tint to the buildings and objects .. forget what time of the day or under what conditions, but I just have to take it in, because it's strange and appealing to me.
    Another thing I like (and I'm not trying to step on toes saying this because people like different things) is I appreciate Forgotten Hollow, but it bothers my eyes because it's dim. I can only play it in rotation. This place looks weird but more lite-up at the same time, even at night. It also doesn't feel closed in.. because of the open spaces beyond. I can see easily living in this world full time in some saves.
    I keep thinking in some future save I'll stall the story about 3/4's through and build an alien colony on Shady Acres. It would look pretty cool with weird modernish structures and gardens, because of the plants there now. It would be a good setting for colonizing type of stories.
    egTcBMc.png
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    I have to agree. This world is simply gorgeous. I'm going to keep my family in Brindleton Bay and populate Strangerville mostly with community lots that take advantage of the old west vibe. That will be my long term project for the next couple of months.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @Hermitgirl get out of my head! i'd contemplated exactly the same thing there, especially after seeing the greenish tint during the final chapter of the story. if there was just one more lot there, i'd probably have uprooted all my alien households and moved them there, but i'm actually glad there's not so the roswells can keep living there...

maybe in another save, if i ever get around to making one
    Now that things are set up, I'm beginning to play Randy's adventure. He's just walking around the new town they moved to after Ronnie joined the army. He's been having fun and found a little booth and bought a really neat, nerdy, hat. (Ronnie will probably kill him for it because money is tight!)

As he's walking home, he sees something strange....

jR3EvhP.png

itZtxtU.png

"The guy doesn't even know I am here!", thinks Randy. How weird!

I am enjoying this pack! A lot!
  • PapayaPancakePapayaPancake Posts: 867 Member
    Making friends in StrangerVille.

vdx4QXK.jpg
    uD8uCmf.jpg
    zUBKOZK.jpg
  • SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    Rainbow over StrangerVille:

DmzeXC0.png
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    These are great!
    egTcBMc.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    I tend to lock my sims doors but completely forgot when her and her roomate moved into this little trailer.

A weird townie walking by no big deal except...
    aVXZLx5.png

He took a interest in either the smelly glass on the counter or the table itself while my sim was sleeping, either way he just stood there for a bit and then merrily went on his way.
    JVhoUep.png
    Literally.
    lDNi9D2.png
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    I tend to lock my sims doors but completely forgot when her and her roomate moved into this little trailer.

A weird townie walking by no big deal except...
    aVXZLx5.png

He took a interest in either the smelly glass on the counter or the table itself while my sim was sleeping, either way he just stood there for a bit and then merrily went on his way.
    JVhoUep.png
    Literally.
    lDNi9D2.png
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....

Glad to see the hat works, .......wait.

: )
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    How cool is that Hazmat suit though???
    Mh2OnUP.png
    6lwNq0P.png
    tGfkoQ9.png
    wLUGsQM.png

Definitely better than the first time she tried going there I guess :joy:
    6VsMjGE.png

And this pic I just love xD
    5sh3rsL.png

Speaking of love, how cool is this detail? :joy: Really didn't know that could happen before playing so it was great!
    IKxHTaC.png
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Even Sadie knows something's up :joy:
    5wDcax2.png
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,541 Member
    Velma Dinkley got infected! Lol. I moved my Scooby Doo team into the world, but wasn't actually playing them. My military sim was scanning for spores when she spotted this:

03-01-19_9-58-28%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

*singing* There's Something Strange in the Neighborhood

sJmdZWU.png
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • MayFlower49MayFlower49 Posts: 262 Member
    edited March 2019
    One of the first things I did with my sim was to "accidentally" eat the bizarre fruit after the welcome wagon. She has the clumsy trait, so it definitely plays into her character/personality

Say cheese!
    GM0pt0C.png

Going for a run
    3gvfk7a.png

Listening in on the townies
    owMgy05.png

Just casually taking a selfie in my hazmat suit
    WlLsqiU.png

My sim's face seconds before meeting the mother
    jgCYid8.png

First meeting with the mother
    gpq06Sn.png

First meeting with mom when possessed
    Eg9VQ8M.png

Stargazing before the fight
    irirwpo.png

First (and only B)) attempt at defeating the mother!
    GQheC0q.png

tenor.gif
  • KathesaurKathesaur Posts: 58 Member
    What do you do when you want to bring your dog to a spore-infested secret lab?
    You give her her own hazmat suit. Safety first! (Shh...I had to improvise. We'll just have to pretend it's a hazmat suit :D )
    1Z2ASvs.jpg
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    here's some of mine :) i'm really enjoying the pack so far! i hope we get more story based game packs like maybe castaway or something like that haha.
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o7_540.png
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o8_540.png
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o5_540.png
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o1_540.png
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o2_540.png
    tumblr_pno1z7UiZb1xti1m0o3_540.png

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
    Kathesaur wrote: »
    What do you do when you want to bring your dog to a spore-infested secret lab?
    You give her her own hazmat suit. Safety first! (Shh...I had to improvise. We'll just have to pretend it's a hazmat suit :D )
    1Z2ASvs.jpg

OMG that's so adorable. :p
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    When I was playing and saw the snakes I yelled snakes! They are animated pretty well.. you can't interact with them but like the tumbleweeds, blowing dust, spores, ect ...they just add to it.
    142scgw.png

Same model as in JA I guess:) Still looks good
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
    I love my little geek!

ZZONbpi.png

He's smart, and sees something is up in this town and gifted his 2 pals freeze ray guns.

"I think we're gonna need to protect ourselves guys...."

2SYOnTN.png

NveLasQ.png
    No one better to plant a bug on than the guy that seems to know it all.....

0YDXQJp.png